Ever need to install a previous version of an Adobe Creative Cloud application? There is sometimes a need to do just this, and for a number of reasons. There might be a conflict in third party hardware, for example. Whatever your reason might be, this blog post aims to show you how to roll back to any Creative Cloud application you have installed on your computer. Here’s how:
- In the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the Apps tab.
- Scroll down to the Find New Apps section (bottom section).
- In the Find New Apps header bar, click on the Filters & Versions menu.
- Choose Previous Versions.
- Find the application you wish to revert to in the list, click on the Install menu button, and choose the application you wish to revert to.
- The former version of the application is now installed.
Note: if the exact version of the application you want is not available when inspecting the Install menu button, you must first download the major release version, then update the application to the version you need. For example, if you wanted to download After Effects CS6 (11.0.4), you must first download After Effects CS6 (11.0) and then update that application to After Effects CS6 (11.0.4). For links to application updates, see this web page.
Update: Premiere Pro CC 2014.0.1 (8.0.1)
If you are a Premiere Pro user and need to revert to Premiere Pro CC 2014.0.1 (8.0.1), there is not yet a download available for this version on the Adobe website. For now, download updates on the following pages on the prodesigntools website:
Be sure to read the instructions on the prodesigntools website before installing.
I hope this blog answers your questions about how to roll back or revert to an earlier version of any Creative Cloud application.