October 02, 2013

Free Lightroom 5 Quick Start Guide available for download

“Lightroom Queen” Victoria Bampton has created a free 76-page PDF guide to using Lightroom 5. She writes,

There’s no catch – it’s absolutely free and you don’t even have to sign up for my mailing list (although you can if you want to). I meet a lot of people on the forums who have ended up in a tangle because they’ve misunderstood the basics, and much as I’d like to meet you, I’d prefer it’s not because you’ve accidentally deleted all of your photos!

Posted by John Nack at 8:13 AM on October 02, 2013

Comments

• gregorylent — 8:34 AM on October 02, 2013

cool deal … thanks for your efforts

• Victoria Bampton — 11:13 AM on October 02, 2013

Thanks for spreading the word John!

[You bet; thanks for your great support of the community, Victoria! --J.]

• maralatho — 4:34 AM on October 04, 2013

Victoria’s awesome, but let me understand: the “quick start” is seventy-five pages long? I think that’s longer than the entire Lightroom 1.o user guide.

• Victoria Bampton — 11:05 PM on October 04, 2013

LOL maralatho. Funny you should mention it – it’s the same length as the original 1.0 Getting Started Guide. I only know because I read it before I started on this project. It covers basically the same topics. In LR1 days, that was almost everything Lightroom could do, but these days it barely scratches the surface.

• maralatho — 2:56 AM on October 05, 2013

I guess that’s what I’m thinking of — the Getting Started Guide — although I’ll be damned if I can remember Lightroom coming with any other manuals. At 44, my memory is failing faster than my eyesight.

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 9:43 AM on October 10, 2013

While it’s true we don’t include a printed manual in the box, you can download a PDF of it. I have the user guide/manual linked along with a bunch of other free content from Adobe on my blog here: http://adobe.ly/iczlLh

• maralatho — 10:51 AM on October 10, 2013

Thanks for the link, Jeffrey!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)