Lightroom 5 Now Available!

The Lightroom team is proud to announce the available of Lightroom 5.  A number of you downloaded Lightroom 5 beta and we are thankful for the overwhelming feedback and suggestions that you’ve provided.  We’ve made over 400 tweaks since releasing Lightroom 5 beta, many of which are directly attributed to your feedback in our public forums.  Thank you.

Lightroom 5 is now feature complete and final.  Lightroom 5 will be available for $149 (for those new to Lightroom) and $79 (for Upgrade and Student/Teacher editions).  As with previous version of Lightroom, Lightroom 5 is a perpetual license.

Download Lightroom 5

Get Started with Julieanne Kost’s fantastic video tutorial series

Get help with Lightroom 5

Changes since the public beta:

• Share your photos using the Behance Publish Service
  • Expanded the range of Radial Filter’s feather slider
  • Over 400 bugs found and fixed! (Thank you Lightroom 5 beta customers!)

New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.0

• Hasselblad H5D-60
  • Olympus PEN E-P5
  • Olympus PEN E-PL6
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LF1
  • Phase One IQ260*
  • Ricoh GR
  • Sony DSC-RX1R (RX1R)**
  • Sony DSC-RX100M2 (RX100 II)*  **

* denotes preliminary support
**Support for these models was not listed in the original blog post

Tethered Support – New Cameras

Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN A013   Olympus, Sony
Zeiss Apo Sonna T* 2/135 ZE          Canon
Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 ZF.2          Nikon
Zeiss Touit 1.8/32          Sony
Zeiss Touit 2.8/12          Sony

Known Issues

• Fullscreen Mode does not show the next image in your selection. This occurs only when you have selected a series of images before entering Fullscreen mode.
  • Video playback is not currently supported in Fullscreen mode.
  • There is no error message informing that offline photos and videos are not exported to slideshows.
  • The slide after a video clip is often not shown.  This only occurs when using the Manual Slideshow feature.
  • Custom slideshow templates will default to 480×270 on export. This only impacts custom slideshow templates created in previous versions of Lightroom.
  • The slideshow appears as a black screen occasionally.  This only occurs when a video file is chosen as the first slide.
  • Star ratings cannot be applied while previewing or viewing a Slideshow.
  • Deleting a book in the Book Module may occasionally cause another book to disappear.
  • XMP metadata changes are not automatically written to file when the original file is offline.
  • Canon cameras are not detected when using Tethered Capture in Windows 8.  This only occurs on Windows 8.
  • Offline photos go missing from Lightroom when moving folder of images to a different volume.
  • GPS metadata on videos created on an Apple iPhone is not imported.
  • Basic metadata is not imported with video files.  This only occurs when imported directly from the camera.   As a workaround, please copy the files from camera to your harddrive and then import into Lightroom.
  • When utilizing the “Merge to HDR” feature with Photoshop, the resulting HDR image contains metadata from the last selected photo.
  • Photos adjusted using Process Version 2003 incorrectly display a “Post Crop Vignette: Paint Overlay” History step. Selecting a subsequent History State can reset existing settings that follow that state in the History panel. This reset cannot be undone, effectively deleting any settings that have been applied after the selected History State. This only occurs with images adjusted in PV2003.
  • Images exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings.

Thank You!

104 Responses to Lightroom 5 Now Available!

1. nougatmachine says:

The Mac App Store still has Lightroom 4 right now. Will Lightroom 5 be available to purchase via the Mac App Store in the future?

2. Jussi Pernaa says:

Any plans to update the supported for tethered shooting -list?
    D7100?

3. Sam says:

I just bought Lightroom 4 less than 2 weeks ago. Is there any chance people in my situation would get a free upgrade to Lightroom 5?

4. Jussi Pernaa says:

Installation via Adobe Application manager doesn’t go to location set in preferences. The program installs on default “program files….” folder. This is bad for us with ssd’s dedicated to os. System: win7.

5. Paul Sapiano says:

Great, I literally just bought LR 4 Full, it’s winging its way to me right now and now LR 5 is released!

6. Aurius says:

just installed it in trial mode, upgraded from lr4 catalog and it seem’s noise cleaning and output sharpening isn’t working. is this trial limitations or what?

