March 21, 2012

Adobe Ideas gets new features on iOS, Android

Adobe Ideas 1.6 for iOS is now live in the App Store. New features:

• Easily pick up colors using the new Eyedropper tool
  • Choose colors using new HSB and RGB color pickers
  • Drag and drop to save your own color themes
  • Name your ideas to distinguish them on your device and for easier sharing
  • Use up to 10 drawing layers for each sketch at no extra cost

Ideas 1.5.1 for Android is live in Google Play. This version will also be bundled with the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. New features:

• Bug fixes, including a fix for a problem with sign-in to the Creative Cloud on Android 4.0 (ICS)
  • Support for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S-Pen

Posted by John Nack at 12:44 PM on March 21, 2012

Comments

• Rob — 1:14 PM on March 21, 2012

Why not add layers to the Android version? It is getting really terrible reviews on the Google market mostly because of the lack of layers.

I would buy it today but based on the reviews and lack of layers, I wouldn’t waste my money.

• Jason Stoff — 1:43 PM on March 21, 2012

Overall, the updates to iOS are really nice – but it’s a bummer to see the create-a-color-palette-from-a-photo feature get axed without warning.

I know, I know – that’s a Kuler feature, not an Ideas feature. But, on iOS, Kuler isn’t released – and we don’t have a release date for that yet, either.

Either way, I’m excited for the rest of the Touch apps – and I hope that there’s a fairly seamless way to access Kuler color palettes in the other apps.

• Kartveli — 2:43 PM on March 21, 2012

and we don’t have a release date for that yet, either. This is a comment of azerbaijan

• Anna — 9:18 AM on March 23, 2012

Adobe Ideas is one of my favorite iPhone apps, it even has prime placement on my home screen.

I can not believe that my most used feature has been removed. I loved the ability to create and collect Colour/Color schemes algorithmically from photos and images in my camera roll.

John, please talk to the team responsible and let them know that it was a lovely feature, which will be sorely missed. Can you report here if it will return and if it was only a temporary measure related to the interface refresh?

Thank you.

• Trav — 6:50 AM on March 31, 2012

Yeah, I’ve been scrambling trying to figure out how to make color themes again. In the marketing text it says it’s easier, but I see no way! Am I stuck with the few color themes I made in the previous version until kuler comes out? Weak move…

• Steve — 10:57 AM on May 15, 2012

It isn’t just layers missing from the Android version, it’s feature parity. There hasn’t been a truly substantial update to Ideas on Android in the six months since its release. Every update for the iOS version without a major update for Android with actual additional features (layers, color picking) is an insult. It’s actually really upsetting to know that I paid $10 for an app with less functionality than the free iPod Touch version where you could at least export the drawings as PDF files.

• Jorj X McKie — 7:18 AM on April 27, 2013

Here we are mid 2013 and still no layers for Android Ideas? It’s not like we’re asking you to code for some obscure OS barely on the chart… it’s friggin’ Android for Christ’s sake? Please get moving!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)