March 28, 2012
Photoshop CS6 beta: 500,000+ downloads & counting
Nice press quotes:
- Gizmodo: “Photoshop CS6: The Best Update In Recent Memory“
- PC Magazine:
- “The future of creative image editing is upon us.
- “You would think that after a program has been the leader in its field for over 20 years, there wouldn’t be much to add. But quite the opposite is the case with Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- “The new version will thrill nearly all categories of users, from photographers to designers.
- “All of this adds up to a superb upgrade that should make anyone serious about image editing salivate over Photoshop CS6.”
- Wired: ”Content-aware brushes, Liquify filter and new Blur tool will amaze. In-app search is a huge time-saver for sifting through giant stacks of layers.”
- USA Today: “We’ve been testing CS6 for the last week, and having lots of fun with the new tools. The new interface is a huge improvement — the images really do look sharper and more pronounced.”
And from some designers I follow on Twitter:
- “I’ll use it for a few days so I can give a better assessment, but so far: ball out of the park.” — Neven Mrgan
- “I’ve been using PS CS6 for a while, and it’s been sweet… The truth is that CS6 has a bunch of changes that make my life a lot better but may piss off some users. Which is great. Adobe did well.” — Sebastiaan de With
- “I think the community at large agrees: PS6 is an incredible update.” — Cameron Moll
Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Sneak Peek: Illustrator CS6 vector pattern creation
I guess I can now reply to those asking: yes, the interface is (optionally) dark. :-)
Photoshop online seminars this week
- On Thursday Photoshop diva Katrin Eismann will be talking photography, color management, and more. She’ll show off Smart Objects, Smart Filters, HDR creation using Nik’s HDR Efex Pro, and black & white conversion with Nik’s Silver Efex Pro. Sessions are at 12pm & 2pm Eastern. Register here.
- On Friday Photoshop PM Zorana Gee will show new features in the Photoshop CS6 beta. She’ll give you an overview of the release as well as some tips and tricks on how to get started. The session is at 12pm Eastern. Register here.