May 21, 2012
How to get Adobe Touch apps for free via Creative Cloud
Subscribing to Creative Cloud entitles you to free copies of the Adobe Touch apps. Here’s what you do:
- Buy the touch apps via the App Store or Android Market.
- Log into Creative Cloud from within each app.
- Once you’ve logged into at least three touch apps, we’ll credit your account with a free month of service, offsetting the price you paid for the touch apps*.
- Result: You get the touch apps for no cost beyond your Creative Cloud membership.
Is it a slightly strange approach? Maybe, but it works. (See terms & conditions if you want the fine print.) Please let us know if anything remains confusing.
* I suppose someone will point out that if one buys 5 touch apps and is paying $30/mo., a free month doesn’t cover the cost of the touch apps. It’s equally true, however, that if one buys 3 touch apps and is paying $50/mo., a free month covers nearly twice the cost of the touch apps.