June 03, 2013

Demo: Photoshop for Web Designers

Lynda.com’s Justin Seeley gave a comprehensive presentation at MAX:

Justin reveals image optimization techniques while debunking web resolution myths. He’ll also help you learn how to use Photoshop to work with HTML and CSS files, and show how these tools can help improve your workflow. He may even have time to sneak in a few new Photoshop features. In this session, you’ll learn how to:

• Use layer comps to simulate interactivity and multipage layouts
  • Create Retina display–caliber graphics using actions and batch processing
  • Build UI libraries with shape layers
  • Create image sprites
  • Work with pixel grid alignment and design with grid systems
Posted by John Nack at 10:22 AM on June 03, 2013

Comments

• John lehet — 6:53 PM on June 03, 2013

Instead I will focus more on single pupose tools for these tricks and back my workflow away from photoshop investment, while I wait to see how this CC plays out. It’s too bad, just a month ago I would have eagerly embraced new photoshop tricks.

I almost bought Macrabbit’s Slicy a couple of days ago — pretty amazing at $29 for a license. But even that is tied to a photoshop future, using named layer groups in a .psd.

• Nick Hampson — 11:49 PM on June 03, 2013

Great to see this integration making photoshop to web workflow easier. Jeez John your getting some flack over CC. Last year I upgraded one license to CC and one to local CS6 as I had concerns over using machines while travelling and wanted to test side by side. A year later from actually trying both (on multiple machines and around the world) I found both the updates and services great. I rely on Adobe for my design work, rent vs. buy did feel weird but in use it’s fine and the REALITY of the value vs. features making my work better and having new options, workflows and tools is compelling. Software as a service is an industry trend for many good reasons. On a lighter note paying a small amount monthly makes you feel better about not getting a big box to sit on the shelf and look at, when I got my first mini sized Eco packaging creative suite, I freaked I wanted the huge box Johhny L was seen sitting next to. For over 2k cost I wanted to see something big – perhaps you could build a template for us to make a cloud shaped product box ;-)
    I know change is always painful but beyond the resistance (and the odd Luddite) the value is there, atleast for me. I tried it, it worked, if people go elsewhere good luck, while they are fighting with GIMP I’ll be taking their business .

• John lehet — 2:51 AM on June 04, 2013

It’s not “the odd luddite.” Instead, look at almost any forum or online poll where this comes up. This is the majority opinion. We are not “luddites” but rather users. Issues such as cost and trust are not related to resisting the cutting edge. We would prefer to embrace cool new technology, as owners of licenses we know we can afford.

• Mathias — 5:16 AM on June 04, 2013

I wish you include an external link to videos in your post

Watching them in your little window is somewhat frustrating
    And I don’t want full screen

• Web designing — 5:31 AM on June 10, 2013

It’s quite difficult to see watching in this little window. I think you should add an external link to this video.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)