May 10, 2012
Download the new Adobe Edge preview
Adobe’s new HTML animation tool, Edge, has just released preview 6. Improvements include:
- Built-in lessons: Six new tutorials are built right into Edge, to help new users get familiar with the basics.
- Coding: A new code panel provides a complete view of the actions code in a composition, and the code editor has a new full code mode.
- Publishing: Projects can be published into DPS or iBooks formats. There’s also a new Static HTML Markup feature for SEO benefits, and Google Chrome Frame support for better fidelity on non-HTML5 browsers.
- Symbols: Users can now copy/paste and import/export symbols from one project to another.
- Languages: Edge is now available in French, German, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.
- Other cool stuff: The Preview in Browser function is now compatible with Adobe Shadow, auto-keyframe mode has been improved, editable time codes are back, and so much more to make Edge more efficient.