If your earlier installation of LiveCycle and your new installation of ADEP, Document Services are not on the same computer, you might want to import Java SDK, installation files, watched folder contents, temporary directory and LiveCycle MySQL data into your new installation of ADEP, Document Services.
Execute the scripts given below to Migrate LiveCycle MySQL Data to ADEP, Document Services. Perform these steps before you run the Configuration Manager. These steps are applicable only for the Turnkey installations of LiveCycle and ADEP, Document Services.
- To export LiveCycle MySQL database, use the mysqldump program located in the [LiveCycle Installation Directory]\MySQL folder. For example:
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\mysql\bin>mysqldump -q -e --single-transaction -ppassword -u adobe -r "C:\mysqlbackup\adobe.sql" -B adobe --port=3306 --host=localhostNote: Before you run above command, Ensure that directory mysqlbackup is already available on the LiveCycle machine.
- To import the LiveCycle MySQL database to ADEP, Document services, copy the adobe.sql created above to the ADEP, Document Services system. Then use the mysql program located in the [ADEP, Document Services Installation Directory]\MySQL folder. For example:
C:\Adobe\ADEP\Document Services 10.0\mysql\bin>mysql -padobe -u adobe --port=1138 -e "source C:\mysqlbackup\adobe.sql"Note: Before you run above command, Ensure that directory mysqlbackup is already available on the ADEP, Document Services machine.
- Backup all the files and directories associated with the previous deployment of LiveCycle, including the Java SDK, installation files, watched folder contents, temporary directory, and so on. The following LiveCycle data must be included in your back up:
- Content Storage Root directory: If you have Adobe LiveCycle Content Services (deprecated) deployed on your current system, back up the content storage root directory. This directory can reside either locally or on a shared network drive. Default location of the Content Storage Root directory is [LiveCycle Root]/lccs_data
- GDS directory: This directory can reside either locally or on a shared network drive. Default location of the GDS directory is [JBoss root]/server/<profile_name>/svcnative/DocumentStorage.
- Customer installed fonts: If you installed additional fonts on your LiveCycle ES Update 1 or LiveCycle ES2 environment, back them up separately.
- LiveCycle EAR files: The EAR files are required to restore your system if you encounter upgrade issues.
- Database: Use the database backup utility to backup your data. (For turnkey installations, follow Step 1 and 2 in this article)
- LiveCycle fonts: Back up all Adobe font directories that are specified in Configuration Manager (in Administration Console, go to Settings > Core System > Configurations). Ensure that you back up the entire directory.
- Watched folders: Backup the watched folders.
- To restore, replace the files and folders in the [ADEP, Document Services Installation Directory] with the files and folders from the backup created in the above step.