Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final releases of Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 may have additional corrections or camera support.

New Camera Support in Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 Release Candidates

• Fuji FinePix F600EXR
  • Olympus E-P3
  • Olympus E-PL3
  • Olympus E-PM1
  • Panasonic DMC-G3
  • Panasonic DMC-GF3
  • Phase One IQ140
  • Phase One IQ160
  • Phase One P40+
  • Phase One P65+
  • Sony Alpha NEX-C3
  • Sony SLT-A35
  • Hasselblad “FFF” files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also now supported. (FFF files created using the FlexColor software are not supported)

New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 Release Candidates

Pentax SIGMA 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
Sigma SIGMA 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
Sony SIGMA 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
Sony TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD B008S
Sony TAMRON SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD A005S

Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 3.5 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part of previous Lightroom 3 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 3 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED

• Using the arrow keys to modify image adjustment settings lacked responsiveness
  • A Publish Collection targeting a hard drive on Windows would not behave properly if the designated folder was deleted from hard drive
  • After editing the capture time in Lightroom, “Date Time Digitized” was incorrectly changed. (Only “Date Time Original” should be modified)
  • On Windows computers, Lightroom would interpret the wrong time zone per the following customer report: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/xmp_metadatadate_has_wrong_time_zone
  • Changing Lightroom’s date created field to a date prior to 1933 resulted in unexpected values
  • Lightroom 3.2 introduced preview cache inefficiencies
  • GPS Altitude metadata was incorrectly excluded from files converted to DNG or exported as DNG files from Lightroom 3.4.1
  • For non-English language operating systems, folder names in the import dialog may not have been translating properly
  • When exporting images with the “Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy” enabled, keywords with “Include on Export” deselected would still have been included on export
  • Saving metadata to a JPEG file in Lightroom 3.4 could have caused Lightroom to quit unexpectedly
  • A Publish Collection in Lightroom 3.4 set to publish original files would fail to include XMP files for proprietary raw formats.
  • RECONYX images did not open properly in Lightroom 3.4
  • When applying automatic lens profile correction, Lightroom 3.4 did not automatically recognize the following lens:  “Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED”
  • Using the plus or minus key to increment Develop Module parameters did not work properly on the Mac
  • The Limit File Size export option was incorrectly including EXIF metadata on export when the Minimize Embedded Metadata option was selected
  • On Mac OS X 10.7, the Lightroom import dialog did not properly display network volumes
  • On Windows computers, using Shift + Scroll wheel to adjust the Adjustment Brush feather size, the expected result of the scroll wheel movement was reversed per the following feedback post: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_adjustment_brush_why_is_mouse_wheel_direction_reversed_for_feather
  • Lightroom would not provide the correct error message when attempting to delete photos published to Facebook
  • Lightroom would experience tether capture failures on computers utilizing OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7
  • Develop load time performance was inconsistent
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 3.5 Release Candidate Bug Report Form.

Camera Raw 6.5 Release Notes

• When utilizing the Canon sRaw setting in a 5D Mk II camera with the white balance set to daylight a magenta cast could have appeared on the image
  • RECONYX images did not open properly in Camera Raw 6.4
  • When Camera Raw 6.4 or the DNG Converter 6.4 converted a raw file with a sidecar that includes GPS in the EXIF namespace (but no real GPS EXIF in the raw file) to DNG or another format (ex: JPEG), the Date Component of the GPS TimeStamp was lost
  • The DNG Converter 6.5 no longer supports PowerPC-based Mac computers.(Please see previous post)
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.5 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

A big thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, posted entries in the U2U forums and blogged their issues so that we could improve both Lightroom and Camera Raw in this update.

72 Responses to Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 available on Adobe Labs

1. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 available on Adobe Labs | Global Community of Photography

2. Lee says:

What about the Olympus lenses and the E-5 for updated profiles?
    Thanks

3. Pingback: What’s new in Lightroom 3.5 RC? | The Lightroom Queen

4. Pingback: Updates to Lightroom and Camera Raw

5. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5RC now available - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

6. Olympus lenses is very good but i dont know.

7. Pingback: John Nack on Adobe : Lightroom 3.5, Camera Raw 6.5 available on Adobe Labs

8. Rob Cole says:

You’re welcome (for my part of bug reporting…), and thank you for fixing some of them *and* doing such a good job of keeping track of which bugs were fixed.

[Thanks Rob! - TH]

9. Gilles says:

@Lightroom 3.2 introduced preview cache inefficiencies

Should the preview caches be rebuilt? Or were the inefficiencies run-time only? (ie inefficiencies in producing the final product rather than inefficiencies in the final product produced?)

10. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | Journal of Technology and Economic Development | Future Technology | Green Technology | Military Technology | Business | Trading | Finance | Computer | Robots | Entertainment | Games | GPS | Software | Mu

11. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | Christian Media Cross

12. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | Up2dateNews

13. Pingback: Code Retard: Anything Geeky Goes

14. KW says:

Re lens profile correction: Lightroom 3.4 also does not recognize my Tamron 28-75mm/2.8 (on Canon 5D2). I always need to select it manually. I’ll try 3.5 if I find some time…

15. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras « ITS News Feeder

16. Pingback: Adobe Labs Release Lightroom 3.5 RC | Mark Stothard, Commercial Press and Sports Photographer

17. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | RegionalForward.info

18. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 Camera Raw 6.5 Release Candidate | Tutorial Photoshop - Digital Post Production - Francesco Marzoli - Tutorial Photoshop Italiano Download Risorse Guide Fotografia Post Produzione

19. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | Custom Software Solutions (Antigua)-Digital World

20. Thank you says:

If I install this RC what happend when the final version of 3.5 comes out – will I have to un-install the RC or will the final version of 3.5 successfully install with the RC already installed?

21. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras | Source Of Drivers

22. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 RC versteht neue Kameras « peterlueck.com

23. Pingback: Lightroom 3.5 to support Oly, Pany, Sony cameras

24. Pingback: Adobe Releases Lightroom 3.5 and Camera RAW 6.5 RCs | GeekPhotogapher

25. Pingback: Nye releases fra Adobe | ThePhotoBlog.dk

26. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | PUII - News Blog

27. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | My Shitty Blog

28. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | Donald Schwartz

29. Paul says:

Still no AVCHD. Offensive.

30. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats « ittechnworld

31. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | RicciAngel News

32. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | Dominic Fallows

33. Pingback: Adobe Announces Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 Release Candidates Available » Laura Shoe Digital Workshops for Photographers

34. gosh says:

exacly – what abous olympus m4/3 lenses? 12mm, 45mm etc.?

35. lokat says:

the adjustment brush is broken.

i don´t see the effect.
    when i decrease the exposure it´s getting brighter not darker where i paint.
    only when i deselect the adjustment bursh then the image is update correctly but not when the brush is active.

LR 3.5 RC1 on win78 64 bit.

36. Pingback: Memory Tech » Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats » Memory Tech

37. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 e Camera Raw 6.5 disponibili in versione RC | Fotografia Digitale

38. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | Digital Brain ; Science and Technology News

39. Tudy says:

Does this update add tethering support for Nikon D5100?

40. Lards says:

the adjustment brush is broken in 3.5 RC.

i don´t see the effect.
    when i decrease the exposure it´s getting brighter not darker where i paint.

LR 3.5 RC1 on win78 64 bit.

41. Pingback: Adobe Lightroom 3.5 will support Olympus, Panasonic and Sony RAW formats | Sarah Michelle Gellar

42. Pingback: thingybob.de – Adobe veroeffentlicht Lightroom 3.5 RC

43. ERROR: “This version of lightroom may require the photoshop camera raw…”.

CS5.1 (12.1) ACR 6.5RC / LR 3.5RC; MacbookPro 4gb Leopard 10.5.8 ] As a Lightroom instructor, up until now this has been a vexxing problem to explain to my students. Even if ACR in Photoshop is up to date (I just downloaded 6.5RC and installed the PS Plugin), I still get the error when attempting to edit from Lightroom 3.5RC. I deleted the PS prefs file to no avail. I was not willing to re-install Photoshop as a solution (per various blog’s suggestion), although that might be the ultimate answer.

For a solution, I went back to a resolution I devised when I had a CS3 compatibility problem with LR3. I went into the Preferences of Lightroom and manually chose the Photoshop app as the “custom” image editor. I went back to edit the file in PS from Lightroom and the ACR error disappeared. Try it. Yes, this means you need to use the Custom editor as your image editor, but it seems to have resolved the issue for now.

44. Lards says:

adjustment brush is ok… for some reason the mask color was switched from red to white.

45. Schmackes says:

Yes – still no AVCHD support. Disappointing. :-/

46. ccdeblade says:

Will next version support Sigma DP2x?
    The current version of the Camera RAW only support Sigma DP2. They should be similar.

47. Godfrey says:

Regards the questions concerning lens corrections for Micro-FourThirds lenses:

Micro-FourThirds raw files (both Olympus and Panasonic) contain lens correction parameters which are embedded in each lens’ firmware and injected into the raw file metadata by the camera body. These correction is automatically applied by Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Lens profiles for Olympus FourThirds SLR lenses are not currently available from Adobe, but various and sundry folks have created sets of them that you can add to Lightroom or Camera Raw. Do a google search to find them.

