After Effects CS5 to be unveiled April 12th

I’m very excited to announce that After Effects CS5 will be unveiled on April 12th, 2010. If you’re going to be at the 2010 NAB trade show, stop by the Adobe booth to get up close and personal with CS5.

You probably already know that After Effects will be a fully native 64-bit application on Mac OS and Windows. But we have some other amazing features in After Effects. In fact, CS5 includes one of my favorite After Effects features to come along in its 20-year history. (Seriously — I would have killed to have this when I was making a living in post-production.)

That’s all I can say for now. The other Creative Suite applications will also be unveiled on the same day, so be sure to check in to see all the good stuff coming your way soon.

You can sign up for the CS5 launch event and watch this space for news. You can also follow #cs5 and #aftereffects on twitter for the latest news.

13 Responses to After Effects CS5 to be unveiled April 12th

1. Anonymous says:

Stability. It’s all I ask.

2. Michael Coleman says:

Our main stability issues used to occur in low-memory situations, especially with HD and higher resolution comps with lots of layers. The native 64-bit improvements in CS5 make a big difference in these cases, so yes, stability and performance are improved. I’m preparing another post with more details on the new performance specs. It’s good news. Stay tuned.

3. Curtis H. says:

Look forward to the performance specs and news about the new features. As someone who makes a living not only in post production but almost exclusively with after effects I have been both excited and nervous about this new release. Your new post brightens my day.

4. Jason says:

64bit is a great improvement. I hope snapping is improved!

5. Rich says:

Just wondering when this will start shipping to U.S markets?

6. Michael Coleman says:

We haven’t announced a ship date, but the goal to have it hit the streets fairly soon after it’s unveiled.

7. John says:

If this version doesn’t have a node interface, then possible CS6 will have it? I am excited for the new AE but navigation is a big thing in vfx world. Lets please have nodes and full 3D in the future of AE.Keep up the good work 😀

8. Anna Sher says:

After Effects is just what I need! Would you suggest waiting for the cs5 version, or should I get my hands on the cs4 after effects and get some hands on before the new one is out?

9. DWalla says:

Seriously… stability and the crappy memory issues…. I’ve been begging for this for years.

10. DWalla says:

OK… the burning issue, besides stability and the memory issues, that is burning on every motionographer’s mind……Will plugins be backwards compatible? Please tell me I can actually use CS5 the day it is released, and not have to wait months for all my 3rd party plugs to become compatible.

11. Kert Gartner says:

10 bucks says the killer feature is content aware resize for video. Saw that at Siggraph last year, and it only makes sense, since it’s a tweaked algorithm from the content aware resize in Photoshop. Should be pretty cool!

12. BOB says:

I personally think its not a smart move to release AE CS5 only for 64 bits on windows 7.Oh well sticking to cs-4 it is.

13. Obviously this is your call. When you want the performance advantages of After Effects CS5 it will be ready for you. 64-bit isn’t the only exiting thing in After Effects CS5, though. There’s other killer features.