April 30, 2012

The CS2->CS6 upgrade window remains open, but barely

Photoshop PM Jeff Tranberry addresses upgrade questions on the Photoshop team blog:

Question: Can I upgrade to CS6?

Yes. Owners of a CS5 or CS5.5 qualify for upgrade pricing to CS6.

There is a special offer – good through the end of the year- which allows CS3 & CS4 owners an opportunity to upgrade to CS6.

Owners of CS2 have one last chance if they purchase CS5 from a reseller in the next 30 days (to receive a free upgrade to CS6).

Check out the rest of Jeff’s post for other useful Q&A.

Posted by John Nack at 10:27 AM on April 30, 2012

Comments

• Blogger widget — 6:43 PM on April 30, 2012

I use CS2 as it is easy but CS5 or higher version are too slow on my Pc

• RogerT — 9:58 AM on May 02, 2012

I bought the full version of CS2 years ago and have upgraded over the years to CS3 then CS4 and finally CS5. I’m a NAPP member too. Will I be able to get and upgrade to CS6 or will I need to get the full version of CS6? If so, how much will this cost me as a NAPP member? I just can’t seem to find a straight answer on this. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

• Willy Soenen — 8:53 AM on August 19, 2012

Dear,

Subject : Adobe CS2 upgrading to/CS3/CS4 and CS5
      I noticed your question regarding the upgrade to CS6 as NAPP member and I also cannot find a straight answer to this issue on the internet.
      Have you received an answer in the meantime ?
      Many thanks in advance for your reply.
      Willy Soenen – Brussels

• Georgiana — 11:57 AM on May 19, 2012

I’ve CS2 but never upgrade. Can I still upgrade to CS6 or any higher. Thanks.

• james bryant — 10:45 AM on October 07, 2012

2012/10/7 can I upgradeto a newer version of photoshop have cs2.

• william vargas — 9:27 AM on December 03, 2012

I have cs2 need to up grade to cs5 do you have the up grade to cs5 that I need and how much is the cost.

• cornelius miller — 7:57 AM on January 02, 2013

I have cs2 production suite and.want upgrade to
    Cs6 what is the cheapest way.thanks

• Linda — 1:42 AM on February 20, 2013

My company recently upgraded from CS2 to CS6 Adobe suite (PC). Prior research affirmed CS6 could open CS2 files. I also have CS5 on personal computer. We need to update a large project and want to pull from CS2 InDesign files, but neither CS5 or 6 will open the INDD CS2 files. In fact, trying to open them closes InDesign.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Thank you!
    Linda

• I have Adobe Photoshop 2 and would like to upgrade it to CS 2 standard. How can I do that? — 1:40 PM on March 17, 2013

I have Adobe Photoshop 2 and would like to upgrade it to CS Standard PC. It’s for use in my home office and I’m retired. I’ve use CS2 before on someone else’s computer and found it to be very easy to use.

HELP please!

Veda Beckman

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 11:17 AM on March 18, 2013

Hi Veda, it’s unclear what you currently own. Do you own Photoshop 2? Photoshop CS2? Or Elements 2?

Do you want to upgrade to Design Standard CS6?

Your best bet may be to subscribe to Creative Cloud. You can get all the Suite, and more, for $29 a month if you own any CS product.

• Veda Beckman — 3:02 PM on March 18, 2013

I own the complete version of Photoshop 2. Could i just upgrade it to Photoshop 3 or 4?

• Veda Beckman — 3:34 PM on March 18, 2013

Jack,

I have the CS2 version of Photoshop. I want something that has the clone, newer ghealing tool, etc.

• Jun ooi — 8:52 AM on June 17, 2013

i want my photoshop CS2 upgrade to photoshop CS6.
    Thanks.

• Anna — 7:28 PM on July 19, 2013

I have CS2 Premium on my old Windows XP computer. I would like to buy CS6 for my new MAC. I would like to find out for sure if CS6 for MAC will open my CS2 files from my PC. I expect to pay the price for CS6. I am not asking for a less expensive upgrade. But I want to be certain that I can transfer my CS2 files before I invest in CS6. Thanks!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)