September 12, 2011
Watch Adobe Carousel demoed in the PS World keynote
Check out the multi-user/multi-device functionality demoed by Sumner Paine & Julieanne Kost. They show one-step import, direct capture into Carousel, the Develop engine, sharing ratings, and more. Unfortunately the video doesn’t allow embedding, but the link jumps you right to the start of the demo.
Swiffy Flash-to-HTML5 converter updated
Speaking of HTML5 tooling, Google has updated Swiffy, the experimental (and open source) Flash-to-HTML5 converter:
Download Preview 2 of Adobe’s HTML5 animation tool, Edge
The second public release of Adobe Edge features a range of user-requested enhancements:
- Smart guides — Precision guide and dimension markers are displayed when an object on the stage is moved/resized, helping to align objects in relation to others.
- Specify semantic tags on managed elements — Change the tag type of each shape, image and text in Edge to reflect appearance in the HTML document object model (DOM).
- Copy and paste elements — You can now copy and paste elements in Edge, to easily duplicate shapes, images or text. Duplicate images will refer to the same underlying asset.
- Align and distribute elements — Select multiple elements, and align and distribute them via new options in the Modify menu.
- Drag and drop z-index manipulation — In the elements panel, you can now control the z-order of shapes, text and images created in Edge.
- Playhead time editing — You can now type into the timeline’s counter to move the playhead to a specific location, or by dragging the numeric value up or down with your mouse.
- Windows 7 update — An error on the Windows version causing Edge to crash on startup is resolved, no longer requiring users to change the display bit depth from 32-bit to 16-bit.
- jQuery update — Edge’s animation framework now works with the latest jQuery 1.6.2.
Edge remains a work in progress, so as always the team is eager to hear your feedback (and to see what you can create).