Camera Raw 7.4 and DNG Converter 7.4 Now Available

Camera Raw 7.4 is now available as a final release through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6.  The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Camera Raw.  Customers of previous versions of Photoshop can utilize DNG Converter 7.4 for raw file support for newly added cameras.

Changes to Existing Camera Support:

Camera Raw 7.4  includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor. This specifically impacts the following cameras:

• Fujifilm X-Pro1 (*)
  • Fujifilm X-E1 (*)
  • Fujifilm X100S
  • Fujifilm X20

(*) Based on user feedback, the default sharpening amount applied to Fujifilm X-Pro1 and Fujifilm X-E1 raw files has been increased between Camera Raw 7.4 Release Candidate and the final Camera Raw 7.4 release.

Camera Raw 7.4 includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the EXR sensor. This correction applies only to raw images captured using the “EXR HR” mode with the following cameras:

• Fujifilm X10
  • Fujifilm XF1
  • Fujifilm X-S1
  • Fujifilm S200EXR
  • Fujifilm HS20EXR
  • Fujifilm HS30EXR
  • Fujifilm F550EXR
  • Fujifilm F600EXR
  • Fujifilm F770EXR
  • Fujifilm F800EXR

Adjusted Nikon default white balance for the following camera models:

• NikonD2X
  • NikonD2Xs
  • NikonD2Hs
  • NikonD200
  • NikonD40
  • NikonD50
  • NikonD80

- Fix default aspect ratio support for Fujifilm X-E1 raw files.

Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 7.4:

The following bugs that were part the Camera Raw 7 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Camera Raw 7 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:

• Improve interactive performance at intermediate zoom levels (e.g., 33% and 66%).
  • Remove strong color cast when converting images to grayscale.
  • Rendering of floating-point HDR images with unexpected embedded ICC profiles (non-linear gamma).
  • Ensure that local adjustments are synced properly when copying & pasting settings in Bridge.
  • Prevent point curve adjustments from disappearing off the top and bottom when using the arrow keys to adjust curve points.
  • Square tile artifacts while painting with local adjustment brush.
  • Grid overlay artifacts in Lens Correction panel when adjusting crop rectangle.
  • Shortcut (control-click, right-click) to adjust local adjustment brush size and feather size.
  • Local adjustment redrawing incorrectly after selecting a pin.
  • Redraw error with the noise reduction option-drag visualization.
  • Redraw error when local adjustment mouse over rollover mask, etc.
  • Crash when adding a custom input/output values in per-channel RGB point curves.
  • Color casts when using the Camera Calibration saturation sliders.
  • Line artifacts when processing floating-point images with a rotated crop.
  • Crash when using the local adjustment brush. This only occurs on images with a large number of local adjustments and on a system with limited RAM.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 7.4:

1. Canon EOS 1D C
  2. Canon EOS 100D (Digital Rebel SL1 / EOS Kiss Digital X7)
  3. Canon EOS 700D (Digital Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss Digital X7i)
  4. Casio Exilim EX-ZR700
  14. Hasselblad Lunar
  15. LEICA M (Typ 240)
  16. Nikon 1 J3
  17. Nikon 1 S1
  18. Nikon D7100
  19. Nikon Coolpix A
  20. Nikon Coolpix P330 (**)
  21. Olympus XZ-10

TAMRON SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di USD A007S Sony

Download Links

Camera Raw 7.4 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6

DNG Converter 7.4 - WindowsMac

71 Responses to Camera Raw 7.4 and DNG Converter 7.4 Now Available

1. edwards says:

me gusta usar adobe porke es bueno para areglar mis fothos y me encanta acer esto ok gracias

2. Thanks for the info, very useful Camera Raw !!

3. Superb piece of software, helps me create vibrant pics, converts dead images to stunning, wowsome images. Thx Adobe.

4. yumant says:

i want download. thanks

5. Andreas says:

Are you planning on raw-support for the Sigma DP Merill cameras?

6. Courteaux says:

No micro four third mount lens inside this update as usual.
    I am not sure to decide for for LR 4.4 now, my Olympus E-M5 is not well supported by LR 4.3.
    Any plan to better support Olympus OM-D and micro four third lenses in the future LR 5.0?

• Don says:

The m4/3 cameras and lenses are software adjusted in the cameras therefore things like enable lens profiles won’t work.

7. 김영섭 says:

감사합니다.

8. Roman says:

The profile for the Nikon D600 camera both in last release 7.3, and in new 7.4 doesn’t work correctly.
    According to the reference there is a post in LJ with the description of this problem below. http://ru-lightroom.livejournal.com/222608.html

9. Simone says:

Hello – I tried updating my CS6 but it tells me CS6 is uptodate but my Camera Raw is still a previous version. Not sure how to get this update for CS^.

