Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 Available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final releases of Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 may have additional corrections or camera support.

This release also introduces the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.  The Lens Profile Downloader is a free companion application to Photoshop CS5, Photoshop Lightroom 3, and the Camera Raw 6 plug-in. It allows customers to search, download, rate and comment on the online lens correction profiles that are created and shared by the user community

New Camera Support in Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 Release Candidates

Nikon Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Canon Canon PowerShot G11
Canon Canon PowerShot G12
Samsung Samsung TL350 (WB2000)
Canon TAMRON SP AF Aspherical Di LD [IF] 17-35mm f/2.8-4 o77
Sigma SIGMA DP1
Sigma SIGMA DP1S
Sigma SIGMA DP1X
Sigma SIGMA DP2
Sigma SIGMA DP2S
Canon Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM**
Canon Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM**
Canon Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS**
Nikon Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D**

**These lens profiles were in the previous release but have been updated to address quality concerns.

Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 3.3 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part of previous Lightroom 3 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 3 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED

• Edit in PS CS4 from LR 3.2 did not give option to render to TIFF/PSD
  • Process Version defaulted to PV 2003 when Lightroom’s installed Develop Presets are applied on Import
  • All Auto-ISO values are not properly handled for the Nikon D3s
  • An error could be generated when sorting by “User Order” in Collections
  • There was an incorrect Profile Name tag for Canon 18-55 and 17-40 lens profiles
  • Facebook album selection only displayed up to 25 albums
  • Lightroom 3 could fail to launch Photoshop CS5 if Photoshop CS4 was uninstalled after the Photoshop CS5 installation
  • Numerous cloning or healing spots could have caused Lightroom to become unresponsive
  • Lightroom could have crashed when the metadata filter is selected and the grid is displaying all images in the catalog
  • Lightroom 3.2 could have failed to import all of the images from an iPhone 4
  • Some Sigma X3F raw files were rendering incorrectly
  • Choosing the “Make a second copy to” option on import would result in incorrect folder structure for the second copy
  • Resetting the crop angle by double-clicking the Angle slider removed a custom aspect ratio
  • A tooltip for the Japanese language version of Lightroom 3 displayed the wrong keyboard shortcut for “Flag as Pick”
  • Paste Settings did not apply to all images in the Develop module Filmstrip
  • Smart collections in Lightroom 3 did not use the same definition of “All Searchable Metadata” previously available in Lightroom 2
  • Text watermarks or portions of text watermarks could have failed to be applied to images on export
  • The Japanese version of the SmugMug publish collection dialog was a mixture of English and Japanese language text
  • Lightroom would not import files from the Panasonic LX5 that were shot with the iZoom Function set to above 90mm
  • Choosing the Limit File Size option in the export dialog could have stripped certain EXIF fields from the exported file
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 3.3 Release Candidate Bug Report Form.

Camera Raw 6.3 Release Notes

• Camera Raw would not correctly read files from the Panasonic LX5 that were shot with the iZoom Function set to above 90mm
  • The scroll bar could stop working properly with over 150 images in the filmstrip
  • The DNG Converter could prevent customers from setting a “Destination” folder outside of their Home directory
  • Some Sigma X3F raw files were rendering incorrectly
  • Embedding GPS information into a Sony ARW file using third party solutions utilizing Exiftool could result in a color shift
  • All Auto-ISO values were not properly handled for the Nikon D3s
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.3 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

A big thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, posted entries in the U2U forums and blogged their issues so that we could improve both Lightroom and Camera Raw in this update.

62 Responses to Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 Available on Adobe Labs

1. Peter Hölzel says:

no tethered support for the canon 550D? :-(

2. Thomas says:

No changes on how Presets are Browsed and added onto Images in LR 3.3.
    I requested that as LR 3.2 came out.
    They did not have listened!
    Fail!

3. David Naylor says:

Great as always!

Can’t say I had any problems with 3.2, but I love the continuous development. Keep going!

4. Dan Vomastek says:

Tom –

for the watermark editor, some of my installed fonts are not appearing on the font selection list – nor anywhere else in lightroom. they do appear in CS5. This has been a problem since lightroom 3. Also, is there a way to more rapidly scroll through fonts?

5. Looks good!

But … disappointment: lack of support for the Olympus E-5 in this pre-release.

6. Eric says:

Yes, the clone/healing tool is much more responsive on my computer (BTW, the brush tool too). One thing still painfully slow : the loading of an old picture with numerous clone / healing spots already applied.

Well done, keep going on (and soon we’ll have photobook :)! )

7. Lea says:

Please support for tethered shooting with the Canon 550D.

And please improve tethered shooting.
    Have a look at : http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm

This should be possiible for the coding manpower at Adobe… not?

