October 30, 2013

“We think it’s the best plug-in ever made for Illustrator”

Brave talk, but given Astute Graphics’ impressive track record, maybe it’s not so crazy. Check out their new VectorScribe 2, available for download as a public beta. The tools for making smart rounded corners & extending paths look especially promising to me.

[YouTube] [Via]

Posted by John Nack at 2:15 PM on October 30, 2013

Comments

• michael jahn — 2:46 PM on October 30, 2013

Yup. Smart rounded corners & extending paths trump dumb rounded corners & Shortened paths everytime.

• Ben Hansen — 2:46 PM on October 30, 2013

that’s pretty sweet

• Rich Morey — 2:57 PM on October 30, 2013

I think you mean “Brave talk, BUT given”, not “BUG given”

[Well, they *did* have some recent troubles on Mavericks, but those seem to have been fixed. :-) Thanks; typo eliminated. –J.]

• RHernandez — 8:51 PM on October 30, 2013

I just don’t get why stuff like this has never been integrated into AI to begin with? Even PowerPoint has simple rounded rectangle editing…

[I know, I know… Don’t think I don’t rant a lot behind closed doors. As I’m fond of saying, “I swear because I care.” –J.]

• Steve Laskevitch — 2:30 PM on November 01, 2013

I’m now hoping for a headline that reads:

“Adobe buys Astute Graphics: Integrates VectorScribe into Illustrator”

• Allen Cobb — 5:51 PM on November 03, 2013

All the other Astute plugins for Illustrator are of comparable coolness. They’ve done an amazing job coming up with great ideas, solid implementations, and thorough integration into Illy itself. I use all of them, and give each one an A+. If nothing else, check out the feature-by-feature instructional videos. They’re fascinating and crystal clear.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)