ACR 7.1 and DNG Converter 7.1 Now Available

Camera Raw 7.1 is now available on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Adobe Photoshop CS6. Camera Raw 7.1 adds new Defringe controls to help address chromatic aberration. Defringe is available as part of the Lens Correction panel. Camera Raw can also now read 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit HDR files. Supported HDR formats are TIFF and DNG.  Photoshop CS6 customers can upgrade to Camera Raw 7.1.  Customers of previous versions of Photoshop can utilize DNG Converter 7.1 for raw file support for newly added cameras.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 7.1

Lens Mount Lens Name
Canon Canon EF 35mm f/2
Canon Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Canon Tokina AT-X 107 AF DX Fish-Eye 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon Tokina AT-X PRO FX 16-28mm f/2.8
Canon Tokina AT-X PRO FX 17-35mm f/4
Leica LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH.
Nikon Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
Sony Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
Sony Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN
Sony Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN
Sony Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro

Camera Raw 7.1 Release Notes

These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 7.1:

• Keyboard shortcuts for the point curve channel on Windows were not functional.
  • Local corrections are not refreshing after applying lens corrections. This occurs on both TIFF and JPEG files with noise reduction disabled.
  • Point curve adjustments made to a single R,G, or B channels in the Tone Curve tab can be reset a channel curve is adjusted.
  • Photoshop and Bridge show different values for the image resolution in certain images. Photoshop and Bridge are not changing the image resolution, but displaying different values.
  • Applying keywords to multiple files can sometimes cause errors when writing the keyword metadata to file. This can occur when the “Save Image Settings in” preference within Camera Raw is set to the Camera Raw database.

Download Links:

Camera Raw 7.1 – Windows, Mac

DNG Converter 7.1 – Windows, Mac

26 Responses to ACR 7.1 and DNG Converter 7.1 Now Available

1. didisp says:

I can still kill 10 GB of RAM on my Mac Pro with Lightroom: I go to the very first picture of my 30.000 pictures library, hit the -> Button and scroll through the images. After a while all available memory is eaten up and does not recover.

Don’t you do the most basic testing?

2. Thank you for an update!

I’ll be happy to spread the word on my blog.

3. Mike says:

Not updated for those of us who bought in the Mac App Store.
    The standalone updater does not update it. Any news?

4. Ryan says:

So will the D800 work directly importing raw files to PS now, or does it have to use the DNG converter?

5. Richard says:

It seems that CR7.1 is now available for Photoshop CS5 also, when I go to Bridge CS5 and select Update, it runs Adobe Application Manager -> Updates, and shows the CR7.1 update. But states the following “Update to the Camera Raw plug-in that ships with Photoshop CS6. Adds raw support for new camera models.”

Is this as designed ? Should I mention this somewhere ? Where can I do that ?

I don’t have PSCS6 installed on this computer, only PS CS5 and LR4.1 …

6. Pyro451 says:

Two questions for Adobe support:

1. Is this compatible with Photoshop Elements 10?

2. Do I need to install this if I just installed LR 4.1?

Thank you!

7. Thanks, Adobe team, for a great product! I have a question about Lens profiles, I see that you added the recently announced Zeiss 15mm F2.8 lens but do not see the Zeiss 24mm F2.0 lens that was announced late last year on the list.

I have the Zeiss 24mm lens (ZE) and would like to know if the profile is available.

8. dawn says:

How can I get Lightroom3 to read my RAW files from the Canon 5D Mark III? My program tells me that LR is up to date. I’ve downloaded RAW 7.1 and it works for me in CS6 just fine.

9. Thomas Barr says:

I have found a problem editing a metadata field in Lightroom 4.1 on a Windows 7 64-bit PC.
    Background Info: I rented a D800, the rental company didn’t remove the previous renter’s configuration and business info. I missed one field, the “Image Comment” field in the Setup Menu. In Lightroom, the field is called “User Comment” and can be edited.
    I deleted the data and Lightroom displays the field as blank. After some adjustments I exported the file. While reviewing the exported file in Windows, not Lightroom, the file properties shows the original “Image Comment” data I deleted in Lightroom. I was able to delete the comment data in the exported file through Windows.
    Lightroom still shows the field to be blank.

Thought you might like to know, I couldn’t figure out the proper channel to provide feedback about this incident, I hope this is it.

Thanks.

10. Judith Brown says:

When I try ‘updates’ in CS5 or CS5 bridge, it tells me eveything is updated (= no giva no ACR7 with CS5 :( )

11. Denis says:

Thanks for sharing. Now I’d just wish +Adobe LR4 would also include the wide-angle correction tools from CS6… ;)

12. hair says:

camera raw is a photoshop plugin on steroids and takes advantage of newer features in photoshop. it’s not just a giant lookup table where you add a couple of entries every few months.

13. thomas says:

When will be a lens correction for Canon G1 X in Lighroom 4 available?

14. Rick says:

It seems that when I exports as a jpg file that and open in photo mechanic that the star rating is stripped from the file.

15. Guillermo Melenedez says:

I just installed Light Room 4 and does not read photos from a Nikon D800, i got a message to install a 7.1 plug in but this plug in does not have an option for LR 4.0
    How can I fix this problem?

16. Rob says:

“Keyboard shortcuts for the point curve channel on Windows were not functional ”
    That’s good to know, I’ve been missing the shortcuts.

17. john chapman says:

camera not listed in lightroom 4 (sony a33) need link or driver for tethering in lightroom

18. Curtis says:

I am using camera raw 7.1 but Lens Correction > Enable Profile Corrections > Lens Profile doesn’t have a drop down for Olympus, specially the 12-55mm Olympus MFT lens. Is this profile available?

19. Richard says:

When will support for the new generation of Sigma cameras be forthcoming?

It was understandable that the SD1 may not have had support at launch, but with the reduced cost of the SD1 Merrill and the newly launched DP2 Merrill, Lightroom/Camera Raw support for the 15.4Mp x3 sensor would be very welcome.

• Pete Green says:

No ETA on the next update Richard, thanks for checking in though. We’re working on it as fast as we can.
      We’ll make an announcement when we have more details!

20. Ali says:

It’s taken me a frustrating amount of time wandering round the site to figure out that the RAW update is only for CS6 users – and that those of us on CS5 (having spent all our money on shiny new cameras) will have to add the mildly annoying extra step of conversion to DNG if we want to Photoshop our files. That is, if I’m right, and not just confused…

• Pete Green says:

Yes, If you are not at current software version then using the DNG converter is the best step for working with the RAW files with the shiny new cameras

21. Tracy Jones says:

When I try to import to PhotoShop CS5.1 from Lightroom 4 I receive the message to update to Camera RAW 7.2. When I look for camer raw 7.2 all I find is 7.1. When I try to update CS5 to 7.1 I receive the message not compatible. I have camera raw 6.7 – what should I have on CS5.1 64 bit?

22. Tim says:

Thats brilliant support for the nikon macro lens will really help out

23. This is brilliant. Good insight as so many knowledgeable posts.