May 06, 2011

VectorScribe adds powerful tools to Illustrator

The “Vector Paparazzi” app I blogged on Sunday drew an extremely strong response, and now it’s arrived for real: VectorScribe is available in two flavors, Designer (£39+VAT (roughly $65/€45)) which features path manipulation & measurement tools, and Studio (£69+VAT ($119/€79)) which adds smart shapes & dynamic corners. Here’s a slightly updated version of the earlier video:

The site features a large number of training videos, and VectorTuts has posted a detailed tutorial on creating a vector motorcycle using the VectorScribe tools.

I’ve only just started playing with the tools, but I think that the dynamic corners features alone will be a godsend. If you give it a try, I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Posted by John Nack at 1:48 PM on May 06, 2011

Comments

• J. Peterson — 2:30 PM on May 06, 2011

Folks doing technical drafting work may also be interested in HotDoor’s CADTools for AI. I’ve used it in the past (example PDF) and found it to be indispensable if you’re doing that sort of thing.

• Mylenium — 1:43 AM on May 07, 2011

Lovely! And the price is more than right. Almost on the verge of buying it….

• Alex Standiford — 8:45 AM on May 07, 2011

How exciting! It’s very cool to see some technical influence from software like SolidWorks and AutoCad. I’ve used all three pieces of software extensively, and can’t express how awesome it is to see some dynamic added here.

• Michael Foster — 3:22 AM on May 12, 2011

The best upgrade to illustrator in years… and the best value update.

• Les Wagstaff — 6:58 AM on February 17, 2013

John,I’m using Vectorscribe Studio with Illustrator cs6 and I’m blown away, Illustrator has no competition to speak of in my opinion add to this Vectorscribe Studio, Dynamic corners as you say are a godsend,well worth the money.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)