Who out there cares about integrating Flex, LiveCycle Data Services (LCDS), and Single sign-on (SSO)?
This topic has been coming up a lot lately, so I’m reaching out to learn what interest others have in this area.
Adobe Professional Services provided a Flex/LCDS/SSO integration solution for two different clients over the past few months. The two clients had several things in common:
• Both have an existing SSO infrastructure in place.
• Both wanted to adopt Flex and LCDS, but were unsure about how to integrate the Adobe technologies into their existing security infrastructure.
• Both ultimately got a viable solution.
The clients are also different in some important ways:
• One uses SiteMinder, the other uses Oracle Access Manager (formerly known as Oblix).
• For one client we had to integrate with SSO “as is”; configuring SSO to be “LCDS-aware” was not an option.
• For the other, SSO was configured to provide special handling for LCDS.
I am in the process of writing up a white paper on what we learned. That was part of the impetus for starting this blog. If anyone out there is grappling with issues related to Flex/LCDS/SSO integration this would be a good time to hear about them. Please weigh in.
In any case, watch this space for more on SSO. I’ll post again when the white paper becomes available on Devnet. If there’s interest I may put a draft out for review before publication.