Camera Raw 7.3 and DNG Converter 7.3 Now Available

Camera Raw 7.3 is now available as a final release through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6.  The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Camera Raw.  Customers of previous versions of Photoshop can utilize DNG Converter 7.3 for raw file support for newly added cameras.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 7.3:

15. Pentax K-5 II
  16. Pentax K-5 IIs
  17. Pentax Q10
  18. Sony DSC-RX1
  19. Sony NEX-VG30
  20. Sony NEX-VG900

* Please note that preliminary support for Nikon D600 was available in Camera Raw 7.2  Full support for Nikon D600 was added in Camera Raw 7.3.

New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 7.3:

• Bridge is unable to show TIFF files

Download Links

Camera Raw 7.3 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6

DNG Converter 7.3 – WindowsMac

100 Responses to Camera Raw 7.3 and DNG Converter 7.3 Now Available

1. mormon says:

can you moron please make ACR available as download.. hell how often do we have to tell you that some of us have their system not connectted to the internet??

2. Tom Pouce says:

Is there a direct link to download Camera Raw 7.3 for Photoshop CS6?
    Best regards
    Tom

3. Hardy Cierlitza says:

What do you do if downloader doesn’t work from inside CS6? Error server busy or firewall issue meassage… Turned off firewall with no change

4. Chris D says:

Just updated camera raw to 7.3 in Photoshop CS6. I still cannot open raw files from my Nikon D600.

5. Chris D says:

Update on yesterday’s post, after researching this issue I discovered that there is an problem with using Nikon Transfer 1 and D600. Nikon Transfer will corrupt the RAW files (NEF) making it unusable with Adobe products. If you have a D600 DO NOT use Nikon Transfer.

6. Matt Snider says:

Please post the Photoshop CS6 Camera Raw 7.3 updater. My Adobe Updater does not download and install properly. And for that matter, my Adobe Bridge CS6 doesn’t work either. There are people out here who need the updaters posted.

7. Dave says:

I just updated to 7.3, but my Canon 6D’s CR2 Raw files are still not opening. Are you guys sure that 7.3 is compatible with Canon’s new 6D?

• Shannon says:

I have a 6D and CS6 at home and downloaded the update no problem, raw works fine. However, at work, I have CS5 and cannot get it to even download or open my raw files in any way. So aggravating.

8. Norman says:

I downloaded and installed Lightroom 4.3, then went to Photoshop CS6 to update Camera Raw. This seemed to work (it now says Photoshop is up to date) but Lightroom is still asking for Camera Raw 7.3?? Is this another Adobe release bug. I use Windows 8.

9. YC says:

In my PS6, the “Update…” option is grayed out… what should I do?

10. Chris Franson says:

I don’t understand why Adobe has made the deployment-unfriendly decision to hide the Camera Raw downloads. Please make direct downloads possible. There is no reasonable business case for this change.

11. bbronson says:

looking for appropriate support for Olympus E3?

12. Home Smith says:

Are you going to provide a Nikon D 600 Camera Raw for CS5, or we going to be forced to use DNG?

• Pete Green says:

For CS5 — you will need to use the DNG converter

• Ben Leder says:

I have the same situation (CS5 and Nikon D600). I would like to know if Adobe has any plan to rectify this problem (no support for Nikon RAW from D600 cameras). Otherwise, I want Adobe to buy back my Nikon D600.

• Barry says:

I have an old version of camera raw & a new Nikon D600. I found a current DNG converter, but I want to convert while uploading from my card reader as in the past. This converts to DNG’s but its a manual process & Raw will still not open NEF files. Will Camera Raw 7.3 work with CS4 & its associated version of Bridge ? I hesitate to download it so fast.

13. Ron says:

Please provide Camera RAW lens correction support for the Sony Alpha 99 with Sony Zeiss 24-70 f/2.8 SSM lens as well as the Sony 70-400 SSM G lens.

14. Walter Tinsley says:

Is camera Raw 7.3 compatible with LR 3.6?

15. Warren Kinsler says:

I have Photoshop CS5 and just purchased the Canon EOS 6d. Camera raw does not recognize my camera. How do I update camera raw to recognize my new camera. Please don’t tell me that I have to buy CS 6.

16. Bimal says:

Where the fuck is the download link for camera raw 7.3? The fucking mechanism in photoshop is disabled how the hell do i update this thing so i can open my 6D’s raw images. Where the hell is the download link for this?

17. Doug Reymore says:

I have Adobe CS5. I just purchased a Nikon D600, and cannot open the .NEF images. How do I get camera raw 7.3, and will that do the trick?