48. Fredrik says:

Thanks for a great job team! Especially for the Nikon 24/1.4 lens correction module.
    /F

49. kadajawi says:

And the Pentax kit lenses are STILL missing?

50. kadajawi says:

Oh, oops. I totally missed the 3.4 update, which supports these lenses.

51. FCPUGG says:

and .. still dog slow!

52. Nothing but crashes ! You fixed one thing and broke another.
    I look like there some issues with Nik plug-Ins.
    Looking forward to a patched LR 3.5.1.

53. Oliver says:

I’m again disappointed. I’m not a professionaly photographer, but an amateur photographer enthusiast AND I’m an Olympus-fan and this is the reason why I’m not 100% feel certain about Lightroom. There are again no lens profiles of Olympus lenses. Or is there no correction nescessary? I thinks the support of Olympusproducts are allways very poor. Thats a bit scrubby.

Excuse my bad english, sorry.

Thanks

54. Gary Wilson says:

Yesterday, August 29, I downloaded Adobe’s just released Camera Raw 6.5 Release Candidate. Since, having done so, my Photo Downloader jams and disallows my use of the mouse in working with its interface. I am required to Force Quit the application. I would jettison this newest version if I could ascertain where it resides. Could you provide a path where this newest patch resides?

I am using Mac OS10.5.8 on a 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon machine with 24 GB of ram if that is relevant.

Thanks

55. Pag says:

Hello,
    it seems that the fff files resulting from already supported hasselblad are not be recognized. fff samples files from hasselblad site, for example, aren’t recognized but one.

56. Iso says:

Same problem like in LR 3.4 with my EOS 7D RAWs. The noise reduction dos not apply to the shown Images at the Develop module with a magnification of 1:2 or below. from 1:1 upwards it’s OK.
    With JPEGs and my old EOS 350D RAWs the noise reduction is always applied.

57. Jim says:

Does this update add tethering support for Nikon D5100????

58. George E. Givens, Jr. says:

Why don’t I see the missing file icon on photos?

Where is the forum to report bugs in the Lightroom RC 3.5?

59. Claus says:

When adjusting the picuter time by one houre, nearly all these images were trouned by 90 degrees… That is a bug.

60. JACK LARSON says:

Since installing 6.5RC, I have been getting an Error 1302, Line 10, message when I open Photoshop CS5. I was told to reinstall 6.4.1. However, it won’t install; I keep getting an installation failed message. I have tried dragging 6.5RC to the desktop, but the 6.4.1 installation still fails. The attempt to install the earlier 6.4 also fails. If I want to use Camera Raw, I am stuck with 6.5RC (which may be the culprit in the Photoshop error message).

61. Dianna Smith says:

When will you have support for the Panasonic Lumix G3?

62. Mark says:

The automatic lens correction is not recognizing the Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens.

63. Pingback: Adobe Releases Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 | LPMAG

64. Alex says:

6.5 Recognises Hasselblad Single Shot and will process images but not Multi Shot images created in Phocus

65. Tom says:

the 3.5 update will not install on my Win 7 64 bit machine. the installer says please wait, but at my age, I have only so many years left. Suggestions?

• Tom says:

I finally got the 3.5 to install – it takes forever to indicate that anything is happening. The installer should show that SOMETHING is happening!

66. Lucas says:

The adjustment brush does not work properly since the update.

The adjustment brush circle is not available and instead I get a pointer. If I ‘shift tab’ I can get it, but if the adjustment bars are on the side it no longer exists. The pointer doesn’t even point to the middle of the brush circle even if I wanted to try to use until an update arrives.

67. Lucas says:

The adjustment brush circle is not available since the update and instead I get a pointer. If I ‘shift tab’ I can get it, but if the adjustment bars are on the side it no longer exists. The pointer doesn’t even point to the middle of the brush circle even if I wanted to try to use until an update arrives.

68. Tom says:

The lens corrections tool cannot find my Tamron 28-300 zoom lens. It was there in 3.4. What happened? Is there some automatic feature that decides for me what lens I’m using? Why can’t I define what I’ve got instead of hoping the tool works (which it isn’t!)

69. Ronaldo says:

An error occurred when attempting to change modules.
    the above error msg keeps on pop up when my downloaded LR3.5 execute. Any suggestion to fix this? i used iMac with Mac OS X version 10.7.2

70. Pingback: Weekly Nikon news flash #125 | Nikon Rumors