January 15, 2014
Linked Smart Objects, Smart rectangles in AI, and more are here!
I’m delighted to report that big new updates for Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign CC have arrived. To get them, check the Creative Cloud app (Mac menu bar, Windows task tray) If they’re not yet showing up, try this.
Two of the features I’ve wanted & heard designers request the most for years—linked Smart Objects in Photoshop & smart rounded rectangles in Illustrator—are finally here. Check out some of the highlights:
New in Photoshop CC
- Perspective Warp lets you change the perspective of image content for dramatic effect or to aid in photo-compositing.
- Linked Smart Objects make it possible for multiple designers to collaborate on a Photoshop project, saving time and reducing errors.
- New 3D printing features enable you to print 3D objects or send to a 3D service bureau for output.
New in Illustrator CC
- Create perfect, editable rounded corners with the new Live Corners controls.
- Draw more intuitively with the rebuilt Pencil Tool, and use the Path Segment Reshape feature to quickly modify existing objects.
- Change the view of perspective drawings, and export responsive SVG code and graphics that resize when viewed on multiple screens.
New in InDesign CC
- Support for the EPUB 3.0 specification provides new ways to add interactivity to eBooks.
- Enhancements to hyperlink creation and editing speed up the creation of EPUBs, PDFs, and iPad apps.
- Pop-up footnotes streamline the EPUB reading experience, and support for Japanese, Hebrew and Arabic text allows you to reach new audiences.
InDesign CC and Illustrator CC integration with Typekit desktop fonts
- Adobe Creative Cloud includes a new way to access and implement fonts in your creative work—Typekit desktop fonts. You can now use fonts across your applications and keep your design vision consistent across projects by syncing fonts to your desktop and using them locally in any application.
- This latest release of InDesign CC and Illustrator CC will include tighter integration with the Typekit service.
- Offers a convenient new way to browse for fonts during the design process,
- Quickly obtain a missing font when working with a collaborator. (InDesign CC only)