May 02, 2011

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for CS5 arrives

This update (choose Window->Updates from within Photoshop) enables remote connections between Photoshop CS5 and other apps, including the new Adobe Nav, Eazel, and Color Lava for iPad.  According to the release notes,

The 12.0.4 update also fixes Liquify performance, type-related crashes, and other top customer issues. The most significant fixes include the following:

• A number of potential security vulnerabilities have been addressed.
  • Liquify save mesh now works as expected.
  • An issue with Sharpen crashing has been fixed.
  • An issue with Quick Selection crashing has been fixed.
  • The Orphea Studio File Info issue has been resolved.
Posted by John Nack at 10:39 PM on May 02, 2011

Comments

• jan — 1:11 AM on May 03, 2011

i thought it´s at v12.1 already?

• Fritz — 4:48 AM on May 03, 2011

When are the new Adobe iPad apps going live in the App store?

• Georg — 7:59 AM on May 03, 2011

The german version still has the wrong (english) undo-command in the Liquify window. I thought this would be fixed immediately, maybe in 12.0.5.

• Steven Noreyko — 12:33 PM on May 03, 2011

FYI – Mac updater is failing to install the 12.0.4 update.

Forums have reports here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3653028?tstart=0

• Bob Zimmerman — 3:47 PM on May 03, 2011

From within Photoshop CS5, 12.0.3 x32,. clicking on Updates… brings up Adobe Applications Manager, which runs the check and reads: “Checking for updates” then “Your applications are all up to date” – without actually downloading anything.

The adobe download pages recommends using the “Updater”.

Whats the story? Just bypass the “Updater”?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 4:12 PM on May 03, 2011

Hi Bob, have you tried restarting your system and retry to select Help>Updates… ?

• Lon McCauley — 7:07 AM on May 04, 2011

I still cannot get CS5 to update from 12.0,3 x32 to 12.0.4 using the Help/Updates feature. I am repeatedly told by the Adobe Application Manager that Photoshop is up to date. And I have restarted Photoshop multiple times.

• Bill Webb — 7:44 AM on May 04, 2011

I had to download the file from Adobe and then do an unzip and install amnually. Trying it from within CS5 sjhowed no updates needed.

• Ted — 9:21 AM on May 04, 2011

I also couldn’t get CS5 to update. Attempting to update both the 32 and 64-bit versions returned a message that that they were up to date (12.0.3). I successfully updated to 12.0.4 using the downloaded Zip file. Maybe the update server was overloaded with everyone trying to make updates?

• David — 11:14 AM on May 05, 2011

Adobe Photoshop CS5 64 bit Windows 7 SP1. 12.0.4 update fails to install. No error code other than installation failed. Photoshop now unusable and loads version 12.0. I was at 12.0.3. Reimaged PC, tried download version of update and got same error.

• Andrew Murphy — 11:27 AM on May 06, 2011

12.0.4 has caused Photoshop CS5 to use approximately 15% of CPU under OS X 10.6.7. I haven’t made any changes to my system save for the update.

• Adam Jerugim — 2:18 PM on May 06, 2011

Andrew,

We’re now seeing the high cpu usage on one of our development systems so we’ve started the work trying to figure out what’s causing the problem. I’ll post an update once we have more info.

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:49 PM on May 06, 2011

Try this document to resolve 12.0.4 update/install errors:

• Stefan Klein — 2:45 AM on May 07, 2011

John,

if Photoshop is part of the Master Suite, will it be updated, too? In my german Master Suite, Photoshop says, it`s up to date and I have version 12.03.

• Martin Schaefer — 4:19 PM on May 13, 2011

Stefan, same here. Not sure what happened. No 12.0.4 auto-update here.

Cheers,
      Martin

• scott — 7:55 PM on May 07, 2011

I had a parallel problem of not installing on InDesign, actually for the last two upgrades. App Manager wouldn’t do either, and the download wouldn’t do the most recent one.

There is now a new App Mgr 2. I installed that and it fixed the InD problem. Maybe it will do it for PS?

• Rolf — 1:02 AM on May 12, 2011

I down loaded 12.04. I get the following Error message.
    Error loading Updater workflow
    Any thing I could do?
    Thanks any help!

• Stephen Best — 4:21 PM on May 16, 2011

I wish whoever is responsible for me having to reinstall Photoshop (twice for two machines) after the stuff-up with the 12.0.4 update the best in their new job outside of software engineering.

• Brian Zeitler — 6:34 PM on May 21, 2011

Seriously. I know making software is hard but I am so sick of you Adobe.

I am now having to go through reinstalling photoshop again on 2 computers.

Yay Adobe Fail!

• Corey — 3:37 PM on June 02, 2011

We have Photoshop CS4.
    Is it affected?
    Is there a patch?
    thanks

[There’s no connection to CS4. –J.]

• Frank — 4:31 AM on June 27, 2011

Do I need to install the 12.0.3 update before I install 12.0.4 or does 12.0.4 include all the changes in .03 already?

• Chris Cox — 9:03 AM on June 27, 2011

12.0.4 includes all previous fixes/changes.

• matthieu trudel — 2:58 PM on August 19, 2011

cool

• Joe Elario — 10:00 AM on September 07, 2011

too bad you did not inform us of this non- friendly app ( before I purchased )
    iPhone app that is not Mac friendly ? Is this correct ?

Joe Elario

[Sorry, but I don’t understand what you’re asking. –J.]

• Torben Rasmussen — 9:20 AM on September 20, 2011

Im not pretty new using Photoshop but with the version 7.0.1.WIN.UPG WWE 90042117.
    I’m now 74 but still an activ doing photograic artworks and would like to continie work with. It may be costy for me so would my old ver. be for any good as an platform for upgradeding to the to day current level. the SN number i avaible Reg Torben Rasmussen alias The Old Wiking

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)