April 08, 2013

What is Adobe Anywhere?

I’m so proud that my wife Margot gets to help deliver the next generation of collaborative awesomeness. Adobe Anywhere helps editors, VFX artists, and other video pros simultaneously access, stream, and work with remotely stored media. As the product site says, “There’s no need for heavy file transfers, duplicate media, or proxy files.”

Here’s how it works, in under 3 minutes:

And check out how CNN & others are putting Anywhere into action:

It’s fun for me to see some of these customers at last. Many are based in Europe, so I’ll often wake up to the sound of Margot dialing into early morning conference calls. One day Finn, age 4, asked me, “Dad-O, is Mom-O talking to Germans?” Yes, I told him. “No!” he said, “Nein nein nein nein!” :-)

Posted by John Nack at 8:08 AM on April 08, 2013

Comments

• Ben Hansen — 9:12 AM on April 08, 2013

The future is cool isn’t it? Can’t wait to see this for the other apps!

[What would you like to see in particular? --J.]

• Ben Hansen — 10:08 AM on April 08, 2013

everything really but top of the list would be photoshop illustrator and dreamweaver

• Rob — 10:06 AM on April 08, 2013

And the phrase “collaboration hub” opens up new possibilities for sexual euphemism. “Yeah, I got your collaboration hub right here!”

• Ken — 1:16 PM on April 08, 2013

Greetings John,
    This adobe anywhere is not in my realm of use, but love what you guys are doing and want to cheer you on.

I saw this new release of this little “bad boy” and mention of some “other video software Companies” but not you guys.

Kind regards
    Ken in KY

• Eric Scouten — 7:54 PM on April 08, 2013

Nein?

I can’t resist: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1ZeciX-3wfs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1ZeciX-3wfs

[Hah--just yesterday I sent that link to a friend. Ja! --J.]

• joseph c smith — 11:04 PM on April 08, 2013

so is there a way to do this collaboration with illustrator photoshop or similar? I have a big group of kids working with MIT and they all want into the same kind of anywhere collaboration on a bunch of video game projects.. will use every app possible.. have creative cloud, some of the kids have it too.. sponsored by adobe actually.. nice of the staffer who did that..
    peace
    Joseph

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)