Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 Available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final releases of Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 may have additional corrections or camera support.

New Camera Support in Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 Release Candidates

• Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5)
  • Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50)
  • Hasselblad H4D-40

Nikon Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
Nikon SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Nikon TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3DiII VC PZD B008N
Leica Leica APO-MACRO-SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/120mm
Leica Leica SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/35mm ASPH.
Leica Leica SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/70 mm ASPH.

**These lens profiles were in the previous release but have been updated to address quality concerns.

Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 3.4 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part of previous Lightroom 3 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 3 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED

• Lightroom encountered issues presenting double-byte character metadata after the image was edited on Photoshop.com.
  • Publish collections did not work properly if the sort order is set to descending. (“Z to A”).
  • Using the up/down arrow keys or the mouse wheel to adjust a parameter while the graduated filter is activated caused increments of plus or minus 100 instead of 1.
  • Interlacing artifacts, and a slight magenta cast in the deepest shadows could have appeared on some high-contrast edges of Canon mRaw files.
  • A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture.
  • Video files were allowed to be added to a SmugMug publish collection not capable of supporting video uploads.
  • Folder creation caused an expanded folder hierarchy to close unexpectedly in the Library Module.
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 3.4 Release Candidate Bug Report Form.

Camera Raw 6.4 Release Notes

• Camera Raw did not allow write-back capability for the EXIF GPS properties
  • The DNG File format did not support XMP Media Management
  • A JPEG file with a specific characteristic was found to have a pink cast
  • The undo command (Command Z) was failing to undo crop adjustments
  • Single images marked for deletion were not moved to the trash
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.4 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

A big thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, posted entries in the U2U forums and blogged their issues so that we could improve both Lightroom and Camera Raw in this update.

74 Responses to Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 Available on Adobe Labs

1. Jorge Amorim says:

Hi,

The LR mac link brings me a windows .exe :) Something is wrong.

2. Mark Smith says:

Please can you let me know when the D7000 will be supported for tethered shooting in Lightroom?

3. David Naylor says:

Great stuff.

But surely the Canon 70-300mm IS is an updated profile, not a new one? I’ve been using it for ages.

4. Tony Hart says:

Great stuff guys. Looking forward to the new release. Any idea when the Fuji X100 might be supported? The included software is killing me!

5. Rose says:

Can you please fix the Facebook plug-in?

6. Mani Suresh says:

Finally the lens profile support for Nikon 18-105mm is here, why did it take so long for Adobe?

When should be expect support for 70-300, 18-55mm?

7. B. Jefferson Le Blanc says:

No mention here of solutions for the performance problems we’ve been discussing on the Lightroom 3 forum for months now. Rather than passing judgment at this point on the omission, I’ll simply ask for an explanation. What’s up?

8. Claude Biron says:

The publish to Facebook has been broken for a couple of releases now Still broken in 3.4RC1. This has been mentioned by many others in the forums, You can only publish one photo at at a time, and it ends in error in LR, with the image unpublished, except it does get published on Facebook.

9. Chris says:

This is for the new “L” series (white) 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS . You’re probably using the older non-L (black) profile.

10. c-dub says:

Still no tether support for Nikon D7000?

11. Pingback: Тестовая новая версия Lightroom | Светлая комната

12. Pingback: Lightroom 3.4 e Camera Raw 6.4 Release Candidate | Sony Alpha News

13. Pingback: Lightroom och ACR får stöd för fler kameror | iPortal

14. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.4 tests new Canon SLR support

15. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.4 tests new Canon SLR support | Xbox World

16. januszek says:

Samsung NX5 stil isn’t?

17. Pingback: Новая версия Lightroom: 3.4RC « У Паши!

18. Pingback: Новая версия Lightroom: 3.4RC | @Home

19. Barbu says:

@David: it”s not the (old) profile for the 70-300IS, it’s for the new L version.
    What I’m really curious: the Leica lenses were really profiled on Nikon DSLRs? Might be a typo there, I don’t even know a Leica S to N mount adapter; unless there’s a confirmation for this, I’d suppose that they profiled them on the S2 camera.

20. Pingback: Adobe gibt Release Candidates von Lightroom 3.4 und Camera Raw 6.4 frei - Software | News | ZDNet.de

21. Pingback: Adobe: Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 Available on Adobe

22. Piotr says:

Yeah this is very funny. Adding nx11 support and still no support for nx5. So still I have to change camera model in exif to make it legal to CR and Lightoom :/ Because this is the only diffrence from supported nx10 :-]

23. J. Kilker says:

In this 3.4 RC, tethering still doesn’t work with the Canon T2i. Very frustrating!

–JK

24. Pingback: Weekly Nikon news flash #101 | Nikon Rumors

25. Mike says:

This is the new “L” version (not the original 70-300IS)

26. Pingback: Henk van Vugt Fotografie » Weekly Nikon news flash #101

27. Barry Ricoh says:

@David,
    it´s the 70-300 “L” profile.
    I Think you´ve not using it for ages, because the Lens is brandnew.!

