September 12, 2011
Download Preview 2 of Adobe’s HTML5 animation tool, Edge
The second public release of Adobe Edge features a range of user-requested enhancements:
- Smart guides — Precision guide and dimension markers are displayed when an object on the stage is moved/resized, helping to align objects in relation to others.
- Specify semantic tags on managed elements — Change the tag type of each shape, image and text in Edge to reflect appearance in the HTML document object model (DOM).
- Copy and paste elements — You can now copy and paste elements in Edge, to easily duplicate shapes, images or text. Duplicate images will refer to the same underlying asset.
- Align and distribute elements — Select multiple elements, and align and distribute them via new options in the Modify menu.
- Drag and drop z-index manipulation — In the elements panel, you can now control the z-order of shapes, text and images created in Edge.
- Playhead time editing — You can now type into the timeline’s counter to move the playhead to a specific location, or by dragging the numeric value up or down with your mouse.
- Windows 7 update — An error on the Windows version causing Edge to crash on startup is resolved, no longer requiring users to change the display bit depth from 32-bit to 16-bit.
- jQuery update — Edge’s animation framework now works with the latest jQuery 1.6.2.
Edge remains a work in progress, so as always the team is eager to hear your feedback (and to see what you can create).