7. Sebastian says:

Yeaahh!

I like the new fullscreen-function. And of course the repair tool.

Regards from Germany,

Sebastian

8. Joerg says:

Great to see that there is still a paid version of LR5, please ADOBE keep it this way, otherwise this will be the last version I will every buy…

• Not sure if serious or trolling :/ …. so… you mean that in the future, you won’t buy it if it is not a paid version? hmmm…. I guess I will also wouldn’t pay for it if it wasn’t a paid version… just saying…

• John Kahler says:

I believe they mean rather than available only through creative cloud. Since I often use Lightroom on a laptop in the hinterlands or old buildings like churches (electricity maybe, connectivity not) and like to work on images as soon as I finish a shoot, I understand the concern.

• CeeJay says:

I am with you on that. It also means you can never stop subscribing,

TIP: Do not safe any files in DNG, in the event you want to stop subscribing to Adobe. Also you will loose any updates you may have done in CC.

I think it is a joke!

It maybe that in the future Adobe will introduce a dual system, but they will make sure the purchased version will be so expensive, you cant afford it.

• Ken Parker says:

He means not a CLOUD version with monthly payments, Like Photoshop is now.

• CeeJay says:

I am with you on that Joerg, but sadly Adobe has us in handcuffs, as they will not update LR5 not even bug repairs so you hjave to live with all the bugs in LR5. I so regret having upgraded to 5

9. Jeff Lawson says:

When will the new Nikon AF-S 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G be supported?

10. Dan says:

Man, for some reason when I am trying to import from my card, it is now painfully slow. Just upgraded to 5 so i’m sure it’s related. Nothing else has changed. Takes minutes just to see previews of the RAW files from the card in the import dialog.

11. Jo says:

don’t ask adobe 4 lens support… – use the best tool ever: ptlens

12. Loving it so far, especially radial filters.

BUT, what’s with the new behavior of fullscreen? Strongly dislike that. Strongly.

I want to be able to toggle between LR as a smaller window on the desktop and then a fullscreen *workspace* when I hit the F key. Unless I’m missing something, the new behavior just treats fullscreen as a *viewer*.

Now, to go between a smaller LR, where I can see my desktop and other things–Photoshop for example!–that are active in my workflow, I have to manually grab the corner of LR with the mouse and stretch it? No way! Lame!

Can we please have a preference setting that allows the old behavior?

13. Lauren MacIntosh says:

Has any one written anything about correcting screwed up catalogs, My catalog is 3.2.2 but running LTRM 4.4 : That’s me for you

• Pete Green says:

Holt Option/alt when starting Lightroom, then select your catalog, and click the check box “Test integrity of this catalog”

14. Jon says:

What’s the download size to upgrade lightroom 4 to lightroom 5 on windows

15. Brad Jolly says:

I purchase/downloaded and installed LR5 today. I love the new features, but when I export files to JPG, and apply sharpening for the screen set at high, the images are not near as sharp as they were under LR4, set the same exact way. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I have the same file exported using the same export preset from both LR4 and LR5, and there is a visible difference in the sharpening. I even have the JPG quality set to 100. Very strange! Help Adobe!!!

• Pete Green says:

A bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

• Hans K. Aspenberg says:

What about a hotfix? I just upgraded my main computer and library (50000+ pictures) to LR 5.0 and did import a couple of hundred pictures over the weekend, and then detecting this flaw doing the export…. I can go back to LR4, but then all the work I put into adjusting the last lot has to be redone…. Disappointed!

16. Daniel says:

What does that mean tethered support for the Nikon D600? I don’t understand that expression.

17. John says:

What about lens profile support for recent Nikon 1 lenses?

18. Lars Sidenius says:

I cannot find any Zeiss lenses in the lens corrections drop down list. Can anybody help?

19. Klaus says:

It is frustrating reading all these issues on a 1 day old software.

Looks like customers are paying and performing the tests. Apparently Adobe spends more time advertising their CC as providing users with software free of major bugs.
    I’m just cancelled my order.

20. Klaus says:

As I wrote, I cancelled my order. And I am not willing to do the field tests. At least not on a Beta cause I was expecting a review copy after a beta. Unfortunately it looks one have to pay for the RC.

