September 13, 2012

NKS5 Natural Media Toolkit for Photoshop

I haven’t gotten to try it out, but the NKS5 Natural Media Toolkit for Photoshop CS5/CS6 looks interesting:

NKS5 is a custom toolkit for Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS5.5 and CS6. It provides a wide range of natural media, texturing, and production tools in an attractive, easy-to-use palette with a minimal footprint.

Here’s a demo:

Posted by John Nack at 8:09 AM on September 13, 2012

Comments

• Mel — 9:46 AM on September 13, 2012

John, at first glance, the small image in your blog page evoked my reaction of WTF? (What’s This For?). But then I played the demo full-screen and wow, this is a well thought out and beautifully executed tool! And that’s coming NOT from a designer, but from a mere photographer! I can already see using this to create or enhance backgrounds for some of my retouching/restoration work. Thanks for letting us know about this gem.

One complaint, though: there’s no audio for the demo. It would be nice to have the video synced to Paul Simon’s “Kodachrome”. [:-)

• Bojan — 1:24 AM on September 14, 2012

It works in Photoshop CS5, best of all it is free. Dont let confuse you Publisher not verified, it will appear twice while installing extension.

• Greg Geisler — 7:22 AM on September 14, 2012

Whoa! Downloaded and played around with them and am absolutely thrilled. Brilliant work by this fellow. I’m going to kick him down some beer money. Here’s a quick sketch: http://headmachine.tumblr.com/post/31475369622

[Show-off! Don't stop. :-) --J.]

• Nir from Israel — 3:16 PM on September 16, 2012

Install procedure not working on my PC – Did anybody manage to do it on a PC ? The ZXP does not start anyinstaller and I couldn’t install it manually.

:-(

• Bojan — 6:57 PM on September 16, 2012

I have installed on PC, Win XP without any problem.

• Nir — 4:09 AM on September 17, 2012

Great drawing Greg.

• Iris Goldsmith — 2:42 PM on August 25, 2013

I can’t get this to work on my laptop and I’ve tried a lot I can’t get it to work on my Photoshop and I have a CS5 64bit Photoshop and it doesn’t seem to work when I try and install it. I would very much appreciate some help, thank you.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)