November 14, 2012
Design principles worth noting
I like this list from Gov.uk:
- Start with needs
- Do less
- Design with data
- Do the hard work to make it simple
- Iterate. Then iterate again.
- Build for inclusion
- Understand context
- Build digital services, not websites
- Be consistent, not uniform
- Make things open: it makes things better
Check out the whole post for details & examples of each.
Demo: Processing a Space Shuttle Photo in Lightroom
In September I mentioned some great photos of the Shuttle Endeavor flying over San Francisco, captured by Lightroom team member Ben Warde. Now Ben shows some of his techniques for turning a flat image into something much more impactful.
[Via Andrew Kavanagh]