December 20, 2012

CS6: Photoshop 13.0.3/13.1.1 Updates Now Available

Jeff Tranberry writes,

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.3 (for Mac Perpetual customers) and version 13.1.1 (for Creative Cloud Members, Mac and Windows), resolving the following bugs:

• Certain PSD files fail to open when they have layer FX applied to layers
  • The application crashes when opening certain EPS files
  • On Retina machines, the application crashes when the Navigator panel is displayed in some workspaces

To get the update, from within Photoshop choose Help > Updates, causing theĀ Adobe Application Manager to launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

Posted by John Nack at 5:40 AM on December 20, 2012

Comments

• Simon — 6:22 AM on December 20, 2012

Running 13.1.0 here but the update isn’t showing in Application Manager.

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 6:52 AM on December 20, 2012

Hmm, Are you still having a difficulty? I just tried Help>Updates… from 13.1 and the update showed up and installed.

• Hayo Baan — 8:59 AM on December 20, 2012

I don’t yet see the update for 13.0.2 on my Mac either. Guess we’re a bit too quick :-)

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:55 PM on December 20, 2012

Hayo, can you try downloading the 13.0.3 update from here? http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

• Hayo Baan — 2:23 AM on December 21, 2012

Jeffrey, just to let you know, the update now shows up for me just fine (Netherlands). Guess we were indeed a bit too quick ;-)

Thanks,
            Hayo

• Simon — 1:56 PM on December 20, 2012

Still not showing up here in Switzerland. Just checked again.

• Michael — 10:01 AM on December 20, 2012

same here – no update available…. still on 13.1 creative cloud :-(((

• Mike — 10:05 AM on December 20, 2012

How do I uninstall photoshop 13.0.3? Every time I open photoshop now the application manager opens and tries to get me to choose a trail version of CS6 extended which I don’t want, the standard version meets my need quite well.

The application manager is also trying to get me to join adobe cloud which I don’t want. I have to physically close the application manager to make those windows go away. I have to say I don’t appreciate adobe trying to coerce me into these choices. How do I disable application manager?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 3:25 PM on December 20, 2012

Hi Mike, Extended and standard are the same thing. Just choose [License this Software] and enter your serial # and it will activate it as the standard version of Photoshop.

• Mike — 3:29 PM on December 20, 2012

Thanks Jeffery

• Greg Boyer — 12:00 PM on December 20, 2012

When will the “could not export the clipboard because it is too large” bug going to be addressed?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 3:26 PM on December 20, 2012

I’m not aware of an issue with the clipboard. There is a limit to the size of the clipboard when switching applications. If you don’t want to see this warning choose Edit>Purge>Clipboard before switching applications.

• Greg Boyer — 5:06 PM on December 20, 2012

Hi Jeffery,
        I started getting the message everytime I close out an image after the 13.01 update. There are posts about the same problem on the Adobe Photoshop forum. I had to uncheck export clipboard. Though this works it does not help the workflow when working with other apps.

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:54 PM on December 20, 2012

Do you have a link to the forum you’re referring to?

• Josh Manore — 8:57 AM on April 05, 2013

The clipboard warning needs to be addressed. I saw your recommendation to purge the clipboard before switching to another program, and that is ludicrous. Believe it or not, some people work with this program and at work, high volume and efficiency is to be expected. Kind of the point of hot keys right? Speed, efficiency… It would be ridiculous to purge every 30 seconds.

• Korting — 12:21 PM on December 20, 2012

Can’t find the update on my Mac… Message to quick? Or am I blind?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:53 PM on December 20, 2012

Hi Korting, are you Creative Cloud member or perpetual license user? Mac or Win?

• Evelyn — 4:44 AM on December 21, 2012

HI guys,
    if we are going by regions, does anyone know when the updates will be available in Australia?

I’m a cloud member and tried to use the ap manager several times and the update failed after 97% had been downloaded, every time :(

will really appreciated some answers

• Zev Eisenberg — 5:43 AM on December 21, 2012

The release notes for 13.0.3 on MacUldate are the same as the release notes for 13.0.2.

• dan pearlman — 1:27 PM on December 21, 2012

When will Bridge and ACRE get retina upgrades?? Bad omission!

• RobR — 10:08 PM on December 21, 2012

Any chance the View Print Size feature will return? Why was it dropped in the first place?

• Rob — 1:32 AM on December 22, 2012

There are quite a few bug fixes in the 13.03 mac update (not counting the retina part)

So my question is why haven’t windows perpetual license holders users gotton those bug fixes?

Example of bug fixed in 13.03 mac and not for windows perpetual license holders:

The cropping of pixels outside of the document bounds of layers in a layer group when merging the group.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)