July 20, 2011

Lion: Known Issues with Adobe products

Adobe has posted a tech note, “Known Issues with Adobe products on Mac OS 10.7 Lion,” detailing incompatibilities discovered to date. The only Photoshop-specific issue noted is that droplets don’t work. Please see the document for other product details.

Update: Here’s the Creative Suite FAQ on the subject.

Update 2: I’ve seen mentions of “Licensing has stopped working” errors. These appeared in Snow Leopard as well. Please see this tech doc for details.

Posted by John Nack at 10:33 AM on July 20, 2011

Comments

• Mike Schelhorn — 10:04 AM on July 26, 2011

Several readers of my blog reported that they can´t start Photoshop CS4 / 5 due to license problems after installing Lion.

[Okay, thanks for the heads up. I’ve let our QE folks know, and they may follow up with you. –J.]

• Jurgen Bert — 12:49 AM on August 09, 2011

LicenseRecoveryLauncher mentioned in update 2 is PPC-code and doesn’t run under Leopard :-(

• Jurgen Bert — 12:50 AM on August 09, 2011

I meant LION.

• Brian Rodgers Jr. — 5:42 PM on August 10, 2011

Just out of curiosity…Any word on putting the Creative Suite on Linux?! I bet it would sell

[I bet not. –J.]

• Jeffrey T Joseph — 1:40 PM on August 11, 2011

Photoshop CS5 crashes every time I close the print dialog box using an HP Color LaserJet 2605dn printer. The printer works fine with other non-Adobe programs.

[Please update Photoshop to 12.0.4 (via Help->Updates) as that’ll fix the bug. –J.]

• Jean Garneau — 3:01 AM on August 19, 2011

yup… installed Lion, refreshed Firefox; but now. any address containing ù.adobe” gives a reject…

j

• JoeB — 5:16 AM on October 28, 2011

Every time I try to upload photos to my website and I have CS5 open it freezes. This only happens when I have all them open. Since we are Charleston photographers we always use CS5, Lightroom and our FTP client open for uploading. This just started happening when I upgraded to Lion. Any help would be appriciated.

• Sching — 10:36 AM on November 13, 2012

Have been having problems printing from CS3 Illustrator running on Lion OS 10.7.5. Did a fix that was posted on some forums by removing some conflicting PRINTER PPD files. It used to work, but not anymore. The print screen will appear but the minute I click print on the print screen AI crashes and shuts down. Any solutions ??

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)