August 17, 2011

Video: Danny MacAskill

Beautiful filmmaking showcases incredible athleticism:

Posted by John Nack at 1:28 PM on August 17, 2011

Comments

• Victor Gavenda — 2:52 PM on August 17, 2011

Amazing! I wouldn’t have thought those feats were humanly possible. Also a delight to watch for sheer visual pleasure.

[I took some pleasure in calculating the relative improbability of my achieving any of those feats. "Hmm, is that more a 5,000-to-1 or a 50,000-to-1...?" --J.]

• Rob — 8:51 AM on August 18, 2011

That was incredible! At first I was thinking “I hope he had his tetanus shot recently.” Then when he was jumping rails over multiple story drops I realized tetanus would be the least of his worries.

[Yeah, but wouldn't lockjaw be a special bitch if you were in a full-body cast? --J.]

BTW, I’d be likely to break something just trying to jump a curb. I simply cannot relate to being comfortable enough to try that.

• Nat Brown — 10:19 AM on August 18, 2011

Doesn’t everyone go out after breakfast and ride their bikes across slack CABLES!?

My knees hurt just watching some of the jumps.

Wow.

• Rick McCleary — 4:20 PM on August 19, 2011

… and the filmmaking is wonderful. Beautiful and elegant – no SFX.

• Brian Spence — 6:55 AM on August 21, 2011

Aazing, thanks for the link. Where do you fnd this stuff?!?!?

• imajez — 7:06 AM on August 22, 2011

Brian – This was one of 4 videos made by talented ‘street’ athletes who were featured on the UK Channel 4 programme ‘Concrete Circus’ after they gained attention on You Tube or similar.
    I knew Danny MacAskill had made an serious impression when several of my non-biking friends sent me a link to his first video a couple of years back

Impressive as the video John linked above, it wasn’t quite the best of the show which can be seen here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/concrete-circus/4od
    though possibly only in UK and it is well worth watching to get the full backstory of the 4 videos being produced and to see the finale.

• imajez — 7:20 AM on August 22, 2011

One thing [of many] that really impresses me about trials riders like Danny is they can jump up or over things with a heavy trials bike that most of couldn’t do without the bike weighing us down.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)