10. Carol Smith says:

I have never been able to successfully use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6. I always use the manual update process. Could you provide a link for the Camera Raw 7.4 download?

11. CE SONG says:

I use CS6. I check for updates within photoshop Cs6, but the adobe application manager from CS6 keeps telling me there is no update to be downloaded… I have ACR 7.3 at the moment, and I need the 7.4 update because my new camera is supported only in 7.4 …

12. Ivan says:

i used the update mechanism in CS6. They say my ACR is up to date but it is still 7.3, I need 7.4 for Fujifilm x100s. Help

13. Sven says:

Hi,

I’ve tried to update Photoshop CS6 both on Windows and Mac computer but the update keeps telling me “there are no updates”. Is there any chance to download Camera Raw 7.4 directly?

Kind regards

Sven

14. Jim Fesler says:

I’m importing DNG copies of Nikon D7100 files from a memory card, nto Lightroom 4.4 with the new RAW converter. I realize the files are big but it’s taking 30 second PER FILE to import. I have a Mac with 8GB memory, and plenty of disk space. Any ideas how to speed this up? Thanks

15. amanda says:

Hi, is this a free update? If so how do I do this.
    Amanda bartolic

• Sandy Trotter says:

I have c s 5, and lightroom 4, can I download version 7.4 to my photoshop c s 5, if so is it a free download, thanks

16. Russell says:

Funny, my PS CS6 won’t let me upgrade via update. Oh that’s right, my editing machine is not connected to the net. Why do companies expect every computer to be connected to the internet? How do i download the new ACR as a separate file please (like in the good old days, what harm did that use to do)?

17. Uri baruch says:

Yesterday I attempted at installing the new camera raw updates for Lightroom and Photoshop. I have fully licensed Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 with recently installed , also fully licensed , Nik software plugins.
    The Lightroom update was successful with ACR updated to Version 7.4 , while the Photoshop update, although, seemingly completed successfully, did not result in updating Photoshop and/or ACR – both remained in their previous versions. When I tried to use the update tool again in Photoshop I got a notice that the software is fully update. However, when I switch from Lightroom to Photoshop in Develop mode I get an ACR incompatibilty notice.
    Thanks for your help
    Uri

18. Ray Robles says:

Is there a link to download Camera Raw 7.4 manually for those that dont have CS6 in an internet connected PC.

Thanks

19. R. King says:

is there no support for the Olympus em5 for camera raw or DNg converter?

20. Martin says:

Can we also expect a Camera Raw release for CS5?

21. Lance Evingson says:

For two days running now the update mechanism for Camera Raw FAILS! I need this update. I was of course able to download & install DNG Converter 7.4, but by not allowing one to download a separate file we are then at the mercy of some application that is buggy?! and can’t get the job done. Why complicate this??? Please fix ASAP.
    Thanks for your time & attention,
    Lance (needing the updated Fuji converters…)

22. Lance Evingson says:

Sorry, can’t install DNG Converter 7.4 either as after 2 separate downloads both files gave error message as corrupt….

23. Alexander Lambert says:

I have photoshop CS 6 and am trying to download the CR v7.4 via the update mechanism in CS6, I have tried 3 times and get an error each time as it doesn’t appear to be available by the old route, what do I do now?

24. Edmund Lee says:

Camera Raw 7.4 fails to install for me via the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 version 13.0.1 x64. This message results:
    “Photoshop Camera Raw 7.4
    “There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D204″
    This happens consistently. I cannot find the update anywhere that I could download it manually. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Ed L

25. Albert says:

Is there any way to subscribe to this blog by email? I just want to have a way to know when new ACR/LR versions are released, but for some reason I can’t find any option to subscribe by email (or any other medium).
    Yes, there are other places that offer the same information, but what I like about the LR journal is that it’s uncluttered and straight to the point, no useless posts, etc., just the info I want about new versions.
    Thanks for any answer, should there be any.

26. Ted says:

Will Camera Raw 7.4 work with PS CS 5.5? How do you update if so? My system shows no updates available and v6.7.0.339 is current.

• Sharad Mangalick says:

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your comment. Camera Raw 7.4 is an update to Photoshop CS6 and is not compatible with CS 5.5.

27. Terry says:

I downloaded 7.4 but now the DNG converter will not see my NEF files either on the camera’s card or if I transfer them to the hard drive. When I select the source directory to convert, it shows an empty directory instead of the photo files. 7.3 worked fine.
    Camera is Nikon D90, Windows 7 Pro.

