by Kevin Goldsmith
I’ve just posted two new job openings to the Adobe jobs website.
This is a really exciting opportunity to build something brand new! here is more info about the gig:
Computer Scientist, Quality Engineering – Mobile Photography Products
A brand new product team in the Professional Digital Imaging group is looking for experienced white box quality engineers with a passion for Photography to help us create an entirely new product family as part of one of the world’s most recognized brand names. Do you have good coding skills and a commitment to the art and science of producing quality products? If you enjoy working with advanced technologies, aren’t intimidated by aggressive goals, and have a proven commitment to delivering great software, this may be the role for you.
* Ability to work in an agile development environment.
* Interest in developing test tools and infrastructure for new coding models and languages.
* Work closely with developers on the design and specification of features.
* Code and develop comprehensive test media that will test and emulate scenarios for existing and new API’s.
* Create and run automation.
* Perform hands on testing of daily builds on actual devices.
* Critically think about how consumers will interact with the software being tested and turn those thoughts into bugs, action items, and avenues of discussion.
* Work extremely well with others by both leading and following depending on the circumstance.
* Continually research new mobile technologies and incorporate that new knowledge into your ongoing QA process.
* Accurately file and verify comprehensive bug reports.
* Minimum of five years software Quality Engineering experience.
* Proficiency writing code and developing test automation.
* Passion for mobile devices and other gadgets.
* Passion for photography.
* Ability to achieve results with little supervision or direction.
* Flexibility to move between tasks.
* Ability to avoid distractions and deliver against deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* BS or MS Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Professional on the job experience using C++, Objective C, Java, or Lua.
* Experience testing on Mobile Operating Systems.
[Updated 3/15/2010 to include direct links to the job postings]