September 18, 2013

Lightroom, Camera Raw get new features, camera support

Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2 (for use in Photoshop CS6 & CC) are now available for download. Each includes a number of feature improvements & bug fixes (please see the respective posts for details) as well as new lens profiles & support for the following cameras:

• Canon EOS 70D
  • Pentax K-500
  • Sony DSC-RX100 II
  • Sony A3000 (ILCE-3000)
  • Sony NEX-5T

* denotes preliminary support

Posted by John Nack at 12:33 AM on September 18, 2013

Comments

• Marco — 5:01 AM on September 18, 2013

LR 5.0 shows up as up-to-date in Creative Cloud Desktop App.
    Photoshop CC and Bridge CC did say they needed to be updated.
    Do I have to install LR 5.2 manually?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 9:33 AM on September 18, 2013

Try quitting and restarting the Creative Cloud app. If it doesn’t show up, launch Lightroom and choose Help>Updates…

• Marco — 10:30 AM on September 18, 2013

I’ve tried quitting and restarting a couple of times. No luck.
        I now just shut down the computer and restarted after a while. Still nothing in the app.

I did get a message when I started LR that there is a new version.

I installed Premiere Pro CS6 this afternoon, and the app tells me that this needs an update.

I guess I have to install it manually then.
        I expected that LR would also be updated like the rest.

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 11:00 AM on September 19, 2013

Hi Marco, Lightroom uses a different installer tech than the other CC apps. Hopefully it’s something we can resolve in the future to make it more seamless.

• Oleksandr — 8:45 AM on September 18, 2013

They still didn’t fix the published photos bug. The selection of published photo is not getting synced with the selection in film strip on the bottom. So when you double click the published photo LR brings up the photo selected in the film strip.

• Marco — 11:11 AM on September 19, 2013

Thank you, Jeffrey.

So we have to install it manually?
    And it will not replace LR 5.0 but will be installed next to it?

Do you know if Muse also has this issue?
    Because starting Muse caused it to pop up a warning that a new version was available, although the Creative Cloud app told me Muse was up-to-date…

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)