• Pete Green says:

CS5 will not be able to install ACR 7.3, but you can use the DNG converter to be able to use your new camera images with CS5 — http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/why-doesnt-my-version-of-photoshop-or-lightroom-support-my-camera.html#legacydng

• Jeff Kossoy says:

Personally, I don’t find this acceptable. I’m a photography major and I’m required in my classes to use the RAW in both the taking and the editing of my images. I don’t want to have to purchase a new version every time you come out with one and I purchase a new camera. Photoshop is a key tool for most photographers and if support is like this when we have to purchase a new camera, we might as well use Corel’s products. At least they will support the newer camera’s on previous versions of their software.

• james winters says:

I have similar feelings. I feel deeply concerned either with nikon or adobe. I don’t mean to be overly harsh but if they do not work together, they are junk. It has to work. If adobe can not support nikon then adobe should say in bold type: DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY NIKON PRODUCT. Both companies are playing dumb. The new d600 files are corrupt through nikon transfer. I’ll try directly dropping them from the card into CS6, but I may have lost all of today’s work due to “nikon transfer.”

• james winters says:

note #2, me again. Ok, I was kinda upset. I see where I did a “work around.” I had unchecked the box within nikon transfer so that it did not delete the files on the card. Also, the nikon d600 has two card slots. I will ditch “nikon transfer.” If I pull the files off the card and right into PS, it does work. PS version 14.1.2 CS6, the nikon d600 less than one week old. Today is the day after thanksgiving. Similar to the OP just above here, I’m with a university and I only want to operate through PS and via 14 bit raw files.

18. Rich says:

Great product. Thanks for making this available.

19. Matt Dawson says:

Would it be possible for you to post direct links for Camera Raw 7.3 as well, including for both the CS6 and PSE 11 versions of the plugins? Some users have been finding AAM doesn’t offer them the update and the Adobe Updates site doesn’t seem to have any record of the PSE versions of the Camera Raw updates.

20. alyssa says:

i did the photoshop CS6 update, but still not opening RAW files. Shows that i don’t need anymore updates/ but i can’t open them. I need the Camera Raw 7.3 update. is there not a link to it?

21. I understand that I can use the DNG conversion program, but not having the RAW update available for CS5 is not acceptable. Either make the update available (Don’t care if it’s beta either) for CS5 or free upgrade to 6. I’ve been a faithful Adobe customer since v3 (1996) but don’t hold me hostage because I bought a new camera. If you force me to, I will drop Photoshop like third period french, but would prefer not to.

Thanks Pete

22. glenn gordon says:

I’ve searched and tried uploading what I thought were fixes to the Raw conversion for CS5 for my Nikon D600 to no avail. Can someone help me with a link? I’m going in circles and getting no where. Thanks.

23. Janmark says:

can you post the link for photoshop camera raw plug-in 7.3

on adobe photoshop cs5

Please I really need it to be fully compatible with my photoshop lightroom 4

24. Tom says:

Can’t update to ACR 7.3, get error code U43M1D207, update failed.

25. knoxtn says:

Can I use DNG Converter 7.3 and PS4 for Nikon V1 and Nikon D600?

26. Ivan says:

I have a nikon camera D5200 isthere a raw converter for this using Adobe Elements 10

27. Neb says:

I purchased a 6D, only to discover that the .cr2 files aren’t supported by my CS5. I get that you can’t afford to support every legacy version of camera raw. Honestly, I still don’t buy your excuse. Adobe has supported slightly older versions of camera raw with updates in the past.

Right now, I can’t make .dng conversion fit my specialized workflow. It kills the import process, and has severely impacted my turn-around on animation and portraiture projects. I can’t work the way I need to. I’ve made my name as a photographer with your tools. I feel like that degree of interdependence deserves a certain amount of respect. Refusing to support a .cr2 update feels like a bit of a betrayal. You’ve already written the code, just port it already. If the .dng converter can work with the new format, then CS5 CR can be made to as well.

28. Van Cauteren says:

Download of DNG converter 7.3 does not work. Kindly have a look at this. tks

29. paul says:

Were’s Adobe when you need them, like on a Sunday afternoon with photos to finish before tomorrow! And no way to get Camera Raw 7.3 for my CS5 because I’ve been using a Canon 6D this week ……. BAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Dean says:

In Lens support above Sigma DP1Merrill is listed as supported (lens profile) and raw support for same camera isn’t supported by Adobe yet , which many including me waiting and ????-what is mean lens profile without raw support , also I tried to use it with *.tiff files from Merrill and it’s not listed at all?

31. Steve says:

I purchased PSE 10, and PSE 11 was released soon after. PSE 10 works fine for my Canon DSLR, but is there any way to use ACR 7.3 for my Canon G-15 with PSE 10. I tried DNG 7.3, but it tells me, incorrectly, that there are no files in any folder I might select for conversion.

32. Carl Bostek says:

I cannot open D600 NEF files. I have Photoshop CS5 Extended and I did download and install DNG Convertor 7.3, and rebooted the computer. I continue to get this error msg:

Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw.
    Please visit the Camera Raw help documentation for additional information.

