Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Converter 6.7 Available on Adobe Labs

Camera Raw 6.7 is now available as a Release Candidate on Adobe Labs.   The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.  The final release of Camera Raw 6.7 may have additional corrections or camera support.

New Camera Support in the Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate

• Fuji FinePix X-S1
  • Nikon D4
  • Nikon D800
  • Nikon D800E

New Lens Profile Support in the Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate

Lens Mount Lens Name
Canon Tokina AT-X 124 AF PRO DX 12-24mm f/4 (IF)
Canon Tokina AT-X 124 AF PRO DX II 12-24mm f/4 (IF)
Canon Tokina AT-X 165 PRO DX 16-50mm f/2.8 (IF) ASPHERICAL
Canon Tokina AT-X 535 PRO DX  50-135mm f/2.8 (IF)
Canon Tokina AT-X M35 PRO DX 35mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon Tokina AT-X M100 AF PRO D 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Nikon Tokina AT-X 124 AF PRO DX 12-24mm f/4 (IF)
Nikon Tokina AT-X 124 AF PRO DX II 12-24mm f/4 (IF)
Nikon Tokina AT-X 165 PRO DX 16-50mm f/2.8 (IF) ASPHERICAL
Nikon Tokina AT-X 535 PRO DX  50-135mm f/2.8 (IF)
Nikon Tokina AT-X M35 PRO DX 35mm f/2.8 Macro
Nikon Tokina AT-X M100 AF PRO D 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Nikon Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
Nikon Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
Leica LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 75 mm f/2 ASPH.
Leica LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 90 mm f/2 ASPH.
Leica LEICA APO-TELYT-M 135 mm f/3.4 ASPH.
Leica LEICA ELMAR-M 24 mm f/3.8 ASPH.
Leica LEICA ELMARIT-M 28 mm f/2.8 ASPH.
Leica LEICA ELMARIT-M 90 mm f/2.8
Leica LEICA MACRO-ELMAR-M 90 mm f/4
Leica LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-M 35 mm f/2.5
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-M 50 mm f/2.5
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-M 75 mm f/2.5
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-M 90 mm f/2.5
Leica LEICA SUMMICRON-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMICRON-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2
Leica LEICA SUMMILUX-M 21 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMILUX-M 24 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMILUX-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUPER-ELMAR-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUPER-ELMAR-M 21 mm f/3.4 ASPH.
Pentax Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC HSM
Pentax Sigma 50-200mm F4-5.6 DC HSM
Sony Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Sony Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC B011
Sony Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC HSM
Sony Sigma 50-200mm F4-5.6 DC HSM
Sigma Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM

Camera Raw 6.7 Release Notes

• Camera Raw 6.7 is required for full compatibility between Lightroom 4.0 and Photoshop CS5
  • Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Converter 6.7 are the first Adobe products to support the raw files from the Canon EOS 5D Mk III.  Lightroom 4.0 does not have support for the camera at this time.
  • Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.7 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

61 Responses to Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Converter 6.7 Available on Adobe Labs

1. Pingback: John Nack on Adobe : Camera Raw 6.7 available on Adobe Labs

2. Pingback: Camera Raw 6.7 und DNG Converter 6.7 RC verfügbar | lightroom-blog.de

3. Pingback: Korte tip: Lightroom 4 bewerkingen in Photoshop CS5 openen | DIGITALE•FOTOGRAFIETIPS

4. Winn says:

1. I installed LR 4 – in fact used the beta first and then upgraded to LR4 and I edited a good # of pictures.
    2. Because I prefer to work in ACR, I installed ACR 6.7.
    3. IN ACR 6.7, I opened a raw photo that I previously edited in LR 4 and I see this message:
    “The selected image uses Process 2012. Convert to Process 2010 to adjust settings”. And there is a button below to check to do just that.

Isn’t that kind of hokey that I have to undo the process I just did in the cheap software (ACR) so I can use it in my expensive software (photoshop ACR)?

Why can’t ACR 6.7 do the same thing as Lightroom 4?

5. cocute says:

Olympus E-M5 is presented before Canon EOS 5D Mk III,
    what is reason to no add support to E-M5 in 6.7 version?
    If i need wait many month for new version 3.8 to support E-M5 RAW i will use other software forever.

Thanks

6. Dose it Support New Canon D1 RAW format?

7. nick says:

so, if i install camera raw 6.7, my lightroom 3 will now read the new CR2 files from my canon 5D3?

8. dimalozz says:

I didn’t find a Chromatic Aberration sliders in ACR 6.7 it is a trouble.

