Camera Raw 6.1 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs

Camera Raw 6.1 isnow available on Adobe Labs.(Camera Raw 6.1) The release includes camera support for the following models:

• Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
  • Kodak Z981
  • Leaf Aptus-II 8
  • Leaf Aptus-II 10R
  • Mamiya DM40
  • Olympus E-PL1
  • Olympus E-600
  • Panasonic G2
  • Panasonic G10
  • Sony A450

Release Notes

• Camera Raw 6.1 includes new lens correction functionality that can apply profile-based corrections to accommodate geometric distortions, chromatic aberration and lens vignette effects. Manual corrections for geometric distortion as well as vertical and horizontal perspective transforms are also available. A handful of lens profiles are included for automatic correction and more can be created by the community with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/)
  • This release addresses a bug on the Mac platform that could cause Photoshop CS5 to quit unexpectedly when opening a file in the Camera Raw 6.0 plug-in.
  • This release contains performance enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness of the controls and the scrolling mechanism relative to Camera Raw 6.0.
  • The camera support provided in this release was previously provided in the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in update with the exception of the Olympus E-600 which is new to this update. Please read the following blog post for an explanation of why redundant support has been released.
  • Please provide feedback on the Camera Raw plug-in on the User to User forums

8 Responses to Camera Raw 6.1 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs

1. Vlad says:

Can ACR 6.1 RC be used with Lightroom 3B2?

2. JW Stephenson says:

Based on comments from the LR3 forum, the new ACR 6.1 will not work with LR3b2. It will work with the final LR3 release which hopefully will be very soon.

3. RON says:

I would like to see Lightroom have color management just as photoshop and illustrator would have the same color settings (ctl K) for example. If all the rest of the adobe apps share the same color settings, it would be a great thing to include lightroom into the loop as well. I find that although my images look one way in lightroom they look different in photoshop, but they print as i see them in photoshop. Can we add this to the wish list for the final release please?Ron

4. Mike says:

Photoshop CS5 is not showing the Canon 7D when doing lens correction. It shows the 50D, 5D but not the 7D. When will the 7D be added to the lens correction app?

5. Ron says:

I’m desparate here: For the life of me, I can’t seem to get these Adobe Lightroom profiles to work. I shoot with a Pentax K-7 and when I choose camera calibration for PEF/RAW/DNG the only 2 choices I get are Adobe Standard or Camera Standard…Is that installed correctly? Should it say Pentax K-7 in the pulldown? Is Adobe Standard the one that chooses the cameras settings or is it camera? (If it is camera should it say my camera’s actual name or just this generic CAMERA standard ->what if I have two cameras?)Somebody please help me. Otherwise I may have to get a different PP software. Sorry Noob here. Please help.

6. Russ Jones says:

It’s my understanding that the “Camera” options always refer to the camera that took the picture, as identified in the EXIF data. Some cameras have multiple interpretive settings, such as Portrait or Vibrant. In such a case, more Camera options will show up in your list. So I think you already have it working correctly.

7. Graham R says:

Mike,It’s far less important that the camera body be in the correction drop down then the lens you are using.For me i shoot with a D300s, and it’s not there, but the corrections in 6.1 work lovely with my Sigma 10-20 lens.Just pick your lens and you will be rocking and rolling :D(not having the camera in the list just means “auto” won’t work)Graham

8. Chris says:

I am also looking for lens correction files for the Canon 7D. The camera has been out and in use now for 7 months, I would have hoped for these files by now.