October 23, 2013
Feedback, please: Making magic with video
If my career is doing society any good at all, it’s probably in democratizing access to magic—that is, helping more people get tools to express themselves beautifully & effectively.
Now that I work in Adobe’s video group, I’m thinking hard about what kinds of awesomeness we could bring to the world. Think “high-end effects for the rest of us.”
What do you want to do with video? What would get you excited, make you want to create & share more, help you blow your friends’ minds?
For example, I wish I could…
- instantly render any combination of effects
- motion-track any object with a couple of clicks, then do X
- create incredible animated titles
- shoot tons of clips, then find the interesting parts fast
- apply gorgeous color looks
- automatically match color across a range of shots
- go JJ Abrams-crazy with lens flares (well, maybe not that much)
- insert myself into a music video
…and on & on. Yes, things like this can all be done in high-end tools, but I want to make it drop-dead easy for anyone to do, on any device.
What sounds good to you? Dream big & we’ll dream with you.