In case you missed it, Adobe released a brand new version of Director last night at the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco. The official press release can be found here, or you can review the product page to read up on what’s new in this release.
From the product page, here’s a quick list of top features:
- Support for more than 40 video, audio, and image file formats
- Native 3D rendering with DirectX 9 support
- Advanced physics with the included AGEIA™ PhysX™ engine
- Support for Adobe Flash CS3 Professional software and video created with Flash
- Unicode support, including multimode publishing
- Enhanced text rendering engine
- Enhanced user interface
- Bitmap filters
- Xtra plug-ins
The ones I’m most excited about are the support for Flash CS3 and the new AGEIA PhysX engine. Check out the AGEIA site for more info on the PhysX engine.