September 29, 2011

Lightroom 3.5, Camera Raw 6.5 updates available

Lightroom 3.5 (Mac|Win) and Camera Raw 6.5 (Mac|Win) are now available as final releases on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 3.  These updates include bug fixes, new camera support and new lens profiles. New camera support:

• Fuji FinePix F600EXR
  • Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12
  • Sony Alpha NEX-C3
  • Sony Alpha NEX-5N
  • Sony SLT-A35
  • Sony SLT-A65
  • Sony SLT-A77
  • Hasselblad “FFF” files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also now supported. (FFF files created using the FlexColor software are not supported)

For a list of lens profiles added & bugs fixed, please see the Lightroom Journal post.

Posted by John Nack at 9:44 AM on September 29, 2011

Comments

• John S. — 10:11 AM on September 29, 2011

What’s up with removing functionality in a point release?

Customers on the Mac platform utilizing OS X 10.7 will no longer have tethered support in Lightroom 3 for the following Canon cameras:

EOS 5D
    EOS 350D (Rebel XT/EOS Kiss Digital N)
    EOS 20D

[We didn’t remove anything: the 10.7 update broke the functionality. –J.]

• 3434343 — 1:02 PM on September 29, 2011

so what are the new features in v4?

• Karsten — 3:45 PM on September 29, 2011

FWIW: The Mac download page lists “OS: Mac OS X v.10.5-10.6″ in the system requirements. No Lion love from Adobe?

[As noted in a previous comment, the 10.7 update apparently broke some tethering support. –J.]

• bob peterson — 1:17 PM on September 30, 2011

since installing the new update Adobe Camera Raw 6.5 (mac system with Photoshop CS5) the Photo Downloader freezes

adobe’s fix is to remove 6.5 and install 6.a.1

but it won’t install

stuck in seattle

• Larry Schiffman — 12:50 PM on October 01, 2011

I am having the exact same problem, and I do not particularly want to uninstall/reinstall CS5 (especially since I still have CS4 on the machine and the downloader works) to perhaps correct it. Let’s hope Adobe is reading these posting and has a fix.

Larry

• Arno — 8:50 AM on October 01, 2011

So I have my updates set to automatic, when I check for updates it tells me I’m totally up-to-date. When I download the Camera Raw 6.5 updater and install it manually it gives me an error.
    When I want to import an image from Lightroom into Photoshop, it tells me that I need Camera Raw 6.5.

What’s that all about?

• Larry Schiffman — 6:22 PM on October 01, 2011

Found the fix.
    The ACR files are here – HardDrive>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Plugins>CS5>File Formats. Remove the one file in that folder. Open Time Machine, do to a date before you upgraded to 6.5 and go to that same File Formats folder using the Path above and Restore. Works like a charm, assuming you are using Time Machine. I had this figured out, but had no idea where the Ray update file is stored. I can’t imagine why Adobe has to make this so difficult.

• Erik Nelson — 6:59 AM on October 26, 2011

Hello John,

I was wondering, several versions ago, (2.7 I believe) the Leaf Aptus II 8 aka Leaf Aptus 40 was added to the list of supported cameras. My version of Lightroom 3.5 can read these files, however there is no Adobe Standard color profile for this back. When I go to the calibration tab it just shows embedded. These files are uncompressed .mos files and not jpegs or tifs. With my Leaf Aptus 75 I use the Adobe Standard profile and like it. Is this a bug or just an unsupported feature of the Aptus 40?

Thanks,

erik

• Aaron Spence — 4:44 PM on November 14, 2011

G’day John,

I know PS isn’t your game anymore, but it seems there’s been changes the the .xmp structure in ACR6.5, LR3.5, that have broken expensive and critical batch functionality we use via PS Scripts.

Any idea where I could find information about the changes?

Thanks, Aaron.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)