Camera 8.2 RC for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available on Adobe Labs

Camera Raw 8.2 is now available as a release candidate on Adobe Labs for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC on Adobe Labs.

As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support,  lens profile support, and bug fixes.  The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.

New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.2 Release Candidate

Hasselblad Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
GoPro GoPro Hero3 Black
GoPro GoPro Hero3 Silver
GoPro GoPro Hero3 White

Release Notes

Camera Raw 8.2 RC for Photoshop CC includes the following new features:

• The Histogram is now interactive. This enables the ability to click and drag on the Histogram to adjust the Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, and Whites slider adjustments.
  • A Color Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
  • Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint controls, which is accessible via the Shift+Double Click on either the Temperature or Tint adjustment sliders.
  • Workflow presets are now available and can be selected on context-clicking the workflow link.
  • Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
    • New Feather control
    • Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
    • Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
  • Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
    • Move brush adjustments by clicking and dragging on brush adjustment pins
    • Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
    • Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment o Alt+Click (PC) / Option+Click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to delete the adjustment

13 Responses to Camera 8.2 RC for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 available on Adobe Labs

1. Kari Eikås says:

Look forward to see if this works!

2. Nikonguy says:

Still no tethering for the D7100??

3. Mowang says:

Just checking…. was there a LR 5.1 version?

• Sharad Mangalick says:

When possible, we try to keep the version numbers between Camera Raw and Lightroom in sync. As Camera Raw is currently on version 8.2, we decided to skip forward to Lightroom 5.2 in order to keep them aligned. Sorry for any confusion.

4. Pierre-Julien Godier says:

It seems that interactive histogram does not work properly (PC Win7 + Intuos 5 pencil or mouse): it shows the different zones but nothing can be changed…

5. Eamonn Phillipson says:

I am so tired of this.
    I spent my hundreds of dollars on Photoshop CS6 in late November 2012. Now I watch Adobe only bringing new features to CC. I am an amateur and close to retirement. I don’t want to be forced into a monthly subscription. Fixed income pensioners don’t want to be forced into a take-it-or-leave-it situation every month.
    At least the boxed sets gave a long term choice. If one didn’t upgrade one would still be left with a usable piece of software with occasional updates.
    CC may support Adobe’s strategic, long term objectives. But it doesn’t help my long term objectives at all.

6. Donna Good says:

thanks so much. loved each upgrade.

7. RFrey says:

Is a shame that we don’t get all the toys unless we go subscription. I just get Photoshop C6 then cloud comes out. You update the camera raw and only give the new toys on camera raw to your new photoshop. Am starting to get disgusted with how we are treated unless we fork over a ton of cash. Am giving serious thought to finding a different solution.

8. It’s cool you didn’t forgot the Phase One.)

9. Red says:

Agreed,
    I’ve owned CS6 for only a few months. Sad the way Adobe is treating it’s loyal customers as I’ve purchased every version of PS since CS2 but CS6 was my last version of PS. I’ll continue to purchase LR as long as it remains on a perpetual license, but I’m honestly looking for alternatives to all of my Adobe products. If CC was such a great option, Adobe would offer it along side a perpetual licensed version and let the best product offering win. I think we all know this is about a constant revenue stream. Good luck in the game, but I won’t be playing….

10. Mathias says:

It would be immensely helpful if the bug fixes were described as well. Can’t find them anywhere.

11. Manuel says:

I’ve just acquired the eos 70d to find out Photoshop CS6 can’t open the raw.
    I’m pissed
    I’ve downloaded Camera 8.2 RC and it’s not working. I’m even more pissed. Next time I’ll find a solution that is less expensive… Being honest is the best way of being robbed