July 15, 2013
Stay frosty, Star Wars
- Vesa Lehtimäki makes terrific images of Legos on Hoth. On Flickr he shares some of his techniques (e.g. creating snow by using ground plaster of Paris flakes underwater).
- Adobe’s own Christian Cantrell makes tons of fun Lego Star Wars portraits (e.g. the pet AT-AT below).
- Elsewhere on Wired Spencer Ackerman breaks down what Kottke calls “The hubris and folly of Darth Vader at Hoth.” (Pro tip: “Don’t place unaccountable religious fanatics in wartime command, and never underestimate a hegemonic power’s ability to miscalculate against an insurgency.”)
- On Quora someone dares to ask, “Did the Rebel Alliance really blow up the Death Star, or was it all planned by Vader and the Emperor to drum up support for their war against the terrorists?”
- And this… I don’t even know what to say about this. But I want to drive it, immediately.