January 28, 2012

Photoshop in Romanian protests

“Text says ‘We want cheaper Photoshop! Down with Comic Sans!,'” reports the excellently named Marius-Remus Mate.

Jon Stewart one mentioned that American troops were teaching Afghan kids to play baseball. Whole families were really getting into the spirit of the game, he said, showing a dad in the stands holding a sign reading “ESPN: Execute Some Pashtuns Now!” Ah Photoshop, you do get around.

Posted by John Nack at 8:09 AM on January 28, 2012

Comments

• Bojan Živković — 8:29 AM on January 28, 2012

He is right. There is huge difference in economies between Eastern Europe and West civilization. Adobe should think about prices for developing countries

• Dennis Warren — 8:50 AM on January 28, 2012

How about pricing for deveopling artists!!!

• Armand — 12:56 PM on January 28, 2012

As a Romanian, I concur, even though the banner itself is more or less a joke (there was even a “Chuck Norris you are our only hope” banner.)

Adobe charges Romanians more than Americans for the same English download-only version of CS5. If you take purchasing power into account, it becomes prohibitive. How many Americans would buy Photoshop if it were $5000? To make matters even worse, there are no teacher or student versions available here either.

I am not condoning piracy and my company has only licensed software, I don’t think that access to Photoshop should be a basic human right either, but Adobe’s marketing and financial departments could do a better job.

• Dragos — 1:04 PM on January 29, 2012

As the owner of an animation studio (in Romania) which also uses only licensed software, I think Adobe’s pricing in Europe / Eastern Europe is insulting. Which is why we’re looking for alternatives in any possible area.
    I suppose that if people will switch (if they have alternatives, which is the case in the field of animation and visual effects), Adobe will blame the reduced sales on piracy.

• Michael — 5:44 AM on January 30, 2012

I agree Photoshop is a bit expensive, but its certainly not worth protesting about lol I think Photoshop is fantastic and worth every dollar. You can’t expect quality to be cheap, it never is :)

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)