Help!

33. Carl Bostek says:

I also tried importing the D600 NEFs using the conversion option with Bridge, but that failed as well.

34. Sally says:

I have Photoshop CS3 and Canon Rebel 3ti, using Windows 7. I just downloaded Adobe DNG Converter 7.3. I open it to try converting a raw image to DNG. Attempted to select a raw image, going to a few specific folders. None of the raw images appear in the selection window. I need a solution to convert raw files to DNG so use in Photoshop CS3 and Bridge.

35. Linda says:

I have successfully downloaded and installed the DNG Converter 7.3 to my Adobe program files. I have also converted some Nikon D600 NEF files to DNG but continue not to be able to open in camera raw of CS5 Extended. The message I get when I try to open is “Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of camera raw.” The DNG Converter 7.3 said that the files had been successfully converted to DNG. What do I do now?

36. Alireza says:

I have updated my lightroom from 4.2 to 4.3 and my camera raw is still 7.0
    I also use colourchecker and Adobe DNG Profile Editor for exporting .dcp files and copy to correct folder both in lightroom and ACR for my camera. I don’t know why it’s not visible anymore in my profiles :(

37. Richard says:

When will Camera Raw 7.3 be available for Elements? I can see NEF files from my Nikon D80, but not from my D600.

38. Ronel says:

Hi, I am having issues with my new Nikon D600.. have downloaded DNG converter 7.3, but will it work with photoshop CS4? not sure how to use the converter to change my files from RAW/NEF as I cannot open those files in photoshop?

39. Richard says:

I suppose I should be clearer . . . Will Camera Raw 7.3 (which supports Nikon D600) be made available for Photoshop Elements “9”?

40. Dorsey Davis says:

I am using CS5. I have just downloaded the latest DNG converter 7.3. The converter will not convert the raw files from my D600. It just sits there on one file saying its processing for 15-20 minutes without moving. If it should process a couple of files it then gives me a “corrupted file” error saying it cannot convert.

41. Michael says:

Why still no support for the amazing Sigma Merrill cameras?

42. john hargis says:

I recently went lightroom 4.3 and and I am using photoshopCS5. I also purchased a Canon 5d mklll. When I try to export an image to edit in photoshop from lightroom I get a message that says I need to download camera raw plug-in 7.3. From reading other comments here I’m not sure if that’s what I should do. Can you please help me out. It seems like the plug-in is for CS6.

43. Walter says:

After the installation of camera raw 7.3 I can’t use the raw file of a Nikon D800. The DNG can’t convert the raw files of a Nikon D800 as it shoot be. Are there any suggestion about how to fix it?

44. Walter says:

the sollution is to remove Nikon transfer and use Nikon Transfer 2. This is a direct fix for the problem

45. J. J. MAHANY Jr says:

Recently upgrade computer, now not able to open RAW files from my Nikon camera in CS5, how to I correct this, is there a specific download?
    Thanks

46. Jerry Bauer says:

I have a Canon 6D & use CS5. When do you expect to release the Camera RAW update for CS5? Thanks.

47. Pete matt says:

I have Photoshop Elements 9 it won’t recognize camera raw file from my D5200. I down loaded and installed DNG 7.3 but still won’t recognize it . any help with this

48. Pete matt says:

I just got PSE, put in 7.3 update and it doesn’t recognize my camera raw files from my Nikon D5200

49. njnjos says:

is’t possible to make update without internet if i carry this updates download from here… pls hlp me for this b’coz some raw images i can’t open so pls reply me …. @ (njnjos@rediffmail.com)

50. Jamie says:

I am looking to upgrade to Photoshop. I have a Nikon D600. If I purchase CS5, what do I need to do to be able to open RAW files in CS5? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the D600 is a new camera to me and I will be upgrading to Photoshop for the first time.

Thanks!

51. Chris Davies says:

I have a D600 and an old version of PS (CS3) so Up until now I’ve been using the DNG converter. I downloaded DNG 7.3 but it won’t recognize any Raw files on either my D600 & my D7000. When I try to access my cards DNG says there is nothing there and of course I have checked the discs and the pics are all there. I’ve downloaded and installed it twice and put it on 2 separate computers but to no avail. Anyone help?

Thanks, Chris.

52. Richard says:

Good luck on getting answers on this site. Last answer to anything was January 8. Not exactly helpful.

53. don says:

What about for CS5 or Light room?

54. Angel says:

I see a bunch of people have the same problem I do: I cannot open raw NEF files from my Nikon D600. I have CS6, but the 7.3 DNG plug-in does not solve the problem. What do I need? Please post an answer on this forum so others can benefit. Thank you.

55. charles says:

Adobe has the WORST website – horrid. Can’t find anything you want.

