May 15, 2012

The new video workflow in Photoshop CS6

RC Concepcion from NAPP gives a quick tour of new Scene layers & more:

Posted by John Nack at 8:10 AM on May 15, 2012

Comments

• Jeremy Chone — 9:47 AM on May 15, 2012

Looks great, but I am still confuse on when to use this vs Adobe Premiere or AfterEffect

• Dennis — 11:48 AM on May 15, 2012

Jeremy,

I can’t think of a good reason to except that a person might not own Premiere or AE. They might only own Photoshop.

I think it is good that PS has the basics of video editing and adjustments given that so many dSLR’s now take video.

• Jeremy Chone — 4:06 PM on May 15, 2012

Thanks for the answer.

• Jose Miguel — 10:48 AM on May 15, 2012

I love photoshop, is a bit hard to use, but once you learn, you can do 100 things of great quality

• Alex — 10:50 AM on May 15, 2012

Great, did not know he had been released CS6 version, when I can I look to see if I upgrade, that even using the CS3

• Allen Cobb — 2:13 PM on May 15, 2012

@Jeremy:

I use Premier Pro and After Effects and a few other video-capable apps, but the new workflow in Ps is so simple, and in such a powerful environment for tweaking the photographic aspects of my shots, that it’s now incredibly fast and simple to put together rough cuts and simple tests or experiments in Ps. If I’m making something complex or large, or working with serious video FX, the other video apps are more appropriate. If there’s a whole production in the works, I’ll probably build rough cuts in Prelude because of its tight integration with Pr, but for quick short projects Ps is (with CS6) pretty hard to beat.

Allen

• Jeremy Chone — 4:07 PM on May 15, 2012

Thanks, I will give it a try. But I really like After Effects, so, I guess I will see which one I prefer for video.

• Michael — 5:40 AM on May 17, 2012

Sounded really good.
    BUT…
    the audio from my Panasonic HDC-SD66 video has not been imported, as is with all Dolby Sound. I understand that this would cost money to license dolby ability. But as Apple has this in its 1Movie, sold for 15$, I wonder if this really counts as an excuse, as the upgrade price for my Photoshop extended is 532 Dollars (that is 399 Euro excluding tax).

• m — 8:07 AM on May 22, 2012

i don’t really need video in photoshop. that’s what video software is for.

if you want to blend programs blend photoshop and illustrator.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)