March 12, 2012
Photoshop.next to get new video chops
If we didn’t spill the beans in the first frames, I’d ask what app you thought created this clip:
So, why do work like this in Photoshop and not, say, Premiere Pro? Photoshop PM Bryan O’Neil Hughes shares some thoughts here.
Adobe Edge (HTML5 animation) Preview 5 is available
Sounds like a lot of great stuff in the new build (available free on Adobe Labs):
New Publishing and Optimization Features:
- Publish to web: Preview 5 has an option to specify if jQuery should be packaged with the composition, or downloaded from a CDN to produce lighter code and improve caching.
- Down-level browser support: Define a fallback state of a composition for non-HTML5 browsers like IE8 and below.
- Preloader improvements: Choose what gets shown during the preloader (before the framework, jQuery, or composition is loaded).
Emphasis on animation:
- Timeline: We made several significant improvements to the timeline that make composing animations much easier and faster, such as an easier to use Pin (formerly the Mark) and smarter playback behavior.
- On-stage tools: New clip and transform tools make it easier to manipulate objects and create animation effects.
Many other enhancements:
- Improved symbol functionality, stage editing options, the ability to swap images, more intuitive contextual menus, many bug fixes, and much more have been added to preview 5.