56. Bjarne Baun says:

I have just bought Canon EOS 6D and downloaded a trial version of PSE 11 However, this program can not open this type of RAW files. I have repeatedly tried to download updates via PSE 11, but there is no access to your server.
    What can I do?

57. lLucy says:

Hi, I am just about to buy the Canon 6d, but have been told that the raw files will not open in my photoshop CS4.
    So, I have downloaded, adobe DNG Converter_5_6 (i tried the more recent versions of the dng converters but they would not open on my mac).
    Will adobe DNG Converter_5_6, convert the raw files from the canon 6d.
    I was just about to buy my new camera and then came across this. It is such a headache, so if anyone can help `i would be grateful indeed!
    Thanks

58. Richard says:

Wow! Love the instructions:
    “Leave a Reply
    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *”
    Well guess what folks, answers will not be published either! What a joke.

59. Steve says:

Is there a way to get Camera RAW 7.3 working on CS3? I cannot enable update.

60. Hansjörg Stöffel says:

Camera Raw 7.3 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6

Wie geht das?
    Ich brauche das update für meine Canon EOS 6D!
    Vielen Dank für Ihre freundliche Hilfe.

61. I love gathering useful information, this post has got me even more info!

62. Fredy says:

It is time Adobe listened to its loyal clients. Not allowing Camera Raw 7.3 to work with PS5.1 is a sure-fire to piss most people off who have been using Adobe products since most your current numb-skull developers were in diapers.

Get with the program. Or else provide a free update to CS6… I will not buy CS6 for several grand just because I went to a 6D….

• Hi Andy, you don’t need to upgrade. Customers can use the free Adobe DNG converter for the very latest camera support in older versions of our products (all the way back to CS2). Details here: http://adobe.ly/ACRandDNG

• Bonnie Smith says:

I have had PSE10 for over a year and just purchased the Canon 6D…I got the DNG converter but that is one more step in editing. Why can’t you just let the raw files open in each program?

63. hair cuts says:

My name’s Roberto from Casalbuttano, Italia and I just wanted to tell you your article is really thoughtful. The clarity of your post is very good and I can suppose you are an authority on this subject. With your approval, would you permit me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with new articles? Thanks a ton and please carry on the great work.

64. I intended to send you one very little observation so as to say thanks a lot once again regarding the great
    pointers you have shown on this page. This has been really
    pretty open-handed with people like you to provide extensively what a lot of people
    might have supplied for an e-book to end up making some profit for
    their own end, chiefly considering the fact that you
    might have tried it if you desired. These strategies additionally
    acted like the good way to be sure that most people have
    the identical interest just like my personal own to find out a whole lot more in respect of this matter.

I’m certain there are a lot more enjoyable occasions up front for those who browse through your blog post.

65. Obviously citing the info I believe this because it is reality so it’s good seeing a poster thats posting it for all to review.

66. Amanda Rolleston says:

Help, I have just upgraded to Elements 11 and I use a NIKON D600 which requires Camera Raw 7.3 to open NEF files. On looking on this site it only mentions CS photo shop soft wear. What about my Elements 11? Can I upload the 7.3?

67. hacks says:

This tilt is just double-dyed. Each musician is postulated is just the like name on the roadsteads, trimming down everything on the cyberspace. At That Place are many different cracks with their pet film or cartoon fictional characters which aid them academically and even rich person confab feature films enables for better interaction. You do not blank out these plots as well consist of movie personalities or renowns from dissimilar fields.

68. Rusty Wright says:

I purchased PSE 10, and PSE 11 was released soon afterward. PSE 10 works fine for my Canon camera, but is there any way to use ACR 7.3 for my Canon SX-50 with PSE 10. I tried DNG 7.3, but it tells me, incorrectly, that there are no files in any of the folders I might select for conversion.

69. Azahar says:

Camera Raw 7.3 and DNG Converter 7.3 Now Available – helpful

70. Nigel banks says:

As adobe is hell bent of doing frivolous upgrades just to make another dollar, for all you Canon users, give the Canon Digital Photo Professional a try. It comes with each new version of their DSLR’s and G series cameras and has the latest raw software included. You will be surprised at how well it works and the conversions to either TIFF or JPEG can be opened in Your version of Photoshop.
    There are alternatives than to be forced by Adobe to use their own proprietary converter DNG.

Nikon users could use the Nikon Program, although Nikon will charge you for it unlike Canons freebee.

71. Gary says:

I have CSS4 which is an older version, obviously, and I need to work with raw images from a canon 6D so I bought elements 11, from apple’s app store. I went to adobe’s raw list and noticed that the 6D is one of the raw files it supports. But when I bought elements-11 it would not open the file. So I went back to adobe’s site noticed a newer raw update 8 I downloaded and installed that version and still will not open my raw file. Is there a solution here? Do I have to buy 12 what the heck…