28. Veysoft.com says:

Great article , Camera Raw 7.4 is very useful.

29. Jay says:

Another vote for a direct download link as I get stuck on “Waiting to install” and the Adobe Support team couldn’t fix my issue after a few attempts. Help?

30. Bengt Roar Kiil says:

acr 7.4 missing lens profiles!.. wow, the computer is a fresh install of Mountain Lion, ps cs6 with all updates. I am unable to use the autocorrection for lens profiles. Any clues? (I am able to tick but acr is unable to indentify the setup of cameramake and lens)

31. Bengt Roar Kiil says:

Correction. It seems like the combo Canon EOS 30D and 18-55 IS is gone, Nikon D7000 and Sigma 17-70, and 5D Mark III and Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 DG hsm

32. Mona says:

I have a new Nikon D7100 – and Photoshop CS5 – Please confirm that you will be updating CS5 to allow raw files form the Nikon D7100. If so, when – like everyone else there appears to be confusion over what to do. Is there a link to download the Adobe DNG Converter 7.4 that works?

Please let me know what I need to do read the raw files. Thanks

• Sharad Mangalick says:

Photoshop CS5 does not have support for the Nikon D7100. Please download the DNG Converter 7.4 in order to use Nikon D7100 with Photoshop CS5.

• Jayson Aglubat says:

all you have to do is to open Adobe Photoshop, on the Toolbar go to Edit/Preferences/Camera raw and you’ll see the general tab, go to JPEG and TIFF Handling on JPEG bar select “Automatically open All Supported JPEG” and on TIFF bar select “Automatically open all Suported JPEG” ; then select a picture to open and open it with Adobe Photoshop; so here it is below the box click the “SAVE IMAGE” then you’ll se the file extension is .dng and don’t change it if its already a .dng instead click save.. so the file you’ve chosen is already a copy as dng format..
      Good Luck..

33. Terry says:

I have a new Nikon D7100 and run Lightrrom 4 and Photoshop CS6 on the adobe cloud. I have uninstalled Photoshop and shut down the computer and reinstalled Photoshop. Photoshop shows ACR 7.4 but can not open my NEF files. Can anyone help ?
    I run a iMac with 32GB of ram.

• Martin says:

I have the exact same problem, running on Mac OS 10.6.8.
      D7100
      CS6
      Lightroom 4
      ACR 7.4
      Can not open NEF files.

34. Thanks for finally talking about > Camera Raw 7.
    4 and DNG Converter 7.4 Now Available < Liked it!

35. Ron Jansen says:

Anybody know why Adobe DNG Converter 7.4 doesn’t recognize the raf files from a Fuji X20? Please help me out.

36. Jayson Aglubat says:

I use Sony Exmor DSC-HX30V there’s no camera raw, it takes a photoshop to open as camera raw and convert to DNG. it takes a bit of time; anyway and somehow it can help and I see the difference of DNG to JPEG the color calibration and other photo effects looks better if the format is DNG

thanks a lot..

37. Cathy Graham says:

I cannot get the Camera Raw 7.4 to download. Consistently get an error message with a code that reads U44M1I210. Please get this fixed asap. I am getting the same error code for anything to do with CS6 including Bridge Infrastructure, Toolkit 3.5.1.

I am using a Canon 5D Mark III and cannot do any RAW processing now.

Please advise!! Thank you.

38. john says:

I have a new Canon 100D. I try to open RAW file but not recognised. I need update 7.4 but where is this available – seems not to work properly?? Please help. Professional photographer in trouble!

39. Gary says:

Joining the long line of folks who have a Nikon D7100, shooting RAW, and need ACR 7.4 to work with CS5. Converting single files one at a time to DNG is tedious and not profitable.
    Please give us an estimated timeframe for the release of a working update. A ballpark guess, at the least.
    Thank you.

40. Bill Rich says:

I have a Canon 700d and have (today May 10th 2013) downloaded the Adobe DNG converter 7.4 to convert RAW files to DNG. I get the message “The source folder does not contain any supported camera RAW files”.
    I have tried the same converter with older 400d RAW files and it works, so I am using the correct method to convert – I hope.
    Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

41. Dave says:

Not a smart revnue enhancing move giving away the new camera profiles for free in the DNG converter, but witholding them from paying Photoshop and Lightroom customers. Does not really engender trust. Considering that I now have 3 options, all which involve painful and expensive changes to my workflow, forced upon me by Adobe should I 1) Upgrade to ADOBE Photoshop CS6, 2) convert my NEF to ADOBE DNG or 3) do business with some other company making RAW converters that has NOT set the precedent that every new camera might require a workflow change.

