The Lightroom 1.3 release addresses many Leopard OS X 10.5 issues but a few outstanding problems remain or have been discovered.
- Time Machine compatibility still remains unclear at this time. Running Time Machine backup or restore operations while Lightroom is in use is not recommended until more information can be obtained. Interim solutions:
- Have Time Machine exclude the directories where Lightroom catalogs are stored and use Lightroom to backup the catalog files
- Run Time Machine when Lightroom is not running.
- There is a bug in the Lightroom 1.3 Print Module that can cause the application to crash on either OS X 10.5 or 10.5.1. Minimizing the template preview in the upper left corner can help reduce the frequency of this issue.
- The Finder in Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.5.1 can crash when viewing files that contain Lightroom XMP Snapshot data created in the develop module. This is an error in how the Finder reads metadata and will require an operating system update to solve. (I believe that this occurs more frequently with JPEG or TIFF files)
- Importing directly from a card may not copy all of the image files or may fail. Please copy the images to a local drive using the Finder first if you experience problems.
We will provide an update to address the print module issue but have not set a release date for that update.