28. Alex says:

600D still doesn’t work! what is going on?

29. brian cook says:

after reading this post I went on to update my lightroom 3.3 copy as suggested.

the message was my software was up to date and no update is neccessary

can you advise me why…?

Brian

30. Geoff Bassett says:

A good update, especially appreciate the support of the D7000 kit lens. However I would still love to have tethered shooting for the D7000

31. Alexey Karash says:

What about Fujifilm s200exr?

32. Pingback: Lightroom 3.4 and Professional Imaging Update Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips

33. Prune says:

Any bug correction regarding the HUGE memory leak on Apple Os X ?

34. Claude Ruisse says:

Please double check the Before/After function in develop module. Sometimes it invert the sources and the image become unusable. Quick shortcut to the function using “\” (backslash) key.

35. Sean says:

David,

The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM is indeed a new lens (announced August, 2010). The non-L EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM has been around for a while.

36. Raymond Hoffmann says:

What about D7000 tethering support?

37. cameron says:

why no support for sony cameras…..at all…..

38. Richard Armstrong says:

Why so VERY little support for Sony lens’ and cameras?

39. Jim Lawson says:

It would really have been nice to have tethered support for the Nikon d7000. I hope i don’t have to wait to long for the next update.

40. Klaus says:

To Lightroom 3.4:
    I hv got problems with printing. Foto is not centered. A4 Format, left side is smaler. Foto
    H= 21 cm, W=14,4, Frame right 3 cm, frame left 3,5 cm.

It’s also the contur-frame, right side is stronger.

regards

Klaus

41. Great! But I want to see a Invert Selection Button in mask mode

42. Bob Jones says:

There is a company that makes lenses called TOKINA you might want to investigate. Been waiting for a profile for my beloved Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X for ages!

43. I was hoping and praying for X100 support, but sadly no.

Please have a chat with Fuji and work something out ASAP please?

44. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.4 tests new Canon SLR support | Media Information

45. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.4 tests new Canon SLR support | Info Media

46. please.please PLEASE. RAW support for X100

47. Hans van den Berg says:

I noticed that borders and page backgrounds are still not included in the printer profile. I have posted about this bug before but when is this noticed???
    I hope the developers see it now. Thank you!!
    Thanks, Hans van den Berg

48. Alun says:

X100 RAW support please!

49. Denise says:

I was wondering how to change the update from automatic to manual on Lightroom 3.4. Any help would be appreciated!

50. Dirty Dee says:

said there was a bug fix for A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture. I just downloaded the raw 6.4 and this bug is still not fixed. I have been waiting months to edit my multiple exposures and still coming up magenta in lightroom

51. Bird says:

Nikon 18-35mm f3.5-4.5 D lens support. Thank you for your great work!

52. Nick Barnett says:

I’m thinking of buying Lightroom having just bought a Fuji X100 so please please…

53. NoStatic_1 says:

Eek! This beta monster is screwing up my processing in PS CS5. How do I uninstall it?

54. MikeR says:

A few people have said this but support for Fujifilm X100 RAF files would be great. I know there’s a beta import out there but if you can make it available in the release candidate that would be very useful. Thank you.

55. Lisa O says:

X100 support and when is the update coming?

56. Andreas says:

As mentioned a few times already:

X100 RAW support would be much appreciated.

Please!

57. just installed LR 3.4, if I try to make a custom crop LR hangs its self

Thanks Jos.

58. Yan says:

x100 support please!

59. john krill says:

After renaming several NEF files I needed to do an export of one of the images in JPG format with the name unchanged.

The result was that the old name was used instead of the new name.

windows vista
    lightroom 3,4

60. Mikko Hippeläinen says:

After update to 3.4 version I lost all the old lens correction profiles (Canon L 24-105 f 4.0 especially). Only the new ones are available. What happened?

61. TH says:

Any profile supported for the Nikkor 35mm 1.4?

62. Dave says:

I am using 3.4 and up til recently been very pleased. Now the software is laborious and ineffective in managing images in a timely way. The symptoms are a slow import, incredibly slow “synch” response for the window to appear and to execute the synch, and to implement changes. I am not familiar with what might impact this but have guessed maybe to large a library, or not enough ram. Any suggestions? thank you

63. Dave says:

I also forgot to add that changes I make in the values of different characteristics will enter correctly then revert to previous values while I am working on other corrections. Could the software be corrupt? thank you

64. olicom says:

Hi,
    Adobe made a promotion for Lightroom in whole Europe today (50% off for LR) – what can I say …. they cheat us :) The same product in US costs 299USD but in Europe is worse … 306€ :) As you know € is much more expensive then US so…………

So yours 50% off is really just 30% off as usual on your web site.

Shame shame shame.