42. jeremy says:

i just got the canon t5i and i was wondering if there was a way to get the raw files to just show up and load automatically like the t4i update. only reason i ask i because i have to convert all my files when i load them onto my computer to use them in cs6 . so if i could get some help with this issue that would be amazing thanks . :)

43. James Baird says:

I have spent a couple of hours or more online with an Adobe tech running my Mac Os 10.8.3 and not able to install Camera RAW 7.4 as a downloaded file. Latest Friday was the tech just left me – asked for a couple of minutes and never came back. I have created a new machine, logged out and then logged into the new machine, installed photoshop cs6. The update is greyed out. Tried to install the downloaded Camera RAW 7.4 installer and got the usual error msg for a failed install. This is probably the fifth time I have done reinstalls, etc. on the main machine and the newly created machine all to no avail. I don’t think Adobe can fix this.

James Baird
    Prof Chem Brown University

44. Adam says:

Where can I manually download ACR 7.4 manually as >help>update CS6 does not work. Another professional left in the ???? with 6D raw files I can’t do anything with.

45. cbrukin says:

I am worindering if the new camera raw update has addressed the bug in opening raw files in bridge. The message is Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this….

• Have you tried launching Photoshop and restarting your computer?

• cbrukin says:

Yes I did. I have read about this in the forums and I have tried to re install. but nothing seems to work, Just last week I installed the 7.1 camera raw thinking that would correct the bug. It is described as a bug by many with the same problem.

46. TomD says:

the update seems to be available in the update function for for my english PS CS6 client only.
    on my PS CS6 installation on my german OS and with the german version of PS CS6 the update is not provided.
    As my Adobe Lightroom 4.4 (german) requires Camera Raw 7.4 when exporting files to PS CS6 I always receive a warning now.
    When will Camera Raw 7.4 be deployed to german versions ?

47. Matthew says:

I downloaded the trial version of Elements 11. Under Plug-ins, Camera Raw is version 7.1.0.354 and Updates lists all of my applications as up-to-date. I can’t figure out how to get Raw 7.4 and open my SL1 cr2 files and don’t know whether this is a problem with Elements 11 or just the trial version. Help!

Matthew

48. Bob Brown says:

I’m on camera raw 7.4.0.137 and when I try to open raw files from a new nikon d7100 which is supposed to be supported I get ht “photoshop cannot open this file” I’m running CS6 64 bit. I’ve uninstalled Photoshop twice already this afternoon and I even tried installing the raw 8.1 beta but still cant get raw files to open. Anybody got any ideas?

49. Bob Brown says:

Found the answer on another post. I was using an older version of Nikon transfer and there was the problem. Thanks to forum members for solving my problems :)

50. John in Black Hawk says:

I can’t get ACR 7.4 to work at all. I get a message that it is not compatible…but nothing about just what it’s not compatible with…cute. I have CS5 and am using a new Nikon D7100, but Photoshop won’t play nice! Looks like the only tool out there to handle the “new” camera raw is Capture 1 Pro 7 or Capture 1 Express 7. Sorry Adobe, but you guys have really screwed this one up and I’ll vote with my wallet and spend my money with Source 1 Software so I can actually see the RAW files which you had promised would be handled with ACR 7.4. Maybe folks with the need will follow me over to Capture 1 V-7…I’m just sayin’.

51. with regards , I need darkroom software for my fujifilm x-pro 1

52. I have not been able to find the download for photoshop camera raw plug-in 7.4. Above it says to find the download in PS6. I have PS5. Please help!! I need the mac version.

53. Judy Madden says:

Unfortunately DNG Converter 7.4 does not convert raw files (NEF) from my D7100. It does not seem to interface with CS5 either. Is there a solution (I was going to say another soclution, except that this is not a solution.)

54. Using ACR 6.7 with CS5 and Canon 1DIIs. I have a batch of conversions all suffering from “grid artefacts” after using lens correction. This does not show until I have processed using masks and layers but cannot be pinpointed (by me at any rate) to any one process. It would appear that my way forward is to update photoshop and ACR – this bugis PROBABLY the one listed in ACR 7.1 fixes. Or I never use Lens correction in ACR (pity) . It will probably take a full day or more to reprocess and dust spot the current batch as there seems no way to undo the lens correction adjusts. Seems odd behaviour to leave purchasers with a known bug: ie no fix available for the buggy version purchased.

55. Judy McGowan says:

How so I download the Camera Raw update for CS6? I can’t find it on the site.

56. WOW! Remarkable and well deserved.

57. tony says:

how do install new to cs 5 as i can not get to install on my macbook pro

58. hennie koenen says:

I just bought a D7100, and tried to convert RAW files. But the converter does not see the RAW files. How can I convert them?