8. andy says:

BUG FOUND: Camera Raw 6.3 Release Candidate

Camera: CANON S95

Test Setting:
    JPEG+RAW, with the JPEG set to 16:9

1/ ExifTool, S95 renamed to S90, RAW CR2 opens up as 3648×2736, full 10MP

2/ ACR 6.3 Release Candidate, RAW CR2 opens up 3648×2048, 16:9 cropped 7MP

Conclusion: Can’t shoot 16:9 JPEG+RAW and have a full 10MP RAW CR2

9. Noname says:

Where is bugfix “Memory leak”?

10. Richard says:

Still no tethered shooting with nikon d200? :’(

11. Nobo says:

I have seen the “New Lens Profile Support ” list in the readmes, but is there a complete list of all supported lenses posted somewhere [not just the new ones just added]?

12. Jiao Hongbo says:

Althought the blog shows LR supporting Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, i cannot found this item in Lens Corrections. It that a bug?

13. Tom Torda says:

I have been waiting impatiently for ACR to handle the Nikon P7000′s NRW format. When I download the RC, unfortunately I get a CRC error message. I have tried IE8 and Chrome without success. Help would be appreciated because at present I can only handle jpeg output from this camera.
    Tom Torda

14. Pingback: John Nack on Adobe : Lightroom 3.3, Camera Raw 6.3 available on Adobe Labs

15. e. Voss says:

will a Camera raw version for CS4 be available for Nikon D7000 ? Or is the only possibility to upgrade my CS4 to CS5 ?

16. Kai says:

I really want to switch to lightroom, however I’ve got thousands of images in Aperture, all in a nice folder structure and no way to import them into Lightroom.
    I can accept losing all my adjustments if I were to import them into lightroom, but I’m not going to go back and recreate my entire folder structure.
    Does anyone know of a good utility that can help the migration process?

17. Still difficult to edit watermarks in LR3.

18. mike says:

Disappointed, no lens profile for the panasonic lx5 in this pre-release

19. michael says:

Gee it would be nice if this product would work and give me the real pixel dimensions, I ask for.
    doing a bunch of time lapse and want to resize Nikon nef’s to 19020 X 2080 the real size is 1613 × 1080,
    tried resizing Nikon nef’ to 1280 X720, again LR screws up, real size is:1084 × 720
    This has been going on since LR 1.
    How about lens calibration info for all Nikon lens: AF, AI & D, & manual lens, most be over 300 lenses going back over 40yrs. if not more.
    Here’s link to all of Nikon’s lens data base: manual lens

Auto Focus http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/AFNikkor/index.htm

Another thing is why can’t LR use all cores, on Mac 6 & 12 cores??????
    Maybe it will happen in LR 4, the world is going to 4K resolution & 8K resolution for video, another item for the R&D gang to look into.
    Lion for Mac will be out in 2011,

20. Jason says:

Is the bug that prevents a rather basic feature of continous sequence numbering across multiple imports fixed yet?

21. Eric says:

Using it since some days now and LR 3.3 RC is working fine on my computer, much more smoothly than 3.2 for the removal dust tool and the review of pictures in library!

22. Sergik says:

Why no profile for lens Nikon AF-S 18-105 mm f/3.5-5.6 DX VR ????

23. Is there any plans to develop album design module in LR?

24. Amit says:

A Minor bug in 3.3 RC. when saving the preset, the chroma/color noise reduction amount is not being written to the file.

I had to to manually edit the file and add the value: ColorNoiseReduction = [0-100],

LR 3/3 RC Win7 64 Bit

25. John Heuer says:

Camera Raw 6.3 with Nikon D3100 appears to be working fine after a couple of days of testing.

26. Neil Gwillym says:

Is support for sony A580 going to make it into the finall release? If not – any idea when we can expect support for sony A580?

27. Marne Zafar says:

EXCELLENT!! I am so happy that this update has happened. Now if I can only figure out how to install as when I open, it says it is a Windows application?

28. michael says:

When will LR 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 be released? I have a Canon G12 that I cannot use in lightroom 3.2. I attemped Raw 6.3 down load but it did not install. Do I need to install Lightroom 3.3 before I install raw 6.3?
    regards

29. Lillo says:

lack of support for the raw pentax k5 (PEF)

30. Peter Drury says:

Could someone please advise when the RAW support for the Olympus E5 is likely?
    It does not appear at all yet.

31. John Brawley says:

I love how well LR works on my older Olympus RAW files, but I too would love to Olympus E5 support. And some SHG lens profiles would be great too !

jb

32. Eric says:

What about the Canon S95 lens support???

33. Meerz says:

No T2i tethering support ??

