I’ve posted a version of the tutorial on using Pixel Bender to animate a particle system that I did at Adobe MAX last year on the Pixel Bender section of the Adobe Developer Network. Take a look and let me know if there are more things around this that you would be interested in.
This is a really exciting opportunity to build something brand new! here is more info about the gig:
Computer Scientist, Quality Engineering – Mobile Photography Products
A brand new product team in the Professional Digital Imaging group is looking for experienced white box quality engineers with a passion for Photography to help us create an entirely new product family as part of one of the world’s most recognized brand names. Do you have good coding skills and a commitment to the art and science of producing quality products? If you enjoy working with advanced technologies, aren’t intimidated by aggressive goals, and have a proven commitment to delivering great software, this may be the role for you.
* Ability to work in an agile development environment.
* Interest in developing test tools and infrastructure for new coding models and languages.
* Work closely with developers on the design and specification of features.
* Code and develop comprehensive test media that will test and emulate scenarios for existing and new API’s.
* Create and run automation.
* Perform hands on testing of daily builds on actual devices.
* Critically think about how consumers will interact with the software being tested and turn those thoughts into bugs, action items, and avenues of discussion.
* Work extremely well with others by both leading and following depending on the circumstance.
* Continually research new mobile technologies and incorporate that new knowledge into your ongoing QA process.
* Accurately file and verify comprehensive bug reports.
* Minimum of five years software Quality Engineering experience.
* Proficiency writing code and developing test automation.
* Passion for mobile devices and other gadgets.
* Passion for photography.
* Ability to achieve results with little supervision or direction.
* Flexibility to move between tasks.
* Ability to avoid distractions and deliver against deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* BS or MS Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Professional on the job experience using C++, Objective C, Java, or Lua.
* Experience testing on Mobile Operating Systems.
[Updated 3/15/2010 to include direct links to the job postings]
Frequent contributor to the Pixel Bender forums, Royi Avital, has released a new set of After Effects and Photoshop plug-ins written with Pixel Bender under the name Flixel Plugins. The first three are now available on aescripts.com
After many happy and productive years working on Pixel Bender and the Adobe Image Foundation, I’ve decided to take on some new challenges. I’m still at Adobe, but I’m now building a new team and launching a brand new product in the Photoshop family. I can’t say too much yet, but I will have news soon. I’ll still be posting about Pixel Bender stuff here (I’m still a very enthusiastic user!), but for the newest news, you should now also watch the official Pixel Bender blog.