The Lightroom 1.1 update has been posted. The update links are below as well as the top reasons to update to Lightroom 1.1.
- Improved multiple computer workflow with catalog import/export functionality
- Improved noise reduction and sharpening
- Vista Support
- Additional Camera Support (Canon 1D Mk III, Phase One medium format backs and more)
- I recommend backing up your 1.0 library file(now catalog) before upgrading.
- The Lightroom 1.1 Readme File contains a more detailed list of new features and notes. (Does anyone ever reads these?)
- For those that tried the Lightroom 1.0 trial and did not purchase Lightroom, the 1.1 update resets the clock and provides another opportunity.
- This update will automatically replace your Lightroom 1.0 application (No need to uninstall)
- As with Lightroom 1.0, feedback on Lightroom 1.1 is always appreciated. Post your comments on the Lightroom user to user forums or submit feature requests through Adobe.com’s request form. I read every submission.
- Not sure if Lightroom is running fast enough for you? Try the Optimze option in the catalog-specific preferences. (See what great information is already provided in the unread ReadMe?)
More information and external resources:
- Stay tuned for updates from Lightroom-News.
- Sean McCormack posted some very nice articles on his Lightroom blog
- Richard Earney has prepared an excellent version 3 of his Lightroom Develop presets on www.inside-lightroom.com
- Victoria Bampton has posted her own list of "What’s New"
- Jeffrey Friedl has a summary of the Lightroom udpate as well as an ingenious tool for customizing your metadata panel called Jeffrey’s Lightroom Metadata-Viewer Preset Builder
Please let me know if I’ve missed any resources that you find valuable.