October 23, 2012

Friday Demo/Q&A: New features in Edge Inspect (formerly Shadow)

Friday at noon Pacific, engineer Mark Rausch will show off the latest from Adobe’s tool for previewing & inspecting Web designs on devices:

Recent enhancements include the ability to install a custom local Weinre server, integration with JS Bin, localhost configurations with xip.io. Learn what’s coming down the pipeline and share your feedback with the product team.

Please RSVP here.

Here’s a 2-minute peek at Edge Inspect in action:

Posted by John Nack at 11:31 AM on October 23, 2012

Comments

• Michael Joyce — 1:50 PM on October 23, 2012

I tried to RSVP, but the link does not work.

• Jeremy Chone — 2:46 PM on October 23, 2012

Adobe Shadow was great, now, I am getting confused. It asked me to be a cloud member, but I already have the full master suite, and it used to be free.

So, I do not know if I can use it for longer than the trial period. Also, not sure if I need to be connected to the internet now to work.

Sad, it started as a very cool little standalone tool. We, developers, do not like big-all-integrated tools suite.

Anyway, I will wait until my trial expire to see if I can still use it.

• Claudius — 8:39 AM on December 03, 2012

In that case: use weinre (pronounced winery)

It’s (afaik) the core of shadow/inspector and you can easily set it up on any computer that runs java.

• Claudius — 8:40 AM on December 03, 2012

I forgot to mention: it doesn’t do all of what shadow/inspector does, but at least you’ll have some form of remote debugging on Webkit-Devices.

• Joshua — 5:08 PM on October 23, 2012

I believe your company shouldnt worry about anything else getting accomplished until you fix your damn flashplayer 11 that continues to virus and spam my computer with advertisements running in the background it only happens when i install your junk on my computer nothing else i find it rediculous that i need flash player 11 to play certain games on my computer 10 never caused me any problems or virused my computer like your flash player 11 fix this now

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)