I had so much trouble with slow response and delays when moving from 3.6 to 4.0, therefore I am not willing to run in a similar scenario when going to 5.0. Reading the known issues and the warning issued by JFriedl I decided to wait for at least 5.1 or skip the 5 (as a CS6 user I have all the new features in a better version)
    BTW I’m using LR since 1.4 and in my opinion the qulity of the finals get even more worse.

• Brian says:

Klaus, I too have become disillusioned with Lightroom since version 4 (been using since version 1.x as well). Performance issues for me have been so bad that I haven’t processed anything for almost a year. Lucky for me I’m not a professional or I’d have bailed a long time ago, but I’ve been itching to process my backlog of photos and am so tired of waiting for an unresponsive Adobe. The performance issue is particularly bad for me because I do lots of processing on each photo.

Didn’t think it would come to this, but I’m actually starting to look at competitors’ products. I have spent MANY hours trying every possible “fix” suggested to no avail. I strongly suggest that Adobe assign some developers to use the Windows Performance Toolkit to do some in-depth performance analysis. It’s a tool that I use at work which provides extremely helpful insight into application performance bottlenecks.

• Pete Green says:

Have you given LR5 a try yet Klaus or Brian?

You can download the trial and use it for free to see if it performs well on your system. We have many reports of users saying it’s loads faster than LR4 was for them.
        Get the 30-day Free trial here: http://adobe.com/go/trylightroom

If you haven’t seen these articles yet, we have created a couple documents that can help you optimize LR on your system as well… http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-to-fix-most-issues.html#Performance

• Klaus says:

@Pete,
          Using the Trial would not be a problem but I do not want to do my work twice. Is there a way to revert my LR5 catalog back and use it under LR4 without loosing changes in case I am disappointed? In order to perform a meaningful trial I have to use my working catalog wich contains a huge amount of pictures. Doing trials with only a few makes no sense at all. (my opinion)

Pete, I’m angry reading the release notes there are major issues “like non sharpened and noise reduced when reducing size during export” for example. Why does Adobe release products as a final with (major) issues like this?
          I wonder why Adobe went from Beta to final without providing RC and fixing the known issues. I’m decided to wait for a 5.1 at least. Nevertheless I’ll will have a closer look at the performance guide you wrote.

@Brian I am also searching for competitive products but haven’t found one yet. Will start evaluating Capture one probably next week. But evaluating is a time consuming process and I wish Adobe gets the issues fixed soon.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Klaus,

When you install and run LR5 the first time, it will ask to convert your LR4 catalog. This conversion will leave your old LR4 catalog and create a duplicate to be used with Lightroom 5.

This LR5 catalog will not be able to be used with Lightroom 4, if attempted you will get a message: The Lightroom catalog named “[yourcatalogname]” cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different catalog?

As far as the release, with any new code added there is potential for things to break or bugs to form. They of course are never intended, but we can only fix them when we become aware of them. We will be releasing an update to fix the sharpening/NR issue as soon as possible.

Regards

• Marcel Farge says:

Klaus,
            You may want to try capture one pro … They offer a 60 days trial period.
            I jump the ship (LR5)

• Kimmie says:

Hi All! The website listed is for my Music website because my photography site is a work in progress but the URL is http://www.kapturedbykimmie.com

Prior to upgrading to LR5 I used a combination of 3 products.
            1. LR4
            2. onOne Perfect Photo Suite 7 Pro
            3. If needed (which was rare) Photoshop Elements 11

With the above previous setup I used LR4 mainly for minor things that only took a few minutes in LR4 then I exported full size and imported into onOne Perfect Photo Suite 7 Pro to do the good stuff and create amazing post production photos.

For those looking for an alternative or an addition you should check out the onOne software it is amazing software.

Since upgrading to LR5 I have to admit it is a lot slower than LR4 to load and without some good presets and brushes it is a joke compared to LR4 so I purchased SLR Lounge Presets & Brushes which makes LR5 much more valuable as a tool. LR5 is not only slower it crashes and I do not think LR4 ever crashed on any of my machines. The full screen isn’t an issue you can have it open not using full screen just as LR4 worked, its somewhere in the settings.

