June 21, 2013
Spot removal shortcuts for Camera Raw in Photoshop CC
Here’s a handy list from Julieanne Kost covering the new Spot Removal Tool (B) inside Camera Raw 8 (part of Photoshop CC):
Tap the “V” key to toggle the visibility of the spot overlays.
- Shift-drag constrains the brush spot to a horizontal or vertical stroke.
- Shift-click connects the selected spot with the new spot via a straight brush stroke.
- Cmd/Ctrl-drag will create a circle spot and allow you to drag to define the source.
- Tap the Forward Slash key (/) to select new source for existing circle or brush spot.
- Press Delete to delete a selected spot.
- Opt-/Alt-click on a spot to delete it (the cursor will change to a pair of scissors).
- Opt-/Alt-click in the image area over multiple spots to batch-delete (the icon changes to a marquee while dragging.
- Tap the “Y” key to toggle on/off Visualize spots. Note – this is also available as a checkbox and slider in Toolbar.