Lightroom 2.7 and Camera Raw 5.7 Now Available

Lightroom 2.7 and Camera Raw 5.7 are now available as final releases on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2. These updates include camera support for the following models:

• Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
  • Kodak Z981
  • Leaf Aptus-II 8
  • Leaf Aptus-II 10R
  • Mamiya DM40
  • Olympus E-PL1
  • Panasonic G2
  • Panasonic G10
  • Sony A450

Release Notes:

• Camera Raw 5.7 includes an updated demosaic algorithm
    designed to provide compatibility with settings applied in Lightroom 3 beta 2.
  • Lightroom 2.7 also includes the same updated demosaic algorithm. The updated demosaic algorithm will appear as a subtle shift in noise characteristics at default values.
  • By default Camera Raw will display the image adjustments
    exactly as performed in the Lightroom 3 beta 2 develop module.  However, at this time Camera Raw 5.7 is
    unable to support further adjustments to the following settings or tools:
    • Highlight Priority and Color Priority post-crop vignette
    • Enhanced Luminance and Color Noise Reduction
    • Grain effects
    • Process Version

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on our Camera Raw 5.7 and Lightroom 2.7 Release Candidates.

12 Responses to Lightroom 2.7 and Camera Raw 5.7 Now Available

1. Denis de Gannes says:

Please clarify the note above.When you say “Lightroom 2.7 also includes the same updated demosaic algorithm”.Does this mean that both ACR 5.7 and LR 2.7 apply the settings from Lightroom 3 beta 2 in the same manner?

2. mfbernstein says:

Still no support for the Olympus E-600.Given that the files are identical to those from the E-620, with the exception of the EXIF tag, it really shouldn’t be that difficult to fix this. The camera has been out 7 months now too, a good bit longer than most on the ‘newly supported’ list.

3. RON says:

Tom,got a question regarding camera raw in LR2 and PScs4.under camera profiles I don’t see ACR 5.7, I only have ACR 3.? and ACR 4.4 and the camera beta 2 profiles. Shouldn’t there be the other ACR profiles?How and where do I get them to show up if so?Ron

4. Joe Colson says:

Ron,It is my understanding that the camera profiles that are displayed in LR2 and CS4 are those that are the most recent for your camera. For the camera(s) you use, ACR 3.? and ACR 4.4 must be the most recent versions that had changes that were specific to them. If you used a Panasonic G10, for example, then you’d see ACR 5.7, since that’s the first version of ACR to support that camera. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.Joe Colson

5. Marcin Stefanowski says:

I means LR 2.6.1 and 2.7, not the 4.x I was write before. My fault.

6. dating says:

I means LR 2.6.1 and 2.7, not the 4.x I was write before. My fault.

7. John H Maw says:

Hi. I love the idea of making your own profiles in Camera RAW. One area where ACR is finally recovering some ground on DXO (which I use in preference at the moment). I have tried the Lightroom Beta conversion and it is a big improvement, but a couple of areas where is seems to lag behind is in chromatic aberration correction and of course the difference between ACRs clarity and DXOs local contrast (no horrible fringing in DXO). Will ACR one day sort out the colour fringing automatically? DXO just makes it a thing of the past.

8. Roger May says:

Every time I try to download Lightroom update 2.7. the page freezes. What can I do?

9. Ross Dodds says:

Can’t find the answer to this in any Kelby book. I have Elements 6 and Lightroom 2 installed on the same computer. When I try to import photos into lightroom the automatically load into Elements.

10. Marcin Stefanowski says:

Hi. I wonder that you try Lightroom 2.7 and look at its new (from beta 3 version) sharpening demosaic algorithm. I found that my photos from 20D look more ugly because of too much agressive sharpening methods on default settings. I take my picture processing in version 2.6.1 and 2.7 and there is to much noise because of too much sharpnes in 2.7 version on the same settings. Before 2.7 my pictures looks great but now I will have to change settings for my all picutres or Adobe will do something with it. I switch back to 2.6.1. And another one about processing – with the same export setting my jpeg size is 3.9MB in LR 2.6.1 and 5MB on LR 2.7. Do you have tha same?

11. maywind says:

Hi,when editing photos taken with my Canon EOS 7D, LR 2.7 does not offer me the possibility to choose an ACR profile (only the Adobe Standard and the Camera profiles are available). Does this mean that the current ACR does not yet support the 7D?CheersMaayan

12. René Damkot says:

Marcin:The sharpening didn’t get more “aggressive”, the detail got better. Lower your sharpening settings (in particular “detail”), and you’ll end up with better files from LR3 then from LR 2The bigger jpg files are caused because there is more detail in the images (moise also qualifies as detail!)More noise = more info = less compression = bigger jpg.maywind: There was no 7D support in ACR 4.x With the introduction of ACR 5.something (I think), Adobe stopped calling the profiles ACR x.x and instead calls them “Adobe Standard”. It’s just a name. The 7D is supported.