With all the bugs and issues with LR5 there are just as many good new features which in many cases renders having to use Photoshop a non issue. I however still use onOne Perfect Photo Suite 7 Pro for finishing touches on most images.

All in all I am not unhappy with the upgrade however if Adobe does not plan on doing any upgrades/bug fixes OR has no plans of selling LR as a standalone without the cloud then LR5 will be the last version of LR I buy.

For those interested in onOne Perfect Photo Suite 7 Pro here is the link to check it out…

• Brian says:

Pete,
          Yes I did try LR5 and went through the troubleshooting steps in the link you provided. It’s still unusably slow. I’ve gone through all those steps and more before in the past with various versions of Lightroom and nothing has ever gotten the performance even close to what it was before LR4.

• Ivar says:

Hi Pete,
          referring to your comment made at June 12, 2013 at 11:50 am
          “We will be releasing an update to fix the sharpening/NR issue as soon as possible”

Any update or estimate, half a month has passed meanwhile?

Thanks,
          Ivar

21. Jess says:

Any plans to replace LR 4 with LR 5 in the Apple Apps Store?

• Pete Green says:

Hi Jess, you can upgrade, here’s how: helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/upgrade-mac-app-version-lightroom.html

• Jess says:

That is not quite the situation I am in.
        I currently have 2 copies of LR4 that I bought as stand alone apps. To upgrade both of them I believe I need to buy two LR5 upgrades for at total of $158.
        But if I can buy LR5 via the Apple Apps Store for $149 and install it on multiple machines I am saving a few bucks. Granted not much, but buying it via the Apps Store allows me to put it on multiple devices.

22. Wilson Apollo says:

I am a CC subscription member and the Adobe Application Manager continues to report that I am up to date with all the apps, including Lightroom 4. Why won’t it notify me of the newly released Lightroom 5? When will I get the updated version??

23. Chuck M says:

Can I skip the upgrade to Lightroom 4 and go from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 5?

cm

• Sharad Mangalick says:

Yes Chuck. You can upgrade to Lightroom 5 from any previous version of Lightroom.

Thanks,
      Sharad

24. Ade Osmant says:

How long have you had LR5 in beta?

And yet once again the new release is full of bugs and errors and we as customers are expected to wait to so you can sort out a patch, when are you going to sort this out?…..Who knows?

Once again Adobe has jumped the gun with another defective product that won’t do what it’s supposed to do and yet fully expect it’s customers to pay for the privilege!

25. Stephen S says:

Still only installs to default folder on C: drive. What about users of SSD on C:? Must be able to install on another drive.
    This does seem to be a very basic mistake. Any news on fix?

• Jussi Pernaa says:

I found a way to install to another drive:
      1) Download the standalone version and install it to directory specified in CC settings.
      2) Install from CC.

Nice to do Adobe’s work…

• Vicki Moritz says:

Has anyone with the cloud version worked out how to install on another drive. If I download a standalone version it asks for a serial number- which I nl onger have, only a membership number. I’ve set the CC preferences to download to h: – SSD where all my adobe programs reside. It installs the “Install lightroom 5″ file to h:, then promptly installs LR5 onto the boot drive. Nothing I seem to do changes this!!!
        I want to download Photoshop CC but I’m not game to do this until I know it will install where I want it
        Adobe suggested a make an entirely new user and try to install it that way. So when I want to use LR I have to log in as another user??? Who said they were doing Adobes testing for them???

Any ideas please? My boot drive is an SSD and won’t fit LR for long despite the catalogue and presets being on other drives

26. Jason O'Berry says:

Have the info overlays (Preset and printer information) been removed from lr5 print module. I’m constantly switching between printers and presets, so I find this info invaluable to help keep errors and waste down. The menu item “Show info overlays” is still there but does nothing. Please bring this back.

27. Ul Mahr says:

@ Pete Green
    Hi Pete, I have LR 5 beta installed and want to buy a full version of LR 5. Can I install it over the beta or do I have to uninstall the beta first? I am new to LR and for some reason I did not find any information about this topic, neither on adobe.com nor elsewhere. Can you help?

28. Daneel says:

Lightroom 5 FINAL….PROBLEM…when you ATTEMPT to “Edit In” anything that has to do with Photoshop CS6 it opens the image in the 32 bit version of Photoshop CS6 NOT the 64 bit version…CLEVER?…I don’t think so. When will this be fixed?

29. Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I’m going to revisit yet again since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

30. Mike says:

Perhaps this isn’t the right place for this question, but I’m going to ask anyway. I’m trying to figure out if LR5 Upgrade for Windows is for sale on Amazon… the only one I can find there is a boxed copy and it says only Mac OSX. So I’m wondering, is this product listed incorrectly (i.e., it’s actually for both Windows and Mac), or is there any plan to release the Windows upgrade version for sale on Amazon in the future? I would buy it direct from Adobe but I have reward points for Amazon and I’d like to use them. It seems strange that there is no Windows version available on Amazon.

31. I currently have LR 4 and Photoshop CS5. At this time I only want to upgrade to LR 5. Will I have access to the latest Camera RAW version and be able to use all features including the Develop module, as well as Merge to Panorama and HDR if I don’t upgrade PS too? I can’t find that info anywhere on the Adobe pages. Thanks.

32. Becky Young says:

Hi: I’m a creative cloud subscriber and installed Lightroom 5 a few days ago. I’ve been working in my catalog a lot today and I’m having a strange issue. Many of the photo thumbnails have an exclamation point on them, but they don’t give me the message that the original files can’t be found. If I click on the exclamation points, I get this message instead:

“The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?”

When I chose the option to import settings from disk, the photo disappeared. When I choose “overwrite disk settings” the exclamation point goes away and the file seems to behave as normal. But I’m worried if something’s becoming corrupted in my files? Also many of my thumbnails seem to be appearing on their sides, and stretched out. When I double click to open the photos, the photos appear stretched and warped as well.

What’s happening?

33. Ron C says:

Upgrading, Can I upgrade from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 5 and not lose my current catalog (30k images) by just purchasing and installing the LR5 upgrade?

• Pete Green says:

Yes, LR5 will update your catalog. Might be a good idea to make a backup of your LR3 catalog first.

34. Michael says:

I own both Lightroom 5 for Mac and for Windows. My D600 will not tether to my laptop running windows 8 but it will tether to my iMac. I don’t understand it..

35. Why does it state in this article that the Nikon AF-S 80-400 lens profile is added, while I can’t select it in the droplist in Lens Corrections (LR5)?

Regards.

36. Brent says:

Since upgrading to LR5, I have experienced such slow speeds I’m considering abandoning it. LR4 would the previews in a folder in a reasonable time. LR5 is ridiculously slow. I read the optimization tips, made the appropriate changes, and it is still dog-slow. LR4’s speed is like a F-11 fighter jet, and LR5 is like a donkey in speed comparison. LR4 used to take about 60 seconds before my catalog was ready to access all the images. It’s been 20 minutes and LR5 has loaded a half-dozen folders out of about 1000 folders.

If someone from Adobe is listening, this needs to be fixed. I cannot afford to wait hours for my software to be ready for use. And, I shouldn’t need to make changes to settings from one release to the next. That is, if it worked fine in LR4, I would expect to work BETTER in LR5.

In the mean time, I’ll be using LR4 while I wait for an update to LR5.

• Pete Green says:

Have you tried optimizing the catalog within LR5? File > Optimize Catalog — See if that helps Brent. Most other users are reporting a speed increase from LR4 to LR5

• Ron C says:

I too am seeing a huge decrease in speed from LR3 (no where near as bad as Brent) and I have a very high end Micro Velocity Desktop (I-7 8 core, 16 g, graphics card, etc). 28K images in my catalog. I have optimized the catalog. Where can I find the optimization tips Brent mentioned! This does need to be looked into. I may have to “upgrade” to LR4

37. Martin Ray says:

I have LR 5 installed on my MacBook Pro and MacPro. Both are running 0S X 10.8.4
    On the MacBook Pro the F7 & F8 shortcut keys work for showing and hiding the Side Panels. They do not work on the MacPro. Any ideas?

38. Milton Gray says:

Tethered shooting in LR5 repeatedly disconnects. The camera (Canon 5D connected to MacBook Pro) does not stay connected and it requires restarting tethering. This happens about every ten minutes and while it starts back up this is a serious problem. Did not have this difficulty with LR4.
    I have changed USB cables, ports and have the MBP plugged to power.