34. I like Lightroom, but it is useless if it will not support my Olympus E-5

35. HDario says:

I just worry that .NEF files taken by my nikon d3100 could not
    be prosecuted, but with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3 Problems
    resolved.
    my question is, when will be the official release?

36. Marco Klompalberts says:

When will this version be released?
    I saw that 3.2 was released three weeks after the post of the Release Candidate.
    I can use some of the lensprofiles. Is there another way to already use them in 3.2?

37. J. Kilker says:

I appreciate the continual development of lightroom — but am wondering if Rebel T2i tethering has been included in this release?

–Julian

38. Jacek Maryan says:

I have noticed that Lightroom 3.2 has some problems with handling (interpreting) Active D-Lighting setting when working with images from Nikon D300s and D3s. It leaves the shadows too dark.

39. Hi, If this is a bug, could it be fixed before you release 3.3, please? Keywords and synonyms. With the Keyword List open, enter a word in Filter Keywords. It will find that keyword if it is in the visible list but not if it’s a Synonym. I think it makes no sense to exclude Synonyms. Is it meant to work this way? Thanks, John Walmsley

40. Javier says:

How is possible?
    Olympus E-5 is now on sale and not disponible in this version?
    Nikon D7000 is not for sale and this yes support?

this is a little partisan

thanks

41. It is unbelivable that the commons pentax lens are not supported. Only the lenses for the 645D medium format camera are supported. This is absolutly unbelivable.

42. Jian says:

I have Olympus E-5 and i change my raw program to Olympus Viewer 2. Adobe support to Olympus always late.

43. Jeff Lear says:

I second Mr. DiGiorgi’s disappointment. Any idea when the E-5 .orf files will be supported?

44. Jian says:

is possible some day “Tethered Capture” with Olympus cameras?

thanks

45. Daniel Bryk says:

No support for Olympus E-5. Why buy new technology or equipment without working software support. Bad move Olympus……

46. Harald Lehmann says:

Oh Thank, you I just bought a Canon G12 last days and was astonished that this raw format is different to G11 and further. So Now I hope going on only with Lightroom again-

47. F Isaac says:

Im hoping Olympus E-5 support will be there for the final release.

48. Lillo says:

Does not support RAW files (PEF) of the new Pentax K5 … When will the upgrade?

49. Hi
    Im a newbie at this. Have just bought the lightroom 3 and have a Nikon dSLR 3100. Where do I go to get the plug in for the raw pics? Is it available now or is there a date for it. Thanks so much for your help.Prue

50. Kathy Weaver says:

When will the Olympus E-5 be supported by Camera Raw?

51. GLENN DICKSON says:

I picked up an Olympus E-5 back in mid October and there still is not an available update for created DNG’s or a Raw update. What is the delay?

52. Harry Shin says:

1. I know this isn’t going to merit any reply, but for the record–> please include the Olympus E-5 in the official 6.3 release. Silkypix and CaptureOne already support the E-5, but since I’m more familiar with ACR, I would rather utilize ACR. But if this continues much longer, I might have to check out the capture one etc…

harry shin

53. woo73 says:

Some people (including myself) have the problem with LR 3.2 that the mouse right click doesn’t work after a while. Outside LR 3.2 the right-click still works fine. Restarting LR 3.2 helps for a while (20-40 minutes). Then the right-click doesn’t work again.

Unfortunatelly, there’s no notice inside the Release Notes.

54. RobG says:

There is a bug where the last image selected in a mass image drag & drop from one folder to another fails to be moved successfully.

55. JOHN COLEMAN says:

Hi, I was hoping that the D80 would be recognised in tethered capture in this release.

56. Robert Harvey says:

Customer was unsatisfied as Lightroom 3 does not provide lens profile for Lyca N9 Camera which is the highest quality lens compared to Cannon, Samsung, Nikkon and Sony.

57. Cindy Kassab says:

I added downloaded the camera raw 6.3 for the Canon G12 and it tells me preview unavailable for this file.

58. laurel lindsay says:

Having trouble with the fonts, missing original fonts in lightroom 3.2, very frustrating trying to match.

59. David says:

Any chance my Canon 60D will be allowed to use tethered capture any time soon? It’s most annoying, especially after a few months of that lovely camera being on the market!!!
    Thanks.
    David.

60. Mike Tadman says:

I’m currently using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and PSE 8, and using Panasonic TM700 and Panasonic FZ40. Will Lightroom 3 handle my Panasonic FZ40 RAW images? I can’t seem to find an answer to this and would like to know before I download Lightroom. Thank you.

61. Ryan Castro says:

Does the new update support tethering for the D3100? thanks.

62. waqas says:

So far D3100 tethered shooting has not been supported, is there no hope for it?