Ever need to install a previous version of an Adobe Creative Cloud application? There is sometimes a need to do just this, and for a number of reasons. There might be a conflict in third party hardware, for example. Whatever your reason might be, this blog post aims to show you how to roll back to any Creative Cloud application you have installed on your computer.
Updates: CC 2015
- Adobe Care blog for reinstalling Creative Cloud 2015 applications
- Blog: installing previous versions of Creative Cloud applications
- Click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS), to open the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.
- In the Find Additional Apps section, choose Previous Versions > View Previous Versions.
- Scroll to the app you want to download and click the Install button. Choose an available version to install.
- Find the application you wish to revert to in the list, click on the Install menu button, and choose the application you wish to revert to.
- The former version of the application is now installed.
Update: CC 2015 applications uninstall CC 2014 applications
By default, when you install a new Creative Cloud 2015 app it will remove the previous versions of the app on your computer. If you want to keep your previous versions installed, click Advanced Options and deselect the Remove old versions checkbox in the update confirmation dialog box. For more info, see this blog post from the After Effects team.
Update: Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) – Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.2)
If you are a Premiere Pro user and need to revert to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) or Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.2), there is no download available for this version on the Adobe website. For now, download updates on the following pages on the prodesigntools website:
Be sure to read the instructions on the prodesigntools website before installing.
Update: Premiere Pro CC 2014.0.1 (8.0.1) – Premiere Pro CC 2014.1 (8.1)
If you are a Premiere Pro user and need to revert to Premiere Pro CC 2014.0.1 (8.0.1) or Premiere Pro CC 2014.1 (8.1), there is no download available for this version on the Adobe website. For now, download updates on the following pages on the prodesigntools website:
Note: if the exact version of the application you want is not available when inspecting the Install menu button, you may have to download the major release version, then update the application to the version you need. For example, if you wanted to download After Effects CS6 (11.0.4), you must first download After Effects CS6 (11.0) and then update that application to After Effects CS6 (11.0.4). For links to application updates, see this web page.
I hope this blog answers your questions about how to roll back or revert to an earlier version of any Creative Cloud application.