by Daniel T

Created

October 25, 2006

This evening we released yet another new technology on Adobe Labs. A sound editing tool at heart, Adobe Soundbooth provides video editors, designers, and others who do not specialize in audio with the tools that they need to accomplish their everyday work. View the Introducing Adobe Soundbooth getting started guide for more information and download Soundbooth.

COMMENTS

• By Terry Donohue - 4:26 AM on October 26, 2006

• By Ronald van Doorn - 7:33 AM on October 30, 2006

What about adobe Audition? is this a new program next to audition or is it a replacement?

• By Enybody - 12:47 PM on October 30, 2006

Interesting

• By Daniel Taborga - 1:17 PM on October 30, 2006

Hi Ronald,
    Soundbooth is a new, unique product. Audition is not going anywhere! Please see the Soundbooth FAQ for more info (you may need to scroll down).

• By Daniel Taborga - 1:19 PM on October 30, 2006

Hi Terry,
    Please subscribe to the Labs RSS feed using an appropriate RSS reader. Please see http://labs.adobe.com/rss_feeds/ for more information.

• By Steven Bland - 6:26 PM on December 8, 2006

Thanks for tossing the builds out there! I am sure it is going to bring great value in the final release.
    I am looking forward to seeing more . . . in fact I wonder how much I am not seeing, because the FAQ says “Soundbooth will not install on 64-bit versions of Windows.” Well, I dont remember any problems during install and am running it on XP64bit and getting some functionality out of it. Will XPx64 be one supported? Are the CS Suite developers compiling 64bit executables? (embedded question intended)
    I was able to use Cleanup Audio -> Clicks & Pops. The interface window for the 3 cleanup audio windows is not intuitive for me. I make a selection on the graph, adjust the sliders, then click PREVIEW. I hear the sound loop once and the PREVIEW button has turned into a STOP button. I assume the audio should be repeating until I press stop. I press STOP and PREVIEW repeatedly to hear the result. There is a green ON symbol button in the bottom left. I think this is for preview with/without the cleanup effect. Please clarify.
    Wouild be nice if the red audio frequency analyser graph would update reflecting the modifications as they are being made.
    I have not figured out how to scrub the audio the way I do in premiere with a jog wheel . . . I think you call it “rock the reels”.
    I am sure all will be tightly integrated later, but for now had to export from Premiere and import into SoundBooth manually.
    Approximately how often do you expect to post beta releases?
    Thanks again and have fun developing!
    Steve Bland

• By Steven Bland - 6:43 PM on December 8, 2006

Adendum:
    Love the Level rampup/rampdown interface . . fast & intuitive.
    Effects seem to work well. It is obvious that the lime green on button is turning on the Effect. In the Effects section, the audio loops continuous, so looping must be broke in Cleanup Audio.
    Remove a Sound -> Auto Heal did an incredible job of cleaning up a mic pop I had!!! This is awesome and Powerful!!
    Steve

• By Daniel Taborga - 2:39 PM on December 10, 2006

Hi Steven,
    Thank you very much for the feedback! The Soundbooth team would love to see what you have to say so please head on over to the discussion forum so you can share your feedback with other users and the engineering team.