Any suggestions?

39. Linda Strand says:

After upgrading from Lightroom 4 to 5 I have been having trouble with stacking. I was OK at the beginning but after doing an unstack of a group to do a panorama stitch, all my images have become unstacked and the right click stack option is missing. Also the photo/stacking is all grayed out. Any suggestions? I do lots of HDR and now all my stacks have opened and I cannot restack them.

• Linda Strand says:

Just found the answer. I was in a collection when trying to do the stacking. Now all is OK when in all photographs.

40. Benoit Bernier says:

I have purchased the update to LR5 and using web browser Windows 10, but as soon as I try downloading LR5 , it prompt a message to update my browser or to try another one! any chance that someone has a way to get by this?

41. Pat Shaw says:

I have recently installed Lightroom5 and so far I’m happy with it. I have recently bought a Nikon 18-135 Lens and was very surprised to find that it is not listed in the Lens Profile options. This lens has been around since 2006.

42. James says:

When trying to export a video slideshow file with 2100 shots the export will get about 1/12th of the way and then fail with an “Unknown Error”
    Has anybody else had this or know how to fix it?

43. Dirk Fennema says:

Any plans to update Lightroom 5 to support the D7100 for tethered shooting?

44. Peter says:

So in my opinion is Lightroom 5 a fantastic software.
    The changes compared to version 4 are very successful.
    I am totally satisfied with it. And the price is great too.
    I can only recommend it.

45. of scanner do you use? Did you make 60″ prints from the images that were on the sheets or original prints.

46. CeeJay says:

Anyone has any idea why LR5 is not Importing my files from the sdhc card (Leaxar Proff 16GB 600x Speed) with Nikon 800E

• Pete Green says:

Are you able to import from the card to hard drive then into lightroom?
      Do other SD cards work with lightroom imports?

47. Will have to give the new lightroom version a go,
    i enjoyed the last release so will be interesting to see the differences

48. Allanz says:

This is for adobe after effect right?

49. LR5 will update your catalog. Might be a good idea to make a backup of your LR3 catalog first.
    الإعجاز العلمي
    عجائب وغرائب
    التنمية البشرية
    صحتك

50. Rahul B says:

I will going to buy lightroom 5. By looking at specification it seems exceptionally good.

51. Same problem to import from the card to hard drive then into lightroom :(

52. Lightroom 5 is wonderful! I find it to be speedier than Lightroom 4 on my laptop and very reliable. For some reason 4 was hanging up and crashing sometimes.

53. kelly says:

ok i just bought my first iMac and also lightroom 5 then quickly realized there is no disc drive on the new IMAC (crap) is there a way for me to register my product online and receive a code to show that I did Indeed buy it and need it downloaded

54. Santi Gomez says:

I have tethered my Nikon D800 with an IOGEAR usb 2.0 booster cable to LR5 on a 27″ Mac. I know it’s working since the moment I shoot the images appear on my screen as thumbnails. The problem is, and the exact reason I want to teether my camera to a big screen, when I select a thumbnail for a magnified single view it says loading and just sort of freezes there.

Has anyone had the same problem? First time tethering my camera so not sure if it’s human error or a matter of software issues?

55. Emsi says:

“The slideshow appears as a black screen occasionally. This only occurs when a video file is chosen as the first slide.”

I´ve always a black screen in every slideshow, even with 3 fotos an no video. The bug still is present in LR 5.2 :-(

56. Karsten Koch says:

Hello. Is a support for the new sigma lense 18-35 f1.8 for nikon mount planed anytime soon?

57. Duane says:

Lightroom 5 – Tethered Capture – Slideshow
    In lightroom 4 it worked great… take a [tethered] shot, see it immediately on a display as the slideshow was running… LIVE. Doesn’t seem to work in Lightroom 5. It appears to work, but really only works on files that were already in the directory prior to capturing your new images. New images appear and are rendered, but the slideshow just skips right over them. Anyone else encounter this? Is there a fix?

• Duane says:

If you click to “stop” the slideshow, then immediately press “play” again, it works… but Lightroom 4 displayed the files live… as they were captured.

58. Amin says:

Can I replace LR 4 with LR 5 in the Apple Apps Store?