9. Pingback: “Dpreview”: toma de contacto e imágenes de calle de la Nikon D800 | fotochismes.com

10. I use Photoshop Elements 10 and cannot open a Nikon D800 RAW file (.nef) with the latest version of PSE 10.x. If I check for updates from the PSE 10.x Organizer, I get nothing listed. If I download Camera RAW 6.7, will this fix my PSE 10.x problem?

11. Pingback: I just got my new 5D MK III… How the heck do I edit the images in Lightroom? | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

12. Jfarmer says:

Just received the Canon 5D Mark III and realized I can’t import raw files into my Lightroom 3.6. In looking for a fix, I am getting mixed messages. Is the beta raw converter 6.7 only for Photoshop or can you download it and use it with Lightroom 3? I couldn’t get a straight answer from the Adobe help desk when I called.

Thanks,
    J

13. Jerry says:

Do you have to have photoshop CS5 to run this installer? I have LR4 and photoshop CS4 and I get an error message saying it won’t let me install ACR 6.7

14. qiuship says:

5D3

15. qiuship says:

Canon EOS 5D Mk III

16. yanyu says:

I want Camera Raw. And, I like ACR.

17. Peter Keverne says:

I have downloaded ACR 6.7 as I need it for my Conon G1X but I am unable to install it. – I cannot find the notes as suggested to guide me with the installation.
    Please help.

18. Vincent says:

I really hope Fuji X-pro1 support can be added……

19. I am using CS4, how can I open the RAW files from my new Fuji X-pro 1 ?
    Hoping I am not going to have to now upgrade my photoshop just be able to open these RAW files or is there a DNG converter for this ?

Look forward to a positive reply….

Neil

20. Lois says:

I have Elements 9 and a Canon T3i. I have downloaded the Elements Camera Raw 6. How do I open raw files now that I have this plug in??

21. Eberhard Jacob says:

Hallo,

ich fotografiere mit Nikon D800 in NEF (=RAW).
    Leider kann ich mit meiner Adobe Photoshop Version 9 diese Dateien nicht bearbeiten.
    Was kann ich tun?

Viele Grüsse
    Eberhard Jacob

22. Martin says:

I have installed this release candidate, and am able to read CR2 of Canon 5D3. However, I found a lot (1-2% corrupted thumbnail images in Bridge). These files were opened w/o problem in DPP. And, Bridge reponded slowly or hanged when the folder contained many (closed to 10k files). Hope thiese are fixed in production release.

23. CHRISTINE HUDSON says:

I HAVE THE NEW NIKON D4. I HAVE ADOBE SUITE CS5. CNA’T OPEN MY RAW FILES.

HELP.

24. John K. says:

With a new Canon 5D Mark III in my hands, I am desperately looking for production level software from Adobe which will let me process my raw files. Unfortunately, all that seems to be available to me right now is beta software. Since I am particularly reluctant to install Lightroom Release Candidate 4.1, apparently my other option is to use the DNG Converter which I think is known as Release Candidate 6.7. However, it looks as though I have to download, and possibly install all of ACR 6.7 to do this. I DO NOT want to run a beta ACR in my Photoshop CS 5 installation. Can I obtain, install and use DNG Converter RC 6.7 WITHOUT installing ACR RC 6.7? Thanks.

25. Martin says:

I’m hoping this release will stabilise in converting Canon 600D-produced CR2s. At the moment, DNG Converter v6.6 is constantly freezing at random files in the conversion process, not because they are corrupt, but for no particular reason. The amount of files it might convert before freezing may vary from none, one, ten or twenty, rarely much more, before it croaks. It was fine converting older Pentax Raw files.

26. 顺德大水牛 says:

5d3

27. Beth says:

Also unable to install. Message appears that update is not applicable. I have not been able to find any information regarding how to work with this situation.

28. Larry Lato says:

I can not figure out how to install this plugin. The site says just to open the file after unzipping and follow the instructions. I’m not seeing any instructions and when I click on the (AdobePatchInstaller.exe) it fails. System is Windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas as to what is going on here??
    Thanks, Larry

29. Marc says:

J’utilise Lightroom 3.6 sous windows XP et je n’envisage pas pour le moment de changer de système d’exploitation car j’ai plusieurs applications indispensables que je ne pourrai pas transférer sous windows 7, je viens de faire l’acquisition d’un Nikon D4 et pour continuer à travailler avec LR 3.6 j’ai téléchargé DNG converter 6.6 pour pouvoir importer mes fichier bruts en DNG, mais DNG converter ne reconnait pas mes fichiers NEF issus du D4 ?? Par contre les fichiers NEF issus d’un D300s ou d’un D2Xs sont bienconvertis en DNG ??

