October 23, 2011

Video: Photoshop CS5 Instant Effects: One-click techniques for designers

Check out this hour-long session from Photoshop pro Jack Davis:

Learn techniques for making images look their best, fast, including everything from instant optimizing and enhancing of images to making Smart Filter recipes, custom actions, and tool presets.

Posted by John Nack at 8:38 AM on October 23, 2011

Comments

• RichardL — 10:33 AM on October 23, 2011

Great link thanks! Are Russell’s presets available to download anywhere? I couldn’t find them on his own site. Cheers!

• Axian — 1:25 PM on October 23, 2011

Here’s a link for all those presets he talks about during the demonstration

• Chris — 6:53 AM on October 24, 2011

Can you post direct link? I can’t see the movie/flash file inline in the post at all.

• Chris — 5:59 AM on October 25, 2011

John I see a lot of movies that aren’t there. Maybe it’s my computer, maybe it’s Flash, maybe it’s youTube, I dunno. But could you please put a direct text link to (all) the movies on your site as a backup?

• Jon Schroeder — 1:38 PM on October 24, 2011

Do you also have the link to the styles Jack was using in the video?

Thanks

• Barry Hill — 8:08 AM on October 25, 2011

Would also be gratefull if someone would publish the frame and texture actions and layer styles for photoshop that Jack mentions in his video

• Kta — 4:48 AM on October 26, 2011

Jack Davis is great. Thanks a lot for this video!

• Behold — 5:11 PM on October 31, 2011

I guess Jack Davis has put in his time on the circuit, but its hard for me to imagine any serious user really benefitting from one of these “let me show you a million unrelated tips” lectures.

I think all the styles/presets/actions, etc he refers to are available in his WOW books.

• Rebecca — 5:05 AM on April 13, 2012

Where can we get the freebies or are they not available?

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)