Quelle solution pour continuer à travailler avec LR3 en important mes fichiers NEF D4 en DNG ?
    Une mise à jour de DNG converter ?

Merci pour votre aide.
    MP

30. Robert Fitzpatrick says:

When will Nikon D4 NEFs open in Adobe Camera Raw ?

31. Jay Atherton says:

Currently using the windows 7 / 64 bit version of CS5.1 and have uploaded the Camera Raw 6.7.3.0319 . . . When attempting to open an image in Photoshop from a new Nikon D4, I get the following error message ” can not complete request because the file appears to be a camera that is not supported . . .”. Any suggestions on what to do next?

32. Von Buzard says:

When I was using 6.5 and popped in my memory card, the Get Photos from Camera dialog box would open and already have the same settings as the previous use
    Folder to save to
    Which metadata template to use
    Delete files when done
    and so forth
    as well as remembering that I had used the Advanced dialog box previously

Now,as with 6.6, I have to add this info everythime I go to upload photos
    Windows 7 64 bit

33. tmaxr says:

Buggy garbage.

DNG Converter crashes and freezes, forcing a hard restart every time I try to use it. It has hidden corrupted prefs and extensions somewhere on my Mac that won’t let me replace them. It has never completed a single conversion job and has choked and died on batches as small as six Canon CR2

This seems to be a deliberate software bomb to force me to buy Lightroom.

34. Jim Michaels says:

yeah, it fails down the wire too.

35. Ron McKinney says:

How come nobody from Adobe responds to all these concerns? Does Adobe not care?

36. TONY says:

5d3

37. Nicholas Koh says:

Help. I can’t open my D800 NEF Raw file with my CS3.

38. yes it does support new Canon’s. Works pretty good actually. However I’m still not used to new set up how we can dial + or – values.

39. James Guentner says:

This website sucks! My god. Trying to fix a import isssue with raw in LR4.0 with Nikon D800 has sucked up hours of my time… without resolution.

40. yes it supports new 5d iii just fine

41. Pingback: Korte: Lightroom 4 bewerkingen in Photoshop CS5 openen | DIGITALE•FOTOGRAFIETIPS

42. VT says:

I bought a 5D mark III, but my CS5 suit cannot open the raw file. And the new Camera Raw 7 is not compatible to CS 5
    What can i do if i don’t want to upgrade my cs 5?

Help!!

43. dave says:

After installing the camera-raw 6.7 Elements-10 update, camera-raw is now missing from the list of plug-ins and I can’t open any NEF type files. Versuin 6.6 updated and worked fine.
    What causes this and how do you fix it???

44. Erik says:

Absolute bullshit that you have to upgrade to be able to view 5D MKIII files.

So that tells us that Adobe products are only good for a year or two, then you got to buy again, unless you want to stay in the dark ages of technology.

This smacks of pure manipulation. You sell a product but then don’t support it when upgrades are required to able to view the very objects you created your software to view, sis on you Adobe

I for one, and I will broadcast it widely, will now move away from Adobe, I will not be manipulated, read your constitution, freedom of speech….. what about freedom of choice

45. Pingback: Photohop ve Bridge RAW Dosyalarımı Açmıyor ! | Deniz Tokay

46. RB says:

Having bought a Canon G1X I find that I cannot open the RAW files in Elements 9. I understood that with this program regular updates would arrive automatically. Previously I have got so frustrated that I have had to buy the latest version of Elements at each camera change. Do Adobe continue to support earlier versions of their programs or are we all victims of an expensive rip-off? Trying to get help from Adobe is a totally time wasting process.

47. charissa townsend says:

PSE v9 ACR (6.5) won’t open up D800 nef files! Please updat ACR to recognize D800!!

48. hei, hvorfor får jeg ikke oppdater element 9 til raw for nikon D4.

49. I just bought a new Nikon D4 and own CS4 since only two years. I am extremely disappointed to discover that CS4 compatible version of ACR (latest: 5.7) cannot open raw files from this camera. One thing that is sure, is that I won’t upgrade my CS4 to CS5 or 6 now and rather will go for another software to work on raw, as Nikon Capture NX 2, if Adobe doesn’t upgrade ACR 5.7 for D4 support…

50. kent goessling says:

How can I open , Nikon 800 (.nef) files in elements 10?

51. I had to upgrade to Lightroom 4 and CS6

52. yuliang says:

i’m getting update